To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Clan games

Risk at Conquer Club
WilBert
Dumbledore

Re: Clan games

Post by WilBert »

stuboy wrote:I see our match with TNC is effectively over. Just wondered what we felt we have learnt from the tournament and what the plans for next clan battle are.

Things I've learnt:
- dice are just as important as food strategy. In no spoils game it's not always important to take a spot if it weakens you due to using too many dice
- coomunication is important in the game. Don't need war and peace but just a check every now and then that both singing from same hymn sheet
- if member of opposition is on 12, 15 or 18 territories erc, with tryin to knock one of them off just so they don't get extra troop.
- there are so many maps I have no idea how to play
- have enjoyed all my games so far in the doubles, trips and quads. Saying that, would also like to try some 1 vs 1 as well

Regarding improving knowledge of maps, wonder if we should start a section where people who are proficient on certain maps give us an idea on best strategy to start game with or things to be aware of. I know I would certainly learn a hell of a lot of we could do something like that
Well said.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Vid wrote:I've created a google docs sheet with some map stats and also the TNC war data, linked from a post in the forum on CC.

I'd say some of us aren't as good on certain maps as we think we are and are better at some maps than we think too.

We all have a bit more map knowledge now than when we started and hopefully by looking at how games were lost a bit more tactically aware on many of them too. There's still going to be games where some of us don't have the foggiest, but if we're going to keep seeing these maps come up in the away sets then we need to work them out else they're simply going to be automatic losses.

I did try to make appearances roughly even throughout this war but I think in future if someone has good strength and knowledge of more maps then they need to be used more to lead/ teach the rest of us. Should be easier to accomplish with trips and quads rather than just dubs, but if one or two people playing more games than the rest helps gain more wins then surely that's the way to go?
Thanks for all your hard work vid, with this and everything else you do. I've added a tiny bit of formatting to the spreadsheet.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

The final game vs TNC is not far from conclusion.

2 threads that need some input in the CC forum

1) The trench war I mentioned a little while back, I've been contacted and offered a start 1st August. To help our fremiums they're prepared to wait for sets to finish before starting the next. Offer is 3 sets - 2 dubs, 2 trips, 2 quads (home and away) each time + tie-breaker

2) a clan tourney aiming to start 10th August, includes singles

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Trench war vs AKA is a few days from starting, it'll be over 2 sets so fremiums need to have 2 free slots if possible fairly soon.

stevejtr
Grumpy Old Cereal Killer
FS Record: I always liked the old Tele FA Cup competition...

Post by stevejtr »

will be on me jollies from 8th to 19th with no tinterweb access so discount me please

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Have we no games at the moment?

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Ashers wrote:Have we no games at the moment?
Yep, new war just started, you had no free slots so couldn't include you in the first set. 2nd set will be 2 weeks or more as it's a trench war.

There's also a clan tourney starting next week I think (I need to check the thread).

If you have free slots when I'm putting everything together then I'll use them.

Keep an eye on the various threads in the CC forum.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

I don't know about all the other clan members, but I do think we are beginning to find our feet a little.

We are shit on the easier doubles matches. But with the likes of Clandemonium, Antartica, Feudel, That beach one *as long as Blah is in charge) and the other trickier maps (trips and quads). we do seem to be on a slightly more even keel with other (stronger) clans.

Also, the importance of talking tactics etc constrantly is very important.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Risk”