To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Standoffs

Risk at Conquer Club
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Standoffs

Post by Vid »

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=10923260" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3 of us left in a 4 way Feudal Epic trench with escalating, I'm just in 3rd on troop count, the leader is 100 up but with 4 castles against our 2 each and is getting 34 reinforcements to our 19. Spoils are now 105 for the next set.

So if we just take cheap spoils for a month or so blue will eventually be strong enough to take us both on, or spoils will get so high that an incursion will not be recaptured immediately, pushing someone back a few terits to new defensive position.

I'm not patient and don't do wars of attrition, especially when I'm not going to win.

How do more sensible players approach these positions? (I might actually learn something here!)

Crookface
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 7thOverall 05/06, Winner MOTM Jan, Nov 07 - April 12.  MOTW Winner 2012. 

Re: Standoffs

Post by Crookface »

Wow, how did it get in this state :D

Blue should try and take down everyone :-)

stevejtr
Grumpy Old Cereal Killer
FS Record: I always liked the old Tele FA Cup competition...

Re: Standoffs

Post by stevejtr »

You both need to go after the leader together or that's it. He'll just sit it out otherwise and then you get the inevitable.

I have my own little standoff.

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=10831828" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm just picking up 9 per round and shoring up. will try to do that for another 20 rounds or so then start seeing the lie of the land

Was in a terrible position after the first 40 rounds or so but have managed to get myself into a reasonable position by persuading the others getting rid of me wouldn't solve their problems :o .62 rounds in and we're nearly back to round 1 status :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Risk”