To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

You lot are too good...

Risk at Conquer Club
Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

You lot are too good...

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I've noticed recently that playing "ordinary" people in public games is a hell of a lot easier than playing the FISO mob in a private game. Are just exponentially better than everyone? :lol: Anyone else find this? Lieutenants & Generals & Field Marshalls & such forth don't scare me in the real world :lol:

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: You lot are too good...

Post by Vid »

I'd say that we are much more competitive amongst ourselves and to a certain extent points are being passed too and fro within the group, hurting some more than others in the process.

And yes, when you are faced with mere captain and majors (not sure about higher than that) they aren't as merciless by a long way :-)

kizkiz
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO autumn 2009 poker world champ and 8 game champ

Post by kizkiz »

And sometimes in a public game your so called friends want you to lose, eh vid :lol: :wink:

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

kizkiz wrote:And sometimes in a public game your so called friends want you to lose, eh vid :lol: :wink:
The last one we were both in you won I believe due to the last person to get ko'd going after me rather than you, of course I'd sooner have won it but I don't begrudge you taking it.

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Vid wrote:
kizkiz wrote:And sometimes in a public game your so called friends want you to lose, eh vid :lol: :wink:
The last one we were both in you won I believe due to the last person to get ko'd going after me rather than you, of course I'd sooner have won it but I don't begrudge you taking it.
I was only joking :lol:
That trench game confused me. I couldn't work out why you weren't expanding when green was constantly attacking me and putting huge numbers up against me. Seems he was doing the same to you,but no idea where he got all the troops from!
Anyway, the scotland game is looking good 8-)

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Scotland looking very good for you! 1v1 after your next move, shame it's chained rather than unlimited so you've got a bit of work to do to finish red off, pretty sure he was ranked much higher not long ago.

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Vid wrote:Scotland looking very good for you! 1v1 after your next move, shame it's chained rather than unlimited so you've got a bit of work to do to finish red off, pretty sure he was ranked much higher not long ago.
Yup, cyan dead next turn whatever.
Yellow dead unless red takes my scottish territ next to yellow and delays matters.
Red i will just keep hammering until i win the war of attrition, but annoyingly will have to keep the one grey territ alive behind my lines.
Lots of thinking with thrench terminator :lol:

Finsimbo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: If only there was a record

Post by Finsimbo »

Cheers kk for the Salem game never really got the hang of it. Castle lands is another one I thought I was close to winning but kk and pap have killed me off..... :x

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

Finsimbo wrote:Cheers kk for the Salem game never really got the hang of it. Castle lands is another one I thought I was close to winning but kk and pap have killed me off..... :x
Teach you to call me slow, twice :twisted:

:lol:

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

I think you'll find that i have killed nobody. All i've been able to do every turn is retake my small bonus after you both attack me,
You can definitely blame pappje :lol:

As for Salem, well i still have no clue. I started in some remote corner, never got attacked or saw anyone, and syddenly seemed to be deploying 20+ troops. Just lucky the way it went tbh

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

Kiz & Finsimbo both now summarily dispatched..... 8-) The mistake made was to leave my Tower/Castle holdings alone for a turn or two, was giving me a deploy of 11 or more which I used around the edges of the map, but you never cut me off. Thanks to nabbing points from Kiz, I'm at my highest ever rating :D

As to BFM's point, I guess part of it is that we are quite a small grouping on here, but are pretty much all quite well-versed in this kind of gaming. So intra-FISO battles can be a lot tougher than stealing sweets off some of the kids on the wider site. I know I've played some games where the utter stupidity of some players leaves someone to build a winning position they should never have been able to.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Has a huge impact on stats? Just checked my stats - played 39 & won 6. Which is probably like 1 in 30 fiso games + 5 in 9 normal.

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

I win a few fiso games, but certainly not more than my fair share.
It does seem easier sometimes to take games against others

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I'm not really worried about it. Think Ive only won one on my own, though been part of a couple doubles victories. Every 'FISO' game I try seems to be on a new map, and I'm not getting the practice the members are on a max of 4 games a time. Put me on 'Classic' I'll be more than a match for anyone :wink:

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

Terminator, thats the way forward.

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

Richt wrote:Terminator, thats the way forward.
terminator, sunny, yadda yadda yadda :twisted:

Put your balls on the line boy :lol:

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I dont really mind Terminator, sunny, foggy etc - but I'm not so fussed on escalating spoils. Makes it a bit random taking half the board for someone to take it back again. I'd rather build solidly to a win than get lucky with the spoils.

stevejtr
Grumpy Old Cereal Killer
FS Record: I always liked the old Tele FA Cup competition...

Post by stevejtr »

Beerfuelledman wrote:I dont really mind Terminator, sunny, foggy etc - but I'm not so fussed on escalating spoils. Makes it a bit random taking half the board for someone to take it back again. I'd rather build solidly to a win than get lucky with the spoils.
agreed. I'm tending to play games now with either no spoils or flat rate

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

I find it quite satisfying to clear the maps with a run of escalating spoils. Something quite sexy about having 90 armies to deploy if you are able to double cash.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Risk”