To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Totally unfair

Risk at Conquer Club
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: Totally unfair

Post by Ashers »

blahblah wrote:You mean before you get the Spoil? I don't think there is a way - I assumed that they were random...
That was my problem.

I ended up with three of my best regions under nuked spoils and had to choose them as they were all blue.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

You needed to clear at least one of the two blue when you only had 4 Spoils......

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

Sometimes it is actually advantageous to "own" one of the nuclear spoils as it means no-one else has it and you can build up a stack on it risk free before you eventually go on a rampage

it's not exactly unfair, just a bit unlucky as each player plays with the same rules

kizkiz
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO autumn 2009 poker world champ and 8 game champ

Post by kizkiz »

jpk wrote:Sometimes it is actually advantageous to "own" one of the nuclear spoils as it means no-one else has it and you can build up a stack on it risk free before you eventually go on a rampage

it's not exactly unfair, just a bit unlucky as each player plays with the same rules
It's extremely rare, but duplicates do exist sometimes
I find nuclear is best to just avoid stacking and run through the board instead. Nobody has bonuses due to the nuking, so it's rare for any deployment of more than 3.

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

There was an article about this in the forum the other day. One way around this is when you have 4 spoils - don't miss your go, but instead start your go but don't complete it (in other words "run out of time"). According to the mods, this was fine and not against the rules.

I'll see if I can find the discussion and will post the link.

crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Post by crispybits »

That can often wind people up too tho Stuboy - there's players I've seen post on the forums that doing that makes you a target and/or gets you bad ratings.

Kinda agree with them too - if you were playing the board game you couldn't take most of your turn then get up and walk away for an hour just to avoid being given a card.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Risk”