To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Heads-Up Poker Tournament - Sign-up thread

FISO's own forum community competitions including Forum Poker Game & Forum Prediction comps
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

FISO Heads-Up Poker Tournament - Sign-up thread

Post by forestfan »

On the poker society forum we have been discussing holding a heads-up (1 against 1) poker tournament (no-limit hold'em) - either on a knockout basis or "Champions League" style group system.

People interested so far are:

1. forestfan
2. Spencer4
3. Bunners
4. Pincher
5. CanaryYellow
6. Grant
7. kizkiz
8. Karrde
9. Totempaul
10. Buckers
11. Jeffersdn
12. Vid

Please sign up here if interested - all you need is a Ladbrokes Poker account. Format to be decided later, but all games will be played for very small stakes unless both players agree otherwise. Players should be able to arrange their own time for matches, as with the chess, backgammon etc.

If you haven't done so yet, you can join the Poker Society group at http://www.fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/groupcp.php.
Last edited by forestfan on 21 Mar 2006, 20:22, edited 6 times in total.

Grant
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Grant »

Count me in. Could definitely use the heads up practice. Would prefer this one to be for small stakes, as would enable good practice of different styles, etc. without worrying about the cash.

totempaul
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 3 Consecutive EggCup promotions.TFF/FPL Combo Cup Winner 2010

Post by totempaul »

10 is a good number at least it's an even number, the thread had been running for nearly a month now, don't think therte can be anymore signups....or is there?

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

I had a couple of games against forestfan on Sturday night. I actually thought we might use that game as a start, but they he ran off. It was one-all at the time.

It may be that I said something to upset him, as I was a bit lagered, anyway, let's get it on...

totempaul
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 3 Consecutive EggCup promotions.TFF/FPL Combo Cup Winner 2010

Post by totempaul »

Spencer4 wrote:I had a couple of games against forestfan on Sturday night. I actually thought we might use that game as a start, but they he ran off. It was one-all at the time.

It may be that I said something to upset him, as I was a bit lagered, anyway, let's get it on...
maybe he lost connection

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

totempaul wrote:
Spencer4 wrote:I had a couple of games against forestfan on Sturday night. I actually thought we might use that game as a start, but they he ran off. It was one-all at the time.

maybe he lost connection
I prefer to think he ran off into the night scared wit-less :wink:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Sorry about that, didn't realise you wanted another game as you didn't stay at the table after the second one. Thought that was just a practice anyway, though we could have counted it if we played 5 I suppose!

Unless anyone else enters by the end of tonight I will draw up a fixture list.

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

Sorry to upset everyone, but can I play?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

jeffersdn wrote:Sorry to upset everyone, but can I play?
Yes - no problem, the more people the better. Anyone else want to make it up to 12?

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Not really interested but for the sake of even numbers if no-one else comes forward then I'll play.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Vid is in as player 12 (unless anyone else wants to come forward and replace him, if so please speak up very quickly!)

Competition will be in the form of 2 groups of 6, each playing a best-of-5 match against everyone else in the group, top 2 go into semis and final.
Draw has been made, using today's edition of Deal Or No Deal as the random number generator :D

Group A
Spencer4
Karrde
Pincher
Bunners
kizkiz
Buckers

Group B
Grant
Vid (or replacement)
Totempaul
Jeffersdn