To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Guess England's group.

FISO's own forum community competitions including Forum Poker Game & Forum Prediction comps
MrSmedley
FISOhead

Post by MrSmedley »

Striker wrote:
MrSmedley wrote:Odds are surely 1 in (8*8*7) = 1 in 448 = 447/1.
:wink:
For someone who's usually pretty good at this sort of thing, thats hopeless. :o

Clue: The probability of England being in different combinations varies from combination to combination.*

*OK now its a certainty. :wink: But two hours ago ......
Well due to the peculiarities of the draw England had a slightly bigger chance of facing a North American team than an Asian team and also a slightly bigger chance of facing a South American team than one from Africa or Australia but these technicalities don't bother me :D

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

MrSmedley wrote:Well due to the peculiarities of the draw England had a slightly bigger chance of facing a North American team than an Asian team and also a slightly bigger chance of facing a South American team than one from Africa or Australia but these technicalities don't bother me :D
The technicalities don't bother most of us, but then most of us weren't bothered whether the odds were 447/1 or something else. But we don't expect to see calculation principles totally disregarded. :wink: :) :lol:

MrSmedley
FISOhead

Post by MrSmedley »

To be honest Striker I didn't think about how the chances were slightly different originally. I was trying to cover myself just now but obviously you've seen right through my flimsy defence. I only realised when you were kind enough to point it out to me. :) Although, I should say that if 447/1 was indeed correct then people would be more interested in knowing that rather than the earlier incorrect figure provided. Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy though, it's people like you that give us all knowledge and keep us on the right track. You should be proud :wink:

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

As a peacock with a new tail. :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum Community Games & Competitions”