To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Keeper League?

FISO's own forum community competitions including Forum Poker Game & Forum Prediction comps
Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Re: Keeper League?

Post by Sport Billy »

I don't need to play for money to keep going. I don't want a cash game. Those that do can do with pleasure. Maybe you need to set up another for those who want to? Or if I'm the only one, then I'll just leave and hand the league over to you. I'm sure I can invite a co commissioner and then just leave and set up another fun only league. Let me know what you'd rather...

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I'm happy to make it a cash league, but I'd need to see all the rules regarding transfers, kept players etc written and agreed beforehand.

Maybe it would be better to run as a prize-free league for the first year, just to iron out any queries that might pop-up.

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

I agree...

Droughton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 11/12 - 292

Post by Droughton »

I'm interested in a money league where the rule is we just keep our initially drafted teams, none of the season overlapping and transfering next years 1st pick etc as people may drop out.

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

Send me your email, let's just get you in anyway now and we can work it out later

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Might be interested in this but don't want to have to use my main FPL team for this. Is this something we can do 'offline' so to speak?

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

thebillfella wrote:Might be interested in this but don't want to have to use my main FPL team for this. Is this something we can do 'offline' so to speak?
??

We're not on FPL. Don't know what you mean, sorry...

Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Re: RE: Re: Keeper League?

Post by Deppy »

Sport Billy wrote:I may have the answer for you all.......

http://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/home.go? ... szibwkt14m

Fantrax.com Full draft league that I've set up. I use it all the time for Baseball and Golf. Really good website. I've set us a league up wih a draft date of Sunday August 2nd at 9.00pm provisionally, but that can change with debate! We all attend draft, pick players live and its all done in an hour. Really easy. I've set up points to mirror FPL by and large, but again that can be tinkered with. I can even assign points for goalkeeper smothers!!!

After you draft, unpicked players are available as free agents to pick. You can trade players with each other. All good stuff

I have to invite you to a slot by email, so if anyone wants to give it a whirl, send me your email address.

And honestly, its a super website, really functional with live scoring
Is it easy to set up and run? And is the scoring really basic?
Thinking of using it for my works league, just a change from the normal fantasy football.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Skuse Me
Kevin and Perry

Post by Skuse Me »

I'd be well up for this guys, sounds great.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

I am leaving town for a week. Out in a national forest so doubt I will have any kind of internet access. I will check back on this when I return. As it stands I feel like the cash side of it is important as there is no real reason to maintain for some if we don't do it that way. I could maybe agree to a free one for the first season to see how it stands (in case of any unforeseen issues). But we are not talking about massive amounts of money here. I guess in theory people could drop out and not play the following season but in my experiences with other sports we just found new managers to take over in the event someone no longer wanted to continue. With a community as large as FISO I doubt that would be hard to do.

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

Deppy wrote:

Fantrax.com Full draft league that I've set up. I use it all the time for Baseball and Golf. Really good website. I've set us a league up wih a draft date of Sunday August 2nd at 9.00pm provisionally, but that can change with debate! We all attend draft, pick players live and its all done in an hour. Really easy. I've set up points to mirror FPL by and large, but again that can be tinkered with. I can even assign points for goalkeeper smothers!!!

After you draft, unpicked players are available as free agents to pick. You can trade players with each other. All good stuff

I have to invite you to a slot by email, so if anyone wants to give it a whirl, send me your email address.

Thinking of using it for my works league, just a change from the normal fantasy football.

Painfully simple! Register on Fantrax.com set up your own league and invite your own friends. Adapt the scoring as you please and set your draft date and time as suits you. Really couldn't be simpler!

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

Sport Billy wrote:
Deppy wrote:

Painfully simple! Register on Fantrax.com set up your own league and invite your own friends. Adapt the scoring as you please and set your draft date and time as suits you. Really couldn't be simpler!
Let me know how many and I can set you a league up, invite them and just put you as co-commissioner. Then when they're all in, I'll just leave the league and leave you to it. Let me know......

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

Skuse Me wrote:I'd be well up for this guys, sounds great.
Send me your email chum, I'll put you in...

Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Post by Deppy »

Ok thanks. I'll see what the consensus is in work, just fancied doing something different.

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Sport Billy wrote:
thebillfella wrote:Might be interested in this but don't want to have to use my main FPL team for this. Is this something we can do 'offline' so to speak?
??

We're not on FPL. Don't know what you mean, sorry...
The thread is in FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games :shock:

Are you using the fantrax site?

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

Aaahhh, that makes sense. Yes we are, sorry. Can I shift locations?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't know if this is any good, but I came across this site today:

https://draftfantasyfootball.co.uk/

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

My draft list is ready :-)

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Droughton wrote:I'm interested in a money league where the rule is we just keep our initially drafted teams, none of the season overlapping and transfering next years 1st pick etc as people may drop out.
+1 to this from me.

If the consensus is that we will go ahead with a league in this format I'll definitely join.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

LOL, can we do both?
I mean, both the Fantrax and the DraftFF one?

Sport Billy was very kind and quick to jumpstart ;) the setup on Fantrax, and I already joined there :D
It turns out to not follow exactly the FPL rules, it's just a PL-FF League with unique teams & Draft
the DraftFF one follows FPL scoring much closer (maybe because it's .co.uk)
Fantrax is more US-based sports oriented at first sight, lots of options apply mainly to NFL or baseball
But it truly looks choke-packed with options and tools, I figure it would allow for an "autopick list" to submit too for thos with problems attending a whole online session....
I think it would be stupid that the few of us interested in such a leagu would split in two separate tinier leagues because we disagree on the site/platform where to play....

a fee is fine with me, I just don't have PayPal and would not want to open an accout there, it must be payable somewhere online using just my Credit Card (MasterCard, I'd set up a one-off Virtual one for the purpose)
I wonder whether FISO would offer such services...

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

I can get on board with a cash game. Treasurer anyone?

Deppy
FISOhead

Post by Deppy »

Room for anyone else? If it's only a fiver then I'd be willing to put in.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Back from the woods and it looks like we are no closer to getting anything resolved here. Perhaps a poll is in order?

Deppy
FISOhead

Post by Deppy »

Is this dead in the water or is it something we can work on?

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

We can work on it, but there's only 4 in the league. So until we fill it, the cash or not argument is irrelevant.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Sport Billy wrote:We can work on it, but there's only 4 in the league. So until we fill it, the cash or not argument is irrelevant.
Well I cant find the link to the league

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

There's the link, but people need to send me their email so I can in invite them to a slot

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

Still need 5 owners to fill this league up? Drafting Sunday 2nd August at 9.00pm UK time. We can play for fun or cash, either is fine. Those that want to put in to a pot can, those that don't needn't bother!

Send me your email and I'll invite you to an open slot..

Neat twist on fantasy football, no player can be owned by more than one person. No duplicate teams..

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

Sport Billy wrote:Still need 5 owners to fill this league up? Drafting Sunday 2nd August at 9.00pm UK time. We can play for fun or cash, either is fine. Those that want to put in to a pot can, those that don't needn't bother!

Send me your email and I'll invite you to an open slot..

Neat twist on fantasy football, no player can be owned by more than one person. No duplicate teams..
3 spots left...

Deppy
FISOhead

Post by Deppy »

I'm in as team number 7, wouldn't let me change the name on my phone so have to do it on my pc.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum Community Games & Competitions”