To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Working backwards can be fun too

A forum for general discussion on subjects and topics that do not fit anywhere else.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Working backwards can be fun too

Post by jimwinn »

I love it- social / systems analysis is fun

Met a guy called Malcolm Arnold when I was upside down seven years ago
(Stress, depression- worked in FE for 15 years at Thomas Danby College)
Must better now though - which is nice
Can't remember where or when I stumbled across Malcolm but he made sense looking back
Think it was in a quiet country pub in South Yorkshire (I was very drunk)

Anyone wanting to return to a simpler life would be most welcome to join us at MaP
Try not to be suspicious of sceptical
Just go with it
Maybe we are wrong and it's too late

A few 'rules' of course in the village

No talk of money
No bullies
Knowledge is free
No drugs - hippies were okay but were misguided/poisoned

The site will be live soon - nothing flashy just a place for nice people to share and discuss life and experience
Simple hierarchy structure - I'll start with music and we'll see how it goes before we set up the model

as we are friendly chaps I'll natter on about my weekend

Religious hide and seek -
I went out to find an old mate on Friday night at the Cardigan arms in Kirkstall
Wifetaxi as it's only a couple of miles from Pudsey (nearly 29 years now - she's grrreeeeeeet and I'm very very lucky)
I call my mate Seamus O'Zues
He never had a chance
His family are quite religious
I got the name of the street out of his sister
I'll find him and save him from himself and them

Pubs are so hot,crowded and noisy
Nipped out back for a roll up - too many people so perched on a bench
Two annoying boys showing off to a drunk foreign exchange student trying to impress
I turned to the third quieter boy and asked him if he is a bass player like me
When they had scarpered a younger lady sat next to me and congratulated me on my restraint
Must admit "they were giving me the bottom" - the young guy collecting empties smirked
She was full of questions and got angry with me
She didn't like brainstorming as it "encourages bullying" - 1
She knows that Anthony Hamilton is on the shadow front bench - 2
I mentioned "I'll be your mirror" which she knows - 3
I swore and apologised to her older partner - he shrugged as she ranted on
He will calm her down - she is always right I guess
Must remember that line for next time
Got the 9.50 bus back to Pudsey and had a beer at the major inn - very nice small real ale music boozer
(They are from darn sarf which is nice)

Saturday passed relatively uneventfully- missed the steam room in Bramley but squeezed in the manor, the commercial (pool), betfred (chilled out), the Royal (quiet snug room) and weading at the bowling green. Pudsey is really chilled out and so is West Yorkshire. I reckon that the further north you go the more relaxing it becomes - maybe away from the rich people. Hmm - maybe not (worried about Brexit, Boris, Hitler, Trump and that Gary Glitterati stuff).

Sunday - litter picking round the park (raining which is handy)
Weading - should be finished tomorrow
Son bobbed over with fiancee - getting married in December
My son works for King games and I lent him my uncensored Chappelle Show (irony)
Son "doesn't mix with hipsters" - messenger whilst in Soho 😯
Fiancee will drag him up to Manchester or Dundee after a bit of money @ the rat race
His mate is in the Caribbean - his girlfriend is a Disney princess (Respect) - but showy though.

Hubris -
Me - "have you got his number"
Went to see the John Wick movie with the wife (intense and she booked me an aisle seat). Beer in the McThingie drinks carton.

Got home late and checked the old virgin email address. Looked at a post on Facebook - hmmmmm. Richard Branson owes us for 2 months money double bills. Maybe Rupert will sort it - he promised to sort the switch without a hitch. Not impressed - surely they have enough money. Richard must be trying to prove something - is he a cool cruiser? Rupert is much more straightforward I guess - an Aussie.

Monday - hmmmm
My leg hurts a bit (been driving like a duck for years)
need to check out that old battered tent so better get up
Had toast with humis with a nice cup of tea
Told you - she is great

Love to all

Jim
54 yrs old and 8 days
I'm the village idiot btw
Mum from Battersea and late Dad from Stamford Bridge (North Yorks) - guess I had a leg up.

'The Man from Earth' - worrying movie for all at MaP
I'll be your mirror' - Nico (Great voice - dodgy politics)
Chappelle Show -'HBO uncensored version'. The bomb of stand up with Mos Def too (anyone know Dave? I want to invite him round to my house. Maybe he will like MaP - hmmmmmmm got me thinking now
Brudenell Social Club - 31st May £12 quid in (subhuman)
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/eve ... nt_id=6000
Beginning of August in Halifax

Sorry Chris - just need a place to start MaP (again) hope you are cool and interested in our village. It should be more coherent now (hopefully). Somehow it is much easier when it's not for me (issues from childhood which I'll maybe never shake off).
Nothing too weird just incompatible parents (stressed dad bullying my mum and himself (he was the middle brother - his mum wasn't well after the eldest went to Aus). I've got a sorted mum (being strong for me and my brother).

I like the pain anyway - I'm a bass player who loves Nick Cave, Cohen, joy Zipper, Beefheart, Joy Division, early Cure,Talking Heads, punk, indie, Debbie Harry, mazie Star, Fatima Mansions, some Bowie, Tom Waites, Flobots and blues (yes I am a 'walking' cliche).
It's not my fault - I blame society

You could be a visiting King
Maybe a Bear in the woods to keep away unwanted guests
A Razorback in the lake would be cool too (movies)
Who's that NZ guy on the cricket threads - nice. Bet he loves Aussies
Where is Oooozie - maybe he needs a chat with the village idiot

Knowledge is free so give it away (don't be uncool)
Love West Yorkshire - maybe MaP can top that Factory thing - all them drugs, carp dancing, mainstream indie, Beatles, The Craic and the rain (yawn).
Last edited by jimwinn on 30 May 2019, 04:47, edited 2 times in total.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Working backwards can be fun too

Post by jimwinn »

Thursday 30th May

Hi again

Meditation - been up the steam room again and I'm loving it. Yesterday I did a bit of litter picking and weeding in the car park (cigarette butts inbetween the cars or those blue shoe cover things - hmmm).

Most enjoyable and handy when working or just chilling out - a good way to relax and order your thoughts, work backwards for the day's schedule, review your day, clear the vents or ease the pain in your body. I've been practicing mindfulness and various or things for years now.

The strange thing is that I've met different people along the way who have helped me through the upside down time (a Sikh guy who showed me the mask and explained how to breathe properly and a couple of Indian gents who like to discuss anything (with few words). So now I've learnt how to relax and listen properly. The problem is that I'm quite clever (for an idiot) and need to slow down (especially with the mouth thing).

Now I can use various techniques to gain clarity, regulate breathing (down to 5 to 10 cigs per day), 'visit' and 'meet' people, check my body (sort the leg), visualise and overcome problems, sleep properly (handy when upside down), learn bass riffs and more importantly gain clarity for bigger issues.

I've got really good at meditation and can get to three (maybe four) without thinking about things that aren't numbers.

So yesterday I got in the zone and found myself walking through a warm place with trees (maybe vines). I was walking slowly and moving my hands alternately to move aside the branches / vines.

This 3rd eye stuff interests me - so does shakra.

Reckon I'm a Buddhist deep down but I always think about the blended learning (from the e-learning course at Huddersfield). Need to do that dissertation bit at some stage.

The strange thing is that I don't read books. I know it 'limits' my knowledge but I need to experience/observe and discuss/think to gain ownership. I'm not arrogant - it's just the way I am.

Anyway enough looking at my belly button (fluff from my Spurs T-shirt).

Got a phone interview for a job in 7 hours. Not to worry it's only a few months and they are aspirational, caring, mystic capitalists so I know exactly what to say to play the part.

More bother with Richard Branson yesterday - one of his drones rang me (groan).

Laters

Jim

(Brudenell Social Club on Friday night - Subhuman. Need to scan a copy of Facebook sucker). Better rest the leg (wifetaxi sorted for the return home). She is so cool and offered to take my in too. I want to play Catholic hide and seek though so will do the litter-picking (just surface stuff now), steam room, weeding, watching bowls and have a few beers (handy supermarket nearby - near the train station. All the nice food and ales aren't popular which is nice. Got to put more music on that mp3 player. I leant it to son no. 1 when I was ill so it's nice seeing what I liked. He likes Cage the Elephant and Flobots (outstanding).

Both kids are so cool - they don't try of course. The youngest is super cool. Might make a competition of it - who can get an island 1st (port or starboard etc). Nothing impresses the kids (except themselves). Well I'm impressed.

Better figure out how to do a village in this internet thing. Easy to visualise but hard to do. Might start off with a forum (got to love the King and his mates for the ever cool fiso).

Might chill on Saturday to recover - might be celebrating a Spurs win (when you expect them to win they get all spursy so hopefully....
We are better without an unfit Kane - all that coming deep gives me the bottom.

Could do with finding Seamus O'Zues though - he's so 'ill' and mega cool

I like being the 'right' way up.

Jim

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

After much agonizing I've decided to go for a Facebook Group for now

Feeling a bit queasy

Thanks for your patience Chris

If I can get tech help then it may be different later but Facebook is the way to get to the most people I guess. Hmmmmm this bloke with wierd hair is over bothering the queen - better MaP that (and stick an emoji on this barnet)

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Sorry for picking on Lancashire - that is contrary to the no bullies rule (I am a Spurs fan though so it's not really my fault)

Phew - sneaked out of that one without using catholic guilt, going bonkers or senile dementia

Not sure MaP will be politically correct but then again as a middle-classed anarchist I really don't give a flying copulation

Cheers to fiso

I'll probably be back having vaginad it up soon

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Has someone spiked you Jim?

Are you ok?

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Hi Zim

no - just between contracts with the NHS and want to try something out (feeling a bit bored and 'edgy' too if truth be told - finished the last contract at the beginning of May). I'm off to a bikermusic thing at the beginning of August if you want to tag along though :)

Set up the Malcom Arnold account on Facebook just now - it's really an idea to see how far you can go with a 2nd life these days. I'm not really into online stuff but I guess at 54 I shouldn't be

When I see people walking around on their devices I wonder how much they are missing out on their 1st life? Why stand still at a gig and record the moment on a device. Pubs these days are banning phone calls these days so I guess I'm not the only one who finds the constant babble irrritating.

There are so many people who look great online but are in fact a bit sad - too busy grooming their profiles and staying in.

I reckon most people will be a bit suspicious and confused too - no big deal. I don't look for affermation from others - no-one has to 'like' me as I am a grown up and like 'real' experiences

Anyhow - malcom is alive and kicking now so we'll see how it goes.

If nothing else I can top up my postgrad diploma in elearning and multimedia.

As I am the village idiot I will hook up with malcolm to join the village later today
Last edited by jimwinn on 25 Jun 2019, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Ha ha.... I’m always baffled by people filming at gigs.

It’s invariably going to look (and sound) $hit... so why bother. Take a picture by all means. But put the phone away. Talking at gigs gets on my knockers too... but that’s a discussion for a different thread.

Or at football matches... enjoy the moment. You’re there. Watch it in full panoramic glory rather than a 6inch screen.

I was at the game in Madrid (check me out). Guy next to me filmed Salahs penalty. He’s paid £2k for his ticket and filmed a goal instead of watching it.

The whole social media profile thing... it is a blot on society and there are polar extremes. It’s not all bad. Im glad I grew up without it and I fear for my 7yo who’s every move is/will be recorded and commented on for ever more.

I’m not sure the ‘perfect’ representation on social media is necessarily a bad thing (or misleading).

Isn’t it just the online equivalent of putting your trousers on and combing your hair before going to the shop to buy some milk and a paper?

Similarly... do you want to see/hear about someone washing up and mopping their floor? No. So it is all ‘look at me’ or ‘look where I am’.

Undoubtedly, that perfect/exciting life does then lead to people feeling under pressure to meet these dizzying heights of perfection. That’s the issue (realising that everyone is only presenting their highlights).

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Indeedy Zim

To help illustrate the point Malcolm has written this song - Facebook Sucker

Facebook Sucker

(Young)
Ever since he was a young boy he'd played that X-Box scene.
From High School through to Uni - He's such a stupid teen.
He's never popped his cherry - Far too busy being clean.
That stupid trendy fanboy – He sure lives a tragic dream.

(20-30)
He stands like a statement becomes part of the machine.
A fiddling with his software - he's such a naughty spleen.
You ain't seen nothing like it around this kind of scene.
That stupid trendy mother - He sure is awful mean.

Chorus
Cause he's a Facebook Sucker - Got such a flex i wrist.
A Facebook Sucker - Won't know what he's just missed.
Why do you think he does it?
Well God knows.
What makes him so cool?

(40-60)
Then he moved into banking, Stats, coke, adrenaline.
Made everybody 'like him', Thumbs up – emoji grin.
He's evil on the inside, Outside he's super clean.
That fatal shares accountant - He sure is a tragic being.

(Chorus)

(End Game 60+)
Sad and lonely at the office – Left out of reindeer games.
Christmas pain and isolation – Every year is just the same.
Keyboard warrior vents his anger on anyone that he can blame.
His heart is fit to burst now – He sure is a massive pain.

(Chorus)

This song is dedicated to Gareth who lives darn sarf and has M.S.

Facebook
malcolm arnold – Harehills Leeds

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Took Malcolm's profile down for a few days - no point in rushing this concept / project

Been in touch with Richard Schenkman - the director of 'the man from earth' - what a nice guy

The tricky part of creating this MaP thing is knowing what to do next.

I'm going to have a better idea by nattering with my prospective brother in law

He has an accounts company so will know about charities, co-ops, trustees etc

Everyone I talk to about MaP is wondering what I will do next (to make some dosh usually). Me too guys 😎 :roll: :shock: :? :D

Groan - I don't think that way. I have confusing conversations with friends and randomers

The best way is to set up a charity and be the trustee. Then when I am dead someone else can step up. In effect anyone can be a part of MaP at any time

Any knowledge sharing will result in a equal split with the collaborators - that could be 50% of nothing.

MaP is so easy to understand but as I'm into experiential routes and not learned knowledge it is tricky

In fact the whole thing is a contradiction which could descend into extreme naval gazing if I'm not careful.

'One' thing that I have learnt is that I am perceptive, naive, loving, fun and gullable and I love it. I can play the bass, talk for England (and listen) and am open to exploitation.

Malcolm is my wideboy personna (had I stayed in London)
Jim is me - a composite of experience, circumstance and coincidence

So working out why you are like you are is 'easy' - you just need

The timeline
Honesty
A good listener who is selfless and non judgemental etc

Hmm - as everything is a construct (or constraint) is this self-analysis possible / constructive?

Most people just get on with day to day life - fair enough. It is easier and more 'natural'. We all do and some of us think about other stuff.

Just off to the Russian baths in Bramley to pick more hair out of my inny - worked out shakra yesterday btw ...............

I love life. I am a bass player though so can be open to the pain of existance - yay

Repect to Deaky and Fiso

Jim

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

jimwinn wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 09:45I have confusing conversations with friends and randomers
I find that hard to believe :mrgreen: :wink:

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Morning folks

It's been a while since I dropped in to fiso so a big hello to all happy fantasy dudes

I've been quite a busy bee recently but plans are on hold due to the pesky pandemic

I've used Facebook to launch the global village of love, respect, free thinking, trust etc and have bought two domains to create websites for a more structured model

I've been lucky with hook-ups. Is it luck? I am a very nice guy so finding like-minded people is always a possibility. Being a magnet for those with issues can be both rewarding and hazardous. It's a case of being wary as you know. Nice people don't see the nasties coming so sometimes isolation is an option (handy nowadays I guess).

Anyway - if global travel is possible by the end of the summer I'll be letting several musicians know about a cool opportunity to play abroad. More to follow for unsigned artists/bands who want to get a bit leg up with no expense. Musicians tend to be cool, adventurous, giving and want to spread the love. I happen to be a guy who can make this possible.

More to follow if the outbreak burns out before the whole planet goes into meltdown

Love

Jim
(MaP Village idiot)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Stuff (That Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!)”