To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea without Hazard

A forum for Player & Team news and comment - including injuries & suspensions. If you have a query where the answer depends on the FF game you are playing then please post on that game's forum.
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Chelsea without Hazard

Post by admin »

Eden Hazard: Real Madrid sign Chelsea forward for fee that could exceed £150m
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48548361

So with Hazard gone and Chelsea unable to sign any new players until Jan 2020 does that simply mean Willian and Pedro get more game time, at least until Hudson-Odoi is back from injury around October (assuming he does make a full recovery from the serious achilles injury)?

Will Higuain and Giroud get more game time?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Chelsea without Hazard

Post by murf »

I think the current appeal against the transfer ban is maybe an even bigger issue than Hazard leaving.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Most of the names listed are over 30, so they won’t ideally want to give them a heavier workload. RLC is also injured... they do have Pulisic coming in, but otherwise it may be a case of bringing a couple of their factory farmed perennial loanees.

If they don’t find a couple of gems within the system I’m not sure they even have a top six side there.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

forestfan wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 09:32 Most of the names listed are over 30, so they won’t ideally want to give them a heavier workload. RLC is also injured... they do have Pulisic coming in, but otherwise it may be a case of bringing a couple of their factory farmed perennial loanees.

If they don’t find a couple of gems within the system I’m not sure they even have a top six side there.
Whilst Pulisic is a playmaker for Dortmund he's only scoring about 1 goal in every 10 games I think.

What other Loanees do you think Chelsea will bring back to help fill the void?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

admin wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 09:57
forestfan wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 09:32 Most of the names listed are over 30, so they won’t ideally want to give them a heavier workload. RLC is also injured... they do have Pulisic coming in, but otherwise it may be a case of bringing a couple of their factory farmed perennial loanees.

Whilst Pulisic is a playmaker for Dortmund he's only scoring about 1 goal in every 10 games I think.

What other Loanees do you think Chelsea will bring back to help fill the void?
No idea who there is, sure some Chelsea fans can suggest names, but there must be some decent prospects among the dozens they send out on loan every season?

I think there will be a severe lack of goals and inspiration in their team the way it looks right now. Who will be managing them is also in some doubt. If it’s Fat Frank he might have to pull his boots on :wink:

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

murf wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 07:52 I think the current appeal against the transfer ban is maybe an even bigger issue than Hazard leaving.
Very odd that they didn't ask for it to be lifted during the appeal. Could have got a lot of players in this summer especially with the Hazard fee and will be more attractive with CL football guaranteed next season.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Depends on who is going to be manager next season, if Sarri would kindly clear off then we might get someone that has a basis on the team rather than rely on one player to win games single handedly. Plenty of highly skilled 18-21 yos signed up to the club that might get a chance to progress given the chance, not been the way we've worked since JT came through and probably won't be with the ex-PA running our team business.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Darbyand wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 21:48
murf wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 07:52 I think the current appeal against the transfer ban is maybe an even bigger issue than Hazard leaving.
Very odd that they didn't ask for it to be lifted during the appeal. Could have got a lot of players in this summer especially with the Hazard fee and will be more attractive with CL football guaranteed next season.
I think they did... I seem to recall some resentment at the fact Barcelona WERE allowed to recruit during their appeal period (think there was another team in a similar boat too) yet they were turned down.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Chelsea’s problem will be converting some of these highly rated kids in to dependable first team players.

Hudson Odoi and Loftus Cheek we’re both starting to look like first team worthy players before their unfortunate injuries. Do they have other similar players ready to step up?

With players so young, it’s never guaranteed and it’s even more difficult if all hopes are pinned on them rather than using them to supplement a coherent team.

Hazard gone, Pedro gone
Willian getting older
Giroud the main man
Has Higuain stayed on?
Bakayoko returning

I’m not sure it’s all doom and gloom, they might otherwise only need 2-3 signings (alas that’s the issue this year).

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

Zimmerman wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 06:41 Chelsea’s problem will be converting some of these highly rated kids in to dependable first team players.

Hudson Odoi and Loftus Cheek we’re both starting to look like first team worthy players before their unfortunate injuries. Do they have other similar players ready to step up?

With players so young, it’s never guaranteed and it’s even more difficult if all hopes are pinned on them rather than using them to supplement a coherent team.

Hazard gone, Pedro gone
Willian getting older
Giroud the main man
Has Higuain stayed on?
Bakayoko returning

I’m not sure it’s all doom and gloom, they might otherwise only need 2-3 signings (alas that’s the issue this year).
From what I have seen Ampadu might be better in his position than Odoi and Cheek are in theirs, but Chelsea have Kante and Jorginho playing similar roles.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Zimmerman wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 06:25
Darbyand wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 21:48
I think they did... I seem to recall some resentment at the fact Barcelona WERE allowed to recruit during their appeal period (think there was another team in a similar boat too) yet they were turned down.
Not according to this unless you're taking about the FIFA appeal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48553950

The transfer window closes on 8 August and the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) said "it is not possible" to say when it will make a decision.

Chelsea have not asked for the ban to be lifted while Cas considers its decision.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Zimmerman wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 06:41 Chelsea’s problem will be converting some of these highly rated kids in to dependable first team players.

Hazard gone, Pedro gone
Willian getting older
Giroud the main man
Has Higuain stayed on?
Bakayoko returning

Didn’t realise Pedro was on his way as well. Giroud is getting on a bit himself, you don’t build a top four team around him. Higuain, again age and mobility a question... Bakayoko isn’t a goalscorer, and such massive flops rarely turn it around at the second attempt.

They could finish third by default again, but I’d be equally unsurprised to see them 9th or 10th.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

No chance of 9th/10th

A lack of goalscorer is a killer... but Giroud would get in to any of the clubs outside top 6 (and Wolves). maybe they’ll recall abrahams? Is he the answer? They wouldn’t ordinarily sign a championship player and make him first choice.

Batshuayi? Hasn’t looked anything like Chelsea quality. Is he worse than Higuain? I don’t think he is.

Neither Tammy or Bats look like real top drawer options though.

Then again, it’s through adversity that sometimes teams are forced in to gambles they might not otherwise have taken.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Zimmerman wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 10:02 No chance of 9th/10th
Bottom half then? :wink:

They finished 10th in the season they downed tools under Mourinho, with a much stronger squad.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Higuain's loan was only till the end of the season (according to Wiki...). Presume they can't extend that, even if they want to, under the rules of the ban.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

This is an interesting way of looking at things, wish they had done it for all 20 clubs:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48473708

Chelsea have “a strong group of players at their peak”, though? Who would Liverpool or City take? Kante, maybe Azpilicueta, that’s about it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Team News (incl. INJURIES)”