To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Predicted lineups at the moment

A forum for Player & Team news and comment - including injuries & suspensions. If you have a query where the answer depends on the FF game you are playing then please post on that game's forum.
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I know it's still a week to go, but is there any reasonable site offering some predicted lineups at the moment?
Last edited by Finisher1 on 03 Aug 2017, 07:38, edited 1 time in total.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Re: Predicted lineups at the moment

Post by Vsz »

We could probably have a punt at them between us? My efforts below.

Chels:

Courtois
Luiz Cahill Rudiger
Azpi Kante Fab Alonso
Morata Bats Willian

Note: Moses suspended

United:

DDG
Valencia Bailey Jones Blind
Pogba Matic Herrera
Mki Lukaku Rash

Kohan79
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Not sure

Post by Kohan79 »

Spurs will most likely be:
Lloris
Alderweireld - Dier - Vertonghen
Trippier - Winks - Dembele - Davies
Eriksen - Alli
Kane

With Rose, Wanyama, Son and Lamela missing out due to injuries.

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

SPURS if current yellow flags correct -

Lloris
Dier Alderweireld Vertonghen
Trippier Winks Dembele Davies
Eriksen Alli
Kane

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

:mrgreen:

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Good job lads :)

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Newcastle:

Elliot
Manquillo Lejeune Clark Dummett
Shelvey Hayden
Ritchie Perez Murphy
Gayle

Really is tough to call, though, as minutes have been spread all over the place pre season and Rafa loves a surprise inclusion. He's building a squad, so starting 11 isn't easy to call for fans. No10 is the hardest to predict, could even go midfield 3 of Shelvey/Hayden/Merino for Spurs GW1.
Manquillo should start with Yedlin out for 2-3 weeks.
Lejeune seen most pre season minutes and stood out as a decent buy.
If you want the most nailed picks for Newcastle; Shelvey, Ritchie, Gayle.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Forster;
Pied (replaced by Cédric in GW2 or 3), Stephens, Yoshida, Bertrand;
Romeu, Davis;
Gabbiadini, Ward-Prowse, Tadic;
Austin.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Interesting, no Redmond or Boufal you think? I suppose if that 4-2-3-1 is the formation, then I can see those players included. Would make JWP an excellent purchase if he's nailed to start.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Has Austin played there in any friendly when Gabbi was on the pitch?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The Toon Man wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 10:13 Newcastle:
I'd agree with all that. The main question marks for me would be which of Diame/Perez start in the hole and which of Murphy/Atsu start wide left. Merino is long term going to get in I think (hope) and it was interesting to see us play 433 when he came on the other day as you say. :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Some Clubs need their own thread imho: particularly Newcastle and Soton. The former as they should be the best of the promoted Clubs and Soton as I think they could struggle.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Finisher1 wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 07:38 I know it's still a week to go, but is there any reasonable site offering some predicted lineups at the moment?
FFFix have it, but I figure not for free
Fix lineups example.jpg
FFS still have Pre-Season in place of Team News
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

FFix could be brilliant if theyd put a bit more time into it. No accounting for Matic at ManU, Suttner at Brighton (etc etc) , and they have Sissoko 100% to start for Spurs whilst Dele Alli is 'only' 99% :roll:

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 11:01 FFix could be brilliant if theyd put a bit more time into it. No accounting for Matic at ManU, Suttner at Brighton (etc etc) , and they have Sissoko 100% to start for Spurs whilst Dele Alli is 'only' 99% :roll:
They are very poor at this aspect imo.

For example with Swansea they have Siggurdson starting who hasn't played a minute pre season so is no way going to start first game even if the move doesn't happen (which I am sure it will).

Regarding Swansea the defence is clear but after that it isn't that clear but my current feeling is we will line up like this:

Fabianski
Naughton Mawson Fernandez Olssen
Britton
Mesa Carroll
Fer
Ayew Abraham

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Sutter Kane wrote:Interesting, no Redmond or Boufal you think? I suppose if that 4-2-3-1 is the formation, then I can see those players included. Would make JWP an excellent purchase if he's nailed to start.
Have to say, it's more of a hope than a gut feeling. Gabbiadini only 'became' a centre forward at Napoli out of necessity. He played as a winger before that.

I'd say last week's Austin/Gabbiadini (10/9) was a failed experiment, but Pellegrino should try Gabbiadini out wide in their final friendly. Would be very harsh on Austin when or if the manager leaves him out imo.

Boufal is a light weight; a poor man's Mahrez. I hope Ward-Prowse gets the nod as the new no 10.

Baxter92
Wideboy

Post by Baxter92 »

I'll have a go at Arsenal (being an arsenal fan)

Cech
Mustafi - Metersacker - Monreal
Ox - Ramsey - Xhaka - Kolasinac
Ozil - Lacazette - Sanchez

Koscielny - suspended for the first few games so he'll obviously miss out - assume he'll replace Mertersacker.
Sanchez - we all know the saga around him so that's a big question-mark.
Ox - this could quite possibly go to Bellerin, but I believe this is his spot to lose.
Mustafi - if his fitness isn't up to scratch could quite easily be Holding.

Canikickit
Treebeard

Post by Canikickit »

Mignolet
TAA/Matip/Lovren/Milner
Henderson
Lallana/Coutinho
Salah/Firmino/Mane

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Stemania wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 10:45
The Toon Man wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 10:13 Newcastle:
I'd agree with all that. The main question marks for me would be which of Diame/Perez start in the hole and which of Murphy/Atsu start wide left. Merino is long term going to get in I think (hope) and it was interesting to see us play 433 when he came on the other day as you say. :)
Atsu caught the eye pre season too, I should've mentioned LW isn't nailed on either. Aarons also featured a fair bit, but I see him as more of an impact sub with his pace being handy late in games.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

Canikickit wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 12:39 Mignolet
TAA/Matip/Lovren/Milner
Henderson
Lallana/Coutinho
Salah/Firmino/Mane
This really interests me, how long is Clyne out for?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

LIVERPOOL

Assume 433. Example below:

Mignolet
Clyne*/Matip/Lovren/Milner
Henderson/Wijnaldum/Coutinho
Salah/Firmino/Mane
(Lallana & Can distinct possibilities)

GK - Is Mig no.1? Probably. Didn't play in either of the Audi Cup games and Klopp has said it is a 3 way battle with Karius and Ward (who probably played in Germany as they were recovered from injury breaks)
RB - *Clyne is injured and won't start on Day 1. Klopp has said it is another 3 way battle to replace him. My bet is that Gomez and Flanagan lose out to Trent Alexander-Arnold who maybe even could stay there. Maybe.
CB - think this is the easiest with Klavan and Gomez in reserve. Van Dijk is heavily linked and would probably take Lovren's place. I believe Sakho is still at the club too.
LB - Hmmm.... Think Milner will start, especially with Clyne out. New boy Robertson will be looking to take over but when? Moreno in reserve.
(2*D)CM - Probably play Henderson and either Wijno or Can as the 2 more defensive players. Keita linked. Grujic in reserve and Milner and youngsters an option. Or could play just 1 and 2 attacking CMs.
(A)CM - This was Lallana's job last year and he could keep it although Coutinho has been getting some 'practice' here and could start here when Lallana is rotated/rested. Option of playing them both which happened once in pre-season. Klopp acknowledging it was a risky experiment.
Attack - last year is was Mane (right), Firmino (centre) & Coutinho (left). Salah has been playing mostly on the right in pre-season with Mane getting some practice on the left when both on the pitch. 3 of these 4 will start, although that is really more 4 of 5 with Coutinho moving back if Lallana is rested (as in guess line up above). Lots of good 'strikers' in reserve for these spots - Strurridge/Origi/Solanke/Ings/Woodburn.

Have I missed anyone????

(EDIT - written before seeing Canikickit's posts - thing (s)he is wrong on how attacking Klopp will go but who knows.....)

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Vsz wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 08:59

United:

DDG
Pogba Matic Herrera
Mki Lukaku Rash
I think Darmian will start at LB with Shaw to come in when fit. The likes of Martial and Lingard will get plenty of time on the flanks and there should be another signing too, but as it stands wouldn't disagree with the line-up quoted. Nailed on picks are Valencia, Matic, ddg, Bailly, Pogba and Lukaku.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Baxter92 wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 12:28 I'll have a go at Arsenal (being an arsenal fan)

Cech

Koscielny - suspended for the first few games so he'll obviously miss out - assume he'll replace Mertersacker.
Ox - this could quite possibly go to Bellerin, but I believe this is his spot to lose.
Holding?

Baxter92
Wideboy

Post by Baxter92 »

Ashers wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 13:31
Baxter92 wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 12:28 I'll have a go at Arsenal (being an arsenal fan)

Cech

Holding?

This is a toss up, but i think with Koscielny suspended, and being the first game of the season he may just choose the experienced player.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Baxter92 wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 13:49

This is a toss up, but i think with Koscielny suspended, and being the first game of the season he may just choose the experienced player.
I wouldn't be shocked to see the back line as Bellerin, Mustafi, Mertesacker, Holding, Monreal.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Darbyand wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 13:12
Vsz wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 08:59

United:

DDG
Pogba Matic Herrera
Mki Lukaku Rash
I think Darmian will start at LB with Shaw to come in when fit. The likes of Martial and Lingard will get plenty of time on the flanks and there should be another signing too, but as it stands wouldn't disagree with the line-up quoted. Nailed on picks are Valencia, Matic, ddg, Bailly, Pogba and Lukaku.
No Lindelof? I'd have thought he'd have started over Jones

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

I'll be brave then.

Ederson
Stones - Kompany - Otamendi
Danilo - Silva - De Bruyne - Walker
Sterling - Aguero - Jesus

Sane - He could play RW over Sterling and be used to cut in.
Danilo - Mendy is injured for GW 1 & 2 minimum
Sterling - B Silva will Rotate on the RW but could be used as a CM at times
Jesus - I think Pep will rotate him with Sane and Aguero and keep Jesus on the pitch as a LW/ST. I personally would play Sane over him on LW but Sane hasn't started a pre season game I don't think.
Gundogan - Will slot into CM at times but not fully fit yet as far as I'm aware

If he opts for a different formation to play 2 up front but sticks with the WB system I would say:

Ederson
Stones - Kompany - Otamendi
Danilo - Silva - Fernandinho - Walker
De Bruyne
Aguero - Jesus

But lets face it eff knows.
Last edited by xJosh- on 03 Aug 2017, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

Baxter92
Wideboy

Post by Baxter92 »

Ashers wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 14:57

I wouldn't be shocked to see the back line as Bellerin, Mustafi, Mertesacker, Holding, Monreal.
No, you are quite correct. The Arsenal backline is difficult to choose, but having followed them for many years i feel like I can predict Wenger's choices (to an extent). I feel as though The Ox will be chosen over Bellerin because he offers more going forward with a back 3/5 and against 'lesser' teams (not top 6) he gives you more opportunity to win, and also partly because of the current contract situation with him where he is demaning game time. I feel as though Kolasinac was specifically bought for the LWB position - given his attacking output last season for Shalke, and i think that Wenger really trusts Monreal in the back 3, especially when we don't have many left sided defenders for that spot. The CB's are then 2 out of Koscielny (Suspended), Mustafi (Fitness - Confed Cup), Mertersacker, Holding, Chambers, Paulista (Injured). Mertersacker i believe is the experienced, trusted head who fits well into a back 3 because he doesn't have to run the channels, then it is simply between Holding and Mustafi. That's my logic anyway. Could be completely wrong :D

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Vsz »

Baxter92 wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 15:29
Ashers wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 14:57

No, you are quite correct. The Arsenal backline is difficult to choose, but having followed them for many years i feel like I can predict Wenger's choices (to an extent). I feel as though The Ox will be chosen over Bellerin because he offers more going forward with a back 3/5 and against 'lesser' teams (not top 6) he gives you more opportunity to win, and also partly because of the current contract situation with him where he is demaning game time. I feel as though Kolasinac was specifically bought for the LWB position - given his attacking output last season for Shalke, and i think that Wenger really trusts Monreal in the back 3, especially when we don't have many left sided defenders for that spot. The CB's are then 2 out of Koscielny (Suspended), Mustafi (Fitness - Confed Cup), Mertersacker, Holding, Chambers, Paulista (Injured). Mertersacker i believe is the experienced, trusted head who fits well into a back 3 because he doesn't have to run the channels, then it is simply between Holding and Mustafi. That's my logic anyway. Could be completely wrong :D
I think back fives with WB's may be Ox, Holding, Mustafi, Monreal, Kolasinac

I presume whatever line up we see this weekend will be replicated in GW1.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

xJosh- wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 15:11
No Lindelof? I'd have thought he'd have started over Jones
Covered this a bit in the Enablers thread.

No Sane in your line-up? I think he'll have a big season for your lot.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Team News (incl. INJURIES)”