To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Reports on Expected Line-Ups for the 20 EPL Clubs

A forum for Player & Team news and comment - including injuries & suspensions. If you have a query where the answer depends on the FF game you are playing then please post on that game's forum.
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: Reports on Expected Line-Ups for the 20 EPL Clubs

Post by Vid »

trampie wrote:
Maldini wrote:So ask BFM to get the details?
Who is BFM ?
BeerFuelledMan!

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

I rarely (never?) get to see posts on the FISO FB page unless I look for it specifically, is there an issue with the way its set up or my settings?

Isn't/ wasn't there a FISO FB group? Seems to have disappeared??

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Vid wrote:I rarely (never?) get to see posts on the FISO FB page unless I look for it specifically, is there an issue with the way its set up or my settings?

Have you gone for the follow option?

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Vid wrote:I rarely (never?) get to see posts on the FISO FB page unless I look for it specifically, is there an issue with the way its set up or my settings?

Hover over the liked button then select first rather than default in news feed

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Thanks for the feedback.

Obviously I've hired the two researchers/writers with the aim to increase fiso's poor FB coverage which should increase fiso's profile and in time encourage more people to join fiso. The reports will at the end of the day just be their opinions and it's impossible to even get close to getting all of the predicted line-ups right (as I know from experience) but at least it should be a useful resource especially for those members not wanting to spend too much time researching teams themselves. They are just 4 reports done at the moment but they are aiming to have all 20 reports posted within the next 7 days and then to keep each report updated up until the start of the season. If it proves useful then I could repeat next season depending on costs/demand.

The two main alternatives to restricting these reports purely to FB LIkes (and Moderators) seem be to:

i) Allow access to the reports for a small payment/donation (e.g. 50p to £1?). Maybe use something like Tibit which is aimed at small online payments (i.e. tips) for articles/donations/blogs etc but does it have a wide enough coverage that you could use your 'Tibs' at other sites or would you like to see further commissioned reports appearing on fiso over the coming years which could also be paid for via Tibit? Not sure what PayPal's charges are for small payments but that's another option for those that have a PayPal account & balance.

ii) Allow access to the reports a day before the start of the EPL. That way there is still an incentive for those on FB to 'Like' FISO rather than accessing the reports, say, 24 hours before the first kick-off.

I think that free access should also be given to members that have supported our offline events (e.g. FISO Race or Golf days where I've met the likes of Striker and murf) but it's probably best not to allocate free access based on post count. Moderators already have free access as they look after the forums for me. Anyone that has been to an official FISO meet-up just PM me with what/when this was and I'll add you to the private forum (murf and Striker I have already added you).

If there was demand then I could repeat the reports for, say, the Champions League and specifically look for someone from Spain, Germany, Portgual etc to write up about the non-British teams. If there was demand then this would probably have to be on a small payment basis so that most or all of the costs of hiring the researchers/writers is covered by the payments.

All further feedback is welcomed.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Another non-facebook user, never have and don't want to. I may have a way around it but don't like this on principle, sorry.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Would gladly pay for such info via PayPal.

A pound is nothing for this incredible FF resource.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

I blocked you from Facebook. just to see how it felt to be in control. I'll unblock you when dot is reinstated with an apology.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

mad dog wrote:

I blocked you from Facebook. just to see how it felt to be in control. I'll unblock you when dot is reinstated with an apology.

Only joking I haven't really :P

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

All those that have 'Liked' FISO on FB and messaged me so far have been added to the private forum.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

admin wrote:All those that have 'Liked' FISO on FB and messaged me so far have been added to the private forum.
I've done both but don't seem to have been added to the forum yet.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
admin wrote:All those that have 'Liked' FISO on FB and messaged me so far have been added to the private forum.
I've done both but don't seem to have been added to the forum yet.
I've also done both. But can't find the forum. Is there any link?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Opening post of this thread.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Thanks, got it ;)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Thanks, got it ;)

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

I've liked FISO on Facebook and happy to help in this way.

That said, even my nan could get the starting line-ups right if she could hedge her bets with as many names in brackets as that Liverpool article :lol:

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

If there is a plan to charge for this information in lieu of facebook 'liking' it needs to be of a more professional standard. The predictions are too personal and hedged far too much and comments like "or Georginio Wijnaldum. I have not included the latter in the team yet as we have yet to see him in preseason for Liverpool". are just not good enough

Shame, such a good initiative too.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Reports on Expected Line-Ups for the 20 EPL Clubs

Post by Maldini »

Aren't all predictions 'personal'?

Imo, it's as good as you're going to get without paying Klopp to give you the info.

Only him and his coaching team have any concrete knowledge of what their actual plans are.

For those of us who haven't really got time to collate all of this info, it's a great one stop tool for picking our starting teams.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Football Writer 1 seems to have a better understanding of teams / tactics than Football Writer 2.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Just checked and I didn't realise I had to friend FISO to send a msg - I can't do that as it isn't my FB account

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

So where are the (predicted) line ups of the other 19 teams then? :?

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

:?
admin wrote:They are just 4 reports done at the moment but they are aiming to have all 20 reports posted within the next 7 days and then to keep each report updated up until the start of the season.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Chelsea report now added written by FW2.

All those who 'like' fiso and have sent a message on FB have also been added.

Once all, or nearly all, reports have been added at the end of the week, I'll decide whether to have the extra option of paying say £1 (works out at 5p per report) via PayPal to gain access rather than having to join Facebook.

Feedback on the reports and writers also welcome and will take stock of this initiative after August to see whether I repeat (and with which writer). Like most things introduced on fiso over the last 16 years I will see how it goes and take it from there.

mesmerised
FISOhead
FS Record: I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10k a day

Post by mesmerised »

Private forum F.F.S.

FaceAche F.F.S

I wouldn't use these silly sites if you paid me, I have no interest in other people's lives, pictures, LIKES, and what their having for their dinner, or Tea to the Northern Monkeys, that's why I use this forum, it's actually of interest, and I wouldn't pay for information that is out there for free, so you can take your facebook and your private forums and............ :D

I feel better now.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

admin wrote:Starting today and continuing over the next 2 weeks, a couple of Football Writers will be reporting on their researched opinions on the expected 1st team line-ups for each of the 20 EPL clubs for their opening matches on 14 to 16 August. In order to access these reports, all you have to do is Like FISO on Facebook and then send a message to FISO via Facebook with your fiso forum username. That username will then (within 24 hours) be allowed access to the private forum in which these reports (and subsequent updates) are posted. (And yes we have 365 forums now on fiso - one for every day of the year!).

We have 4 reports posted at the moment (Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal & Liverpool) and the other 16 will be written and posted over the next 7 days. Updates will also be posted to each report until the start of the season. The aim is obviously to help give our members a better understanding of the likely starting line-ups for all 20 EPL clubs, particularly for those that do not have the time to do their own research (as well as increase FISO's meagre 343 Facebook likes).

Below is a copy of the report on Liverpool. The other reports are only visible after Liking FISO on Facebook and then messaging FISO via Facebook with your fiso forum username which will then (within 24 hours) be added to the access list for the private forum in which these reports (and subsequent updates) are posted.

Report on Liverpool - Expected Line-Up 14 Aug 2016

'Report below written 29 July. Further updates to come in the run-up to Liverpool's opening match away to Arsenal on Sunday 14 Aug at 4pm.

Last Season Stats
Overall a rather disappointing 2015/2016 season for Liverpool FC. Losing in two cup finals (League Cup and UEFA Europa league cup) to top off a roller coaster of a season for Jurgen Klopp’s first season in the Premier League. However, there were some positives after a bad start to the season amid Brendan Rodgers leaving the club, Jurgen Klopp has managed to put a little of his energy and personality into improving performances of some of the underperforming players. Finishing 8th in the league and a total of 21 points behind league winners Leicester city and therefore failing to qualify for any European football this season is a poor season for a club with its history and ambition.

Manager
Jurgen Klopp took the reins of Liverpool FC in October 2015 from Brendan Rodgers. Since then he has tried to instill his ethos on the team around geggenpressing which involves high pressing and quick attacking in the opponent’s half. We have seen glimpses of that style at work in the previous season where the team pressed and hounded teams in packs from the front man throughout the team. Last season a number of formations were tried with the players available to him which included variations on 4-3-2-1, 4-4-2 diamond and playing with Roberto Firmino as a false number 9. But towards the end of last season he seems to have settled on a 4-2-3-1 formation most of the time. In preseason they seem to be using a 4-3-3 formation.

defence
Firstly, the goal keepers.

Loris Karius – Looked like he would be the new number 1 but has now broken his hand and looks to be out injured for 8-10 weeks.

Alex Manninger – The veteran is now 39 years old and must surely be seen as only a backup for Loris Karius and Simon Mingolet.

Simon Mingolet – Was the number 1 keep last season playing between the sticks in 34 games. Before the injury to Loris Karius he looked like he would have some competition this year but now looks to be the number 1 again.

The Defenders include.

Nathaniel Clyne – Has yet to play a game yet in preseason but when fit last year was the first choice right back playing 33 games.

Mamadou Sakho – Last season when he was fit he seemed to be the first choice centre back pairing with Dejan Lovren. However, after a misguided prank in the American training camp he has been sent home to train with the reserves. Might not be first choice when the season starts. It is also reported that he has an Achilles injury as well which would rule him out for the start of the season.

Dejan Lovren – Last season he and Mamadou Sakho when fit were the first choice central defensive partnership. It looks like Lovren will be starting alongside another defender in the centre of Liverpool’s back four.

Joe Gomez – Made an impressive start to his Liverpool career before injury cut his season short. Seemed to be on the come back to the team but again he has picked up another injury in preseason to his Achilles that seems set to keep him out of the team at the beginning of the season.

Ragnar Klavan – The captain of Estonia joined the team this summer from Augsberg. Judging by the friendlies this left sided central defender will battle for a place alongside Dejan Lovren this season.

Alberto Moreno – At the beginning of last season Moreno was replaced a left back by Joe Gomez. After Gomez’s injury Alberto Moreno played virtually the whole of last season at left back a total of 32 games. Since Joe Gomez is injured again it’s likely that trend will continue.

Tiago Ilori – The young player has yet to establish himself in the Liverpool defence. Playing no games last season and spending the first half of the season on loan to Aston Villa. He will not be available for the first two games of the season as he is going to the Olympics with Brazil.

Joel Matip – The Cameroon international from Schalke 04 bought in this summer looks to be the forerunner for the second centre back spot next to Dejan Lovren. He currently has a slight ankle injury but it shouldn’t stop him starting the season according to reports.

Jon Flanagan – After a disappointing season curtailed by injury last year the promising full back looks to be back to full fitness for the new season. Looks to provide competition for both full back spots.

Andre Wisdom – The under 21 international has found it hard to break into the 1st team at Liverpool. Last season the versatile right back come central defender spent last season on loan at Norwich city.

Connor Randall – Product of the Liverpool academy Connor Randall will be looking to gain as much experience as possible at right back.

Midfielders

Georginio Wijnaldum – One of the top performers for Newcastle United last year scoring 11 goals in 38 games in his first year in the premier league. Will be battling for a spot in an attacking midfield role.

James Milner - The versatile midfielder played 28 games last year and was captaining the team in the absence of Jordan Henderson. Lots of experience and provided 11 assists last year, more than any other Liverpool player.

Philippe Coutinho – The attacking midfield player scored 8 goals in 26 games last year which he’ll be looking to improve upon that in the new season. Flexible enough to play in any attacking midfield role.

Jordan Henderson – Club captain that was unfortunately injured after playing 15 games last season but coming back in time for the end of the season. The box to box midfielder will surely be trying to regain his position in central midfield for the beginning of the new season.

Marko Grujic – The midfielder was actually bought in January from Red Star Belgrade and looks an exciting prospect for the future given his performances in recent friendlies. However, during the last friendly game against Chelsea he picked up a head injury that forced him from the game.

Adam Lallana – The England midfielder will look to resume where he left of last season but will face stiff competition for the new arrivals. Adam Lallana played 30 games last season scoring 4 goals.

Lucas Leiva – The veteran Brazil midfielder picked up a hamstring injury in the preseason game at Huddersfield town and doesn’t look like he will be fit for the start of the new season. Last year he made 108 tackles more than any other Liverpool player playing in the deep central midfield anchor role.

Emre Can – The young German international is yet to feature in preseason due to international commitments. But after 30 games in the heart of the Liverpool midfield last year we would expect to see him back again for the new season.

Kevin Stewart – The young midfielder was a product of the Tottenham Hotspurs academy. He spent half of last season on loan to Swindon Town but did get 7 games under his belt for Liverpool after his recall.

Lazar Markovic – The winger has had mixed fortunes since joining Liverpool. He spent last season on loan at Fenerbahce but Jurgen Klopp has brought him back into the fold and we’ve seen him in action in some friendlies. Looks like a battle with the new midfielders for those wide positions.

Sheyi Ojo – The young winger made 8 appearances last season after a loan spell at Wolverhampton Wanderers. Time will tell if he can break into the first team on a regular basis. But being invited on the American tour is a good sign.

Pedro Chirivella – A promising young Spanish holding midfielder in the Xabi Alonso mold. Will be looking to gain more experience this year after playing once last season.

Forwards

Christian Benteke – The big Belgian international is yet to play a part in preseason. Last season he played in 29 games but only started 14 of those. Whilst he scored 9 goals it seems that he is becoming an increasingly peripheral figure at Liverpool.

Roberto Firminio – The Brazilian international has played in a number of positions during his short time at Liverpool already. We shall see this season if he is played in his favored number 10 role or as a false number 9 as he was used in a few games last season. But 10 goals from 31 games isn’t too bad for your first season.

Daniel Sturridge – After the disappointment of the European championships Daniel Sturridge may come back to Liverpool this year with a point to prove. Injuries last season prevented the mercurial front man from adding to his tally of 8 goals in 14 games.

Sadio Mane – The new arrival this summer from Southampton seems to have settled in quickly at Liverpool. Already with a few preseason appearances under his belt. Last season at Southampton his record was 15 goals and 9 assists in 43 games.

Divock Origi – Since Jurgen Klopp has taken charge it seems that Divock Origi has a new lease of life. If it wasn’t for injury he would have been the first choice forward whilst Daniel Sturridge was injured. He has played 16 games but only started 7 of those games last season scoring 5 goals.

Danny Ings – Again another forward to have last season disrupted by injury. But this season he looks to have made a full recovery and has played a part in preseason. Last season he played a total of 6 games starting in 3 and scoring 2 goals.

Mario Balotelli – The flamboyant Italian has come back from his loan spell last season at AC Milan to find that he is surplus to requirements it seems. As the rest of the established team are on the American tour he is with the reserves back in Liverpool.

Expected Line-ups

It’s early days and there are quite a few new arrivals especially in midfield. I would expect a team similar to the below to start the season (Possible alternative player marked in brackets):
4-2-3-1 formation:

Goal Keeper: Simon Mingolet

Defence: Nathaniel Clyne(Connor Randall), Joel Matip(Ragnar Klavan), Dejan Lovren, Alberto Moreno

2 Holding Midfielders: (Kevin Stewart)(Marko Grujic)Emre Can, Jordan Henderson(James Milner)

3 Attacking Midfielders: Sadio Mane, Roberto Firminio, Phillipe Coutinho(Adam Lallana)

Forward: Daniel Sturridge(Divock Origi)

It’s possible they could stick with a 4-3-3 formation playing without a recognised striker and play Roberto Firminio as a false number 9 but when the strikers are fit I think they will play. If they did play that way it would leave room in the midfield for an Adam Lallana or Georginio Wijnaldum. I have not included the latter in the team yet as we have yet to see him in preseason for Liverpool.

Summary

Looking at previous seasons and the players that have been brought in so far, the pick of the players when fit would be the two Brazilians Phillipe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino. Especially the latter as Jurgen Klopp seems to like him in the false number 9 position that we have mentioned before. Also if Daniel Sturridge can have an injury free season he might provide the cutting edge that is required for the team. This may be more likely this season that Liverpool are not in Europe, therefore allowing Daniel Sturridge more recovery time between games. Of the new arrivals Marko Grujic seems to be an interesting player. If he can get into a starting position in the Liverpool midfield he could be a very good cut price option. At the other end of the scale are Sadio Mane and Georgio Wijnaldum again two players that impressed last season and did well for fantasy football managers.'

These are great. Hate Facebook I've not even got an account no more and it's affecting me lol. Can we get these with no account at all?

Edit..sorry just seen the other option. I think a small donation is a great idea for those who don't have Facebook.

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Have signed up as I pollute Facebook with my trash anyway.

Does this mean FISO Newshound has returned?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Latic wrote:Have signed up as I pollute Facebook with my trash anyway.
I wouldn't have put it quite so harshly. :)

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Spinynorman wrote:
Latic wrote:Have signed up as I pollute Facebook with my trash anyway.
I wouldn't have put it quite so harshly. :)
Cheers, but I sense you're easily pleased :lol: :lol:

Aardvark
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Aardvark »

A regular Facebook user could start a new thread for each expected line up report and copy/paste it on here for all us non Facebook users.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Latic wrote:Does this mean FISO Newshound has returned?
No he went to the dog's home some years ago.

All FB messages caught up with.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Team News (incl. INJURIES)”