To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Are Spurs being found out ?

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
Clouseau
Wideboy

Are Spurs being found out ?

Post by Clouseau »

I think Spurs have been a little overrated at times this season. They lost their first two games heavily and now with the two latest defeats, i think they are being found out, they're not as good, as they think they are ! ?

shogun
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Unbeaten

Re: Are Spurs being found out ?

Post by shogun »

Yes.

rossn13
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 12th TFFE 09/10

Post by rossn13 »

shogun wrote:Yes.
No.

em9999
Dumbledore
FS Record: Finished 23rd suns 2010 world cup game. Finished 2302 overall in The Suns Premier League game

Post by em9999 »

Spurs have had a great season ... found out I don't know about that...but they will finish 4th or 5th

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

Would I mind having Bale, VDV, Walker, Lennon, Adebayor at Liverpool?

Nope.

Spurs are still a very good team.

Nuff said

Zoolander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Yahoo Fantasy Golf FISO Champion 2009 & 2012, TFF MOTM winner Jan 2012, Tinkerman weekly winner, OFL Golf 2012 - 8th, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th,

Post by Zoolander »

No.

They've been mugged today. Despite having 3 key players missing (Bale, Parker & VDV) they were the better team for most of the game.

em9999
Dumbledore
FS Record: Finished 23rd suns 2010 world cup game. Finished 2302 overall in The Suns Premier League game

Post by em9999 »

There i s no denying thhat spurs are a good tean but they started to get ideas of greatness...and they will pay for it

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

The only Arsenal player I'd have would be RVP.
Chelsea player Torres
Spurs - VDV, Modric, Bale, Lennon, Adebayer, Walker, Defoe
Man Utd - Jones, Nani, Rooney.

Spurs have the best team in the Prem (bar man City) however Harry is unsettled by the England job etc.
If Spurs qualify for the CL it still goes down as a excellent season

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

They are not being found out, they should have won today. They are a good side.

But 'arry can do no wrong in media land and they are not as good as they have been portrayed.

They have some key injuries for the first time - and it shows

em9999
Dumbledore

Post by em9999 »

Funny how the 3rd best team in the prem has been whipped by the other top four don't you think....

As I say ideas of greatness they ran before they could walk

devilsweep
FISOhead
Location: Up to my neck in it so don't expect loads of posts from me !! Aint got time to type !!
FS Record: 2nd TFF 2015/16, 3rd TFF 2011/12, 2nd TFF Champions League 2011, Centurions winner 2014/15 / 2017/2018 and general Cash League genius

Post by devilsweep »

Injuries today, they need Lennon and Bale on the pitch at the same time and their best front 2 combo is VDV off Adebayor. That said defensively they are and have never been good enough (they should play Dawson) . Parker has been massive for them but they are starting to look a little under pressure.

Those are the excuses that will get rolled out but I don't think the same fluidity is there. They are playing more directly because of the front 2 combo they have gone with. I've been calling the slump for a while....They'll obviously get past Stevenage (with their 2nd string) but it won't be by much. Then it's Everton and I can't see them coming back with 3pts from there.

I wouldn't want to be those hoarding Spuds, cup or no cup. Maybe tinker back to them April.

Don't underestimate the Harry nonsense too

crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Post by crispybits »

lol em - apart from Harry and a couple of others having to say the "right things" about still being in the title hunt about 4 weeks ago you won't find too many quotes from Spurs about being title contenders - and even when they were talking in those terms they were all saying we were outside bets if and only if the Manchester clubs slip up a bit.

We mostly outplayed Man Utd today without 2 of our most influential and efrective players, we just got unlucky with the disallowed goal call and were punished by the top top quality they possess.

Fight for 3rd-4th place - remaining top 7 matchups:

Spurs (53 points)
Chelsea (A)

Arsenal (49 points)
Newcastle (H)
Man City (H)
Chelsea (H)

Chelsea (46 points)
Man City (A)
Spurs (H)
Newcastle (H)
Arsenal (A)
Liverpool (A)

Newcastle (44 points)
Arsenal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Liverpool (H)

Liverpool (39 points)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H)

I make Spurs favourites for 3rd still, Arsenal favourites for 4th, and possibly even Newcastle favourites for 5th if they can stop this mini-slump in form turining into a bigger issue over the next few weeks.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

They just looked tired today to me. For all the talk of how well they played I didn't think they did that much creatively - they huffed and puffed and knocked alot of long balls to Adebayor but looked a bit flat to me. United never got their own game going but weren't that troubled.

Maybe its just not the deepest squad and its catching up on them at the wrong time.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

crispybits wrote:
Chelsea (46 points)
Man City (A)
Spurs (H)
Newcastle (H)
Arsenal (A)
Liverpool (A)
Ouch.

devilsweep
FISOhead
Location: Up to my neck in it so don't expect loads of posts from me !! Aint got time to type !!
FS Record: 2nd TFF 2015/16, 3rd TFF 2011/12, 2nd TFF Champions League 2011, Centurions winner 2014/15 / 2017/2018 and general Cash League genius

Post by devilsweep »

devilsweep wrote:Injuries today, they need Lennon and Bale on the pitch at the same time and their best front 2 combo is VDV off Adebayor. That said defensively they are and have never been good enough (they should play Dawson) . Parker has been massive for them but they are starting to look a little under pressure.

Those are the excuses that will get rolled out but I don't think the same fluidity is there. They are playing more directly because of the front 2 combo they have gone with. I've been calling the slump for a while....They'll obviously get past Stevenage (with their 2nd string) but it won't be by much. Then it's Everton and I can't see them coming back with 3pts from there.

I wouldn't want to be those hoarding Spuds, cup or no cup. Maybe tinker back to them April.

Think you will finish top 4 but I don't see Spurs playing as well as they did pre Xmas...In FF terms everyone has been going giddy gameshow about the 6 or 7 March fixtures and I just didn't/ don't see the gem in it!! just sayin

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Parker and Bale are key players, would be to any team. To lose them for your game against Man U is bad luck.
Vdv has been missed although replacing him with Saha makes no sense to me. Not sure what Defoe has done to deserve that obvious snub.

Zoolander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Yahoo Fantasy Golf FISO Champion 2009 & 2012, TFF MOTM winner Jan 2012, Tinkerman weekly winner, OFL Golf 2012 - 8th, Fantasy Race To Dubai 2012 - 4th,

Post by Zoolander »

devilsweep wrote:
devilsweep wrote:Injuries today, they need Lennon and Bale on the pitch at the same time and their best front 2 combo is VDV off Adebayor. That said defensively they are and have never been good enough (they should play Dawson) . Parker has been massive for them but they are starting to look a little under pressure.

Think you will finish top 4 but I don't see Spurs playing as well as they did pre Xmas...In FF terms everyone has been going giddy gameshow about the 6 or 7 March fixtures and I just didn't/ don't see the gem in it!! just sayin
If it helps you then you can keep saying it. The fact remains that anybody with a few Spurs players should be reasonably confident of a fair few points over the next few months. :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Their fixtures pick up a bit in a while, but people were raving about a 3-0 over Arsenal, or someone.....

em9999
Dumbledore

Post by em9999 »

Don't care who out the top 6 spurs have left to play. You have everton away next and for the life of me I can't see spurs winning...and we have newcastle at home...gap 1 point....

Come on you gooners

Zoolander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Zoolander »

em9999 wrote:Don't care who out the top 6 spurs have left to play. You have everton away next and for the life of me I can't see spurs winning...and we have newcastle at home...gap 1 point....

Come on you gooners
Em, this thread is not about Arsenal and your need to turn every thread you comment on into an us against them argument is getting boring now.

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

Nabby wrote:Parker and Bale are key players, would be to any team. To lose them for your game against Man U is bad luck.
Vdv has been missed although replacing him with Saha makes no sense to me. Not sure what Defoe has done to deserve that obvious snub.
Yes.

Just as losing wilshere for the season and having 6 weeks without any full backs hurts.

Defoe is out of harry's team because he cant hold the ball. He prefers to play adebayor with vdv behind and Saha has the all round game to substitute. Defoe does not.

But Spurs could play that game today 10 times and lose it only 2 or 3 times at worst. They played well.

crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Post by crispybits »

We'll see - by then we have Parker back and probably Bale too which puts us pretty much back to a full strength starting XI against a team who got out-performed for long periods of their match this weekend and could only take a draw from QPR. It's definitely no gimme - Man City and Chelsea have both lost at Goodison recently, but you can also look at the Blackburn or Villa games where Everton again couldn't beat poor quality teams at home.

Also +1 to Zoolander - I know you Arsenal fans are the vocal minority on here (with Liverpool a close 2nd) but there really is no need to bring your baggage about your own clubs into every single thread on this forum....
Last edited by crispybits on 04 Mar 2012, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

em9999
Dumbledore

Post by em9999 »

Zoolander wrote:
em9999 wrote:Don't care who out the top 6 spurs have left to play. You have everton away next and for the life of me I can't see spurs winning...and we have newcastle at home...gap 1 point....

Come on you gooners
Em, this thread is not about Arsenal and your need to turn every thread you comment on into an us against them argument is getting boring now.
What's up knob heads like dot and foooty 66 murder any arsenal thread...darent say anything to him do you...... no lers have a go at em9999....

devilsweep
FISOhead

Post by devilsweep »

Zoolander wrote:
devilsweep wrote:

If it helps you then you can keep saying it. The fact remains that anybody with a few Spurs players should be reasonably confident of a fair few points over the next few months. :lol:

Hi Zoo, What do you think the likely line up will be versus Stevenage. I'll have a go but let me have your thoughts...

Cudicini
?? Kaboul or Walker
Nelsen
Dawson
?? Rose or BAE
Krancjar
Parker or Livermore
Sandro or Livermore
Lennon
Defoe
?? VDV or Saha

Bale I don't see being risked? Rests for Ade, Modric, the FB's and the GK ?
Last edited by devilsweep on 04 Mar 2012, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

Zoolander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Zoolander »

em9999 wrote:
Zoolander wrote:

Come on you gooners
What's up knob heads like dot and foooty 66 murder any arsenal thread...darent say anything to him do you...... no lers have a go at em9999....
I'm not having a go at you. You are the first to bleat when someone says something negative about Arsenal but you can't seem to help yourself from taking digs at Liverpool, Spurs etc

Two wrongs don't make a right :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Groomyd wrote:
Nabby wrote:Parker and Bale are key players, would be to any team. To lose them for your game against Man U is bad luck.
Yes.

Just as losing wilshere for the season and having 6 weeks without any full backs hurts.

Defoe is out of harry's team because he cant hold the ball. He prefers to play adebayor with vdv behind and Saha has the all round game to substitute. Defoe does not.

But Spurs could play that game today 10 times and lose it only 2 or 3 times at worst. They played well.
And Thudd, who has been crocked all season would have been in Parker's place - maybe Spurs are just flat-track bullies?

Zoolander
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Zoolander »

devilsweep wrote:
Zoolander wrote:
devilsweep wrote:

Hi Zoo, What do you think the likely line up will be versus Stevenage. I'll have a go but let me have your thoughts...

Cudicini
Walker
Nelsen
Dawson
Rose
Krancjar
Parker
Livermore
Lennon
Defoe
VDV
Bale I don't see being risked? Rests for Ade, Modric, the FB's and the GK ?

Don't think that'll be far off and should be strong enough to win comfortably. Alternatively, Harry could use the game to try and get some confidence back into the first team and field a full strength eleven.

More likely the former though.
Last edited by Zoolander on 04 Mar 2012, 19:52, edited 2 times in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

One of vdV and Bale will start - it is a chance of a trophy, and I doubt 'Arry is worried about 4th place just yet.

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

I think it will be a strong side which he then rests through subs once the game is won

em9999
Dumbledore

Post by em9999 »

Good luck to spurs this season...and enjoy the europa cup next season

Em9999 has left the building

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”