To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FIFA Euro League

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

FIFA Euro League

Post by blahblah »

SSN reporting MU and Liverpool are in talks with FIFA some Euro Clubs......

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: FIFA Euro League

Post by Stevieste »

blahblah wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 15:51 SSN reporting MU and Liverpool are in talks with FIFA some Euro Clubs......
Was expecting this read this at 23.40pm 😂

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

It will be interesting to see if this causes a difference re signing foreigners given that we will be out of the EU in January. It could be that these English Clubs will find some form of loop hole in English Immigration and Work Permit restrictions.....

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Be better if they actually broke away, rather than just replacing the CL with a new competition.

And with 18 teams, there’s going to be a lot of mid table games. Will they really hold any interest?

Bernd Leno’s Garage
Treebeard
FS Record: Top 50k...

Post by Bernd Leno’s Garage »

bspittles wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 18:00 Be better if they actually broke away, rather than just replacing the CL with a new competition.

And with 18 teams, there’s going to be a lot of mid table games. Will they really hold any interest?
Nope. Who wants to watch PSG v Atletico, or Napoli v Porto? Lyon v Inter anyone?

Over the last few years CL viewing numbers have been decreasing. It’s a tired format that creates too many pointless games, or those where there isn’t much interest in the outcome beyond the supporters of those clubs.

An 18-team European league has boring written all over it. All it will do is keep the YouTube comment section and the Twitterati with plenty to flame each other with.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”