To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Spurs:- Women and Children first!

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Spurs:- Women and Children first!

Post by Stu255 »

What the hec is going on with Spurs?

After the Eriksen contract debacle they have completely imploded.

Have all the playing staff suddenly decided Spurs contract policy is incompatible with their own career ambitions?

I’m a bit concerned that January could see a tornado of transfer requests going in.

Looks like “the spell is broken” with this generation of Spurs players.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Spurs:- Women and Children first!

Post by murf »

Haven't heard the rumours of the title and hope it isn't true in full, maybe just the women bit....
happyhoppy wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 13:31
blahblah wrote:Which rumours?
Various bonking shenanigans involving Eriksen’s Mrs and Vertonghen. Kane then allegedly gave V a black eye. All denied of course.
(No idea if any of this is true but......)

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

murf wrote:Haven't heard the rumours of the title and hope it isn't true in full, maybe just the women bit....
happyhoppy wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 13:31
blahblah wrote:Which rumours?
Various bonking shenanigans involving Eriksen’s Mrs and Vertonghen. Kane then allegedly gave V a black eye. All denied of course.
(No idea if any of this is true but......)
Eriksen accidentally gave Vertonghen a black eye in training then both reacted to the rumours of the affair supporting each other.

They're obviously looking to move away for football reasons. Kane hinted well back that he'd probably leave if Spurs kept failing to win anything. Eriksen wants to go. Alderweireld too. I'm sure there are others.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Seems to me that Leicester and Burnley are both better sides than Spurs and Man Utd at the moment.

Outside of the top 2 it seems to be crisis after crisis up and down the big clubs.

The question is... are there really vastly better players out there? Such that these clubs can solve their problems in the market? I’m not so sure.

Or is this something that’s much deeper than footballing talent? I do wonder if we are reaching the period of peak money for footballers and if we won’t see a bit of an industry recession over half a decade in terms of wages and transfer fees.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Stu255 wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 17:54 Seems to me that Leicester and Burnley are both better sides than Spurs and Man Utd at the moment.

Outside of the top 2 it seems to be crisis after crisis up and down the big clubs.

The question is... are there really vastly better players out there? Such that these clubs can solve their problems in the market? I’m not so sure.

Or is this something that’s much deeper than footballing talent? I do wonder if we are reaching the period of peak money for footballers and if we won’t see a bit of an industry recession over half a decade in terms of wages and transfer fees.
The money will still be around from sponsorship deals and tv revenue. But should Chelsea be successful with the integration of several youth players, I assume that clubs will rather take a bet on two promising youth players rather than on ageing stars. Just look at the new contracts that Chelsea is handing out to their prospects to tie them down long-term.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”