To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Baku and Mkhitaryan

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Baku and Mkhitaryan

Post by raoul »

A number of things about football irk me - Bassini being allowed to step anywhere near a football club, Qatar hosting the World Cup and Fifa not giving a toss about their abuse of migrant workers being two examples, constant unpunished timewasting at the end of matches - but the Europa League final is my topic today.

I have been lucky enough to travel extensively for work. I have never made it to Baku, but I have made it on numerous occasions to Almaty in Kazakstan, and to Tirana in Albania. I found both cities very interesting and hope to go back again. However, I would not be awarding a European football final to either. They fail either on location, lack of football heritage, lack of player/fan safety, or numerous other factors.

I am not an Arsenal fan, but the fact that one of their players is effectively banned from the EL Final due to race is a scandal.

Of course, the problem here is UEFA. They clearly have interest in nothing but money (and any punishment of clubs due to "financial fair play" is outrageous hypocrisy. (I am not a Man C fan either, in case you were wondering)).

Wait until the 4 semi finalists are known and then choose a venue. I know the notice is shorter but if a city wants it that bad they would surely cope. Pick somewhere that is neutral, but close.

And we all know that this will come back again - a final sold to the highest bidder can't be far off, and why hold it in Europe? Singapore anyone? New York?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”