To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Letters from America

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Letters from America

Post by Britinus »

If anyone is old enough to have heard Alistair Cooke on the radio on Sunday mornings you'll understand the topic title which has nothing to do with the real topic other than that I live in the US. :D
Watching Premier League Soccer ( I know but they'll always call it soccer here) and they did a section of the back pages on Sunday. They all seem to be raving about Liverpool's win over Spurs. Not sure what game they were watching but I'd have said it was 50/50 and Liverpool scored two goals from Vorm's gaffs. Plus the fact Spurs had a definite penalty disallowed when Son was blatantly tripped . Having said that my money is on Pool winning the league, closely followed by Man City and Chelsea.
Sour grapes from a Spurs supporter.. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Letters from America

Post by blahblah »

Except that Lpool should have been a few up in the first 20 mins?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

It definitely wasn’t 50/50.
Liverpool could have comfortably scored 5 and should have been out of sight.

Yep should have had a pen, but it could have be 5 or 6-1 by then.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Can't agree that it could have been 5 or 6 but then I guess I was watching soccer and not football :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Britinus wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 18:37 Can't agree that it could have been 5 or 6 but then I guess I was watching soccer and not football :lol:
And Alastair Cook is a cricketer, anyway :wink:

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Yep, as a Spurs fan it was very disappointing, totally outclassed, credit to Liverpool for chasing down everything. If they had been clinical it would have been a drubbing.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

forestfan wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 19:39
Britinus wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 18:37 Can't agree that it could have been 5 or 6 but then I guess I was watching soccer and not football :lol:
Letter from America was a weekly 15-minute radio series broadcast on BBC Radio 4 and its predecessor, the Home Service and to the world through the BBC World Service. Throughout its history, it was presented by Alistair Cooke, who would speak of a topical issue in the USA.
Cooke with an e....but nice one Forestfan, no doubt you listened to the home service too... :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Britinus wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 22:46
forestfan wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 19:39
Letter from America was a weekly 15-minute radio series broadcast on BBC Radio 4 and its predecessor, the Home Service and to the world through the BBC World Service. Throughout its history, it was presented by Alistair Cooke, who would speak of a topical issue in the USA.
Cooke with an e....but nice one Forestfan, no doubt you listened to the home service too... :lol:
Yeah, I'm aware of the radio presenter... don't think I ever heard the show, but I believe he went on into his 90s. So clearly had a certain durability in common with his cricketing near-namesake!

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

I was watching a conservative talk show/ Trump propaganda piece and I was trying to recall who the host. Mark Levin, reminded me of. Not in political leanings but in delivery style. Got it - Alistair Cooke.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

7lb claimer wrote:reminded me of...... in delivery style. Got it - Alistair Cook
Thought he was a batsman, not a bowler.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”