To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Jose Moremoaneyo

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
bs3ac
Treebeard

Jose Moremoaneyo

Post by bs3ac »

pulpfiction wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 21:25 This has a vague resemblance to the Jose disaster at Chelsea ..... trainwreck ???
Jose always seems to attract more praise than he deserves. I've always thought he is a sub-par manager. Cocky, constantly complains to the 4th official, severs relations with his players. The guy has ridden success by taking over strong teams that needed minor tweaks to win trophies.

Looking at his managerial stats:
  • Porto win rate: 71.7%
    Chelsea win rate: 67.0%
    Internazionale win rate: 62.0%
    Real Madrid win rate: 71.9%
    Chelsea win rate: 58.8%
    Manchester United win rate: 61.0%
  • Porto - often tops the league and only real threat is Benfica.
    Chelsea - heavily funded at the time and able to spend £70m on his arrival which was a lot of money in 2004 and included the signing of Drogba.
    Inter - reported to have been disappointing after taking over Roberto Mancini's success in the CL. Juventus were under performing and had managerial changes during the 2008 season.
    Real Madrid - two horse race. If it's not Barca, it's Real. Squad already descent and world class players present. Any half competent manager could have secured success with the squad at the time
    Chelsea MK2 - Two seasons. First one (2013) United finished 7th. Spurs 6th. Lack of threat and competition contributed to Chelsea securing 3rd. 2014 season Chelsea finish 10th. Jose left soon after.
    United - Bought in key players at heavy cost. Severd relations with many players. Under performing and dreadful start this season
Jose imo is overrated. He has often been at the right place at the right time, lead a team that was already strong/ had a good chance of success or lead a team with minimal threat and competition at the time. There are far better managers out there than him that have gained success by taking over mediocre teams and turning things around without bucket loads of cash. His style of football is also often very boring, UTD for example happy secure one goal and defend the remainder.

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Re: Game week 3 in play #arsenal's season starts here

Post by lfc71 »

Agree with all of the above
I would also put guardiola same as the above (in respect of always joining the best in the lge..ie,Barca,Bayern,city)..so's always comes across as a fantastic manager,.but putting that to one side,after that his personality is better than Maureens in everyway.

CurlyWurly
Treebeard

Post by CurlyWurly »

The one that stands out is the CL win with Inter. I don’t think anyone saw that coming so that was a really good accomplishment and 2nd last season was good too but City and Liverpool are a league above and UTD have had huge money to spend so there’s just no where to hide now

I had to chuckle when he kept saying respect. Ever since he threw his Porto CL winning medal away he’s shown time and again he has little respect for other teams, managers, players, let alone female physio’s.

I don’t know, was Mourinhos ‘three fingered’ press conference his Keegan ‘I would love it’ or Benetez’s ‘Fact’ moment?

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

He won the Champions League with Porto ffs! The bloke clearly had it. Whether he still does is the arguable point, imho.

McKenzie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by McKenzie »

Porto had it pretty easy that year, think the only top team they beat was Man United once over 2 legs. The rest of the teams were average, Lyon's, Monaco's and Deportivo's.

Inter was more impressive, they beat Bayern in the final, Barca and Chelsea before hand.

He's just lost his way, he is in effect a cheque book manager, last season he bought two centre backs, this season he wanted to splash out on another one and Woodwood has simply put his foot down and said no, you bought Bailly and Lindloft, get on with it.

His biggest problem is that his style of management is too old skool for the modern player, in 2018 you can't rule with an iron fist like you could in Brian Clough's days, top players have the power and you have to pander to them, massage their ego's etc, but because he can't do that he ends up falling out with them, they effectively saw him off in Madrid, Chelsea and soon to be United, Pogba was a beast at Juve, looks a shadow of his former self at United under Jose, no problems when he's away with France though.

That's why they call it his third season syndrome, they eventually get tired of him.

Buying Lukaku was also a mistake, he's not good enough for United.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”