To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ronaldo to Juventus

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Ronaldo to Juventus

Post by forestfan »

Well, £100m for a 33-year-old is certainly good business for Real, even if this is no ordinary 33-year-old footballer. About four times the previous record for a player over 30 I think!

Credit to him for taking on another new challenge while he’s still at the top level, if only Messi would do the same (maybe he could sign for a Serie A rival if any could afford him?)

Anyway, the knock on effect on the summer transfer window will be massive. While they may want to strengthen or freshen up in other areas, and Bale might fancy the chance to step up if he can stay fit, Real will definitely want to land at least one attacking Galactico, maybe two. Neymar? Mbappe? Griezmann? Hazard? Kane? Salah? They will be the sort of names at the top of their shopping list, and we could see the world record go again.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Ronaldo to Juventus

Post by blahblah »

I'd like to see the maths on this for Juve, ie what he is on and their assumed Shirts etc revenue....

A good deal for RM, unfortunately, unless they sign Neymar :lol: :lol: :lol:

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Isn't the whole shirt sales thing a myth? Doesn't anywhere near pay for the fee or wages. This seems purely to try to win things.

As for his replacement, can't help but think they will come from that France v Belgium game in the form of Hazard or Mbappe..

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Thought I heard £88m earlier (so maybe €100m)?
Is that roughly what they bought him for?

What a signing and what a servent he’s been for them.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Adidas would pay a flat rate per year, it maybe well trigger a higher payment but Juve don't take a percentage of each shirt sold. Juve may well be able to go out now and sign more and bigger image rights deals.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Zimmerman wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 21:37 Thought I heard £88m earlier (so maybe €100m)?

BBC reported £99.2m €112m

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

blahblah wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 21:58
Zimmerman wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 21:37 Thought I heard £88m earlier (so maybe €100m)?

BBC reported £99.2m €112m
Yeah I heard 88m too.

Wonder what the shirt sales will amount too ?

Quite a coup for Serie A. I can remember when it was the number one league in Europe. Perhaps it might be on the way back ?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Bought from United for £80m
9 years service
311 goals in 292 appearances... that’s not right is it :shock:

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Definitely great for Serie A, even if it means Juve winning it again. Napoli with Ancelotti should be interesting, Milan & Inter need to get back on track now with Roma doing well last season and Lazio about there too.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

bluenosey wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 22:03Quite a coup for Serie A. I can remember when it was the number one league in Europe. Perhaps it might be on the way back ?
thank you for remembering :)
many people seem to have forgotten that (or maybe they weren't even born yet)

It was 30 years ago, and for a brief spell, but the best players in the world wanted to come here (Platini, Maradona, Zico, the true Ronaldo).
(actually, judging by UEFA coefficients, the spell was not so brief, but that ranking doesn't show the whole story https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coef ... _by_period )

we're in a deep deep deep trough right now, clubs are weak and quality is poor, I wonder how Juve will change to accommodate CR7 technically and economically, and his arrival is only reinforcing the one club who's already domestically dominating for 7 years, it would only be a success if Juve win CL.
Not sure it will help the league to grow again as a whole. Maybe it could attract other top players to Juve, dunno for instance a Lewandoski coming say to Napoli "to play against CR7" if Napoli can't offer him the money and the stage he might find at Real or PSG.

Our main problems are the lack of club-owned stadiums (except Juve and Udinese),
and low TV rights for a not so much appealing league (a contract was recently closed for ~ €1M, had CR7 arrived earlier it could have been much higher)
And and obsolete grassroots system and ladder.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Who can forget the dominant AC Milan team with its Dutch triumvirate.

I remember them signing Lentini for £15m which at the time (I think) was ridiculous money... and from memory it was purely to stop their rivals signing him?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Seconded and they were on CH4 (tv over here).

Wasn't Lentini in a car crash or something and out for ages?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Fiat workers have gone on strike as their owners, who also own Juve, should have invested in them rather than buying the smarmy portugeser.🤣

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

murf wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 15:10 Fiat workers have gone on strike as their owners, who also own Juve, should have invested in them rather than buying the smarmy portugeser.🤣
He will turn up at the factory on management order to hand out signed shirts and pose for a few selfies, and all will be forgiven I’m sure...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”