To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Future of football

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Future of football

Post by Zimmerman »

Seems like the new chief exec has had a change of heart.

Imagine being in a position to turn down £1-2.5m pa

Maybe she’s worried about the ability to even match Scudamores previous deals? I’d personally say balls to it. Blight my cv as much as you want I’ll take my money 😂

Maybe that’s why I’m a plodder and not some high flying exec!!!

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Following a feasibility study FIFA are looking at the possibility of expanding the Qatar World Cup in 2022 to 48 teams - a decision will be made in June.

More teams inevitably means lower quality with some very average teams looking to just limit the damage.

Attack vs defence or one sided borefests guaranteed.

Instead of having the boring qualifiers, which everyone hates, before the tournament starts and getting rid of the absolute dross, we're now inviting them all to the finals.

We could get Gibraltar, or even worse, Scotland qualifying.

:D

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Among other plans put forward was expanding the Club World Cup to a 24-team tournament held once every 4 years in the summer with 8 European clubs qualifying.

It's already met with a lukewarm response with major clubs anxious not to have their players in yet another competitive summer competition (summer tours and friendlies aren't anything like the same).

As it is international tournaments take care of two in every four summers, and for some there's the new Nations League finals, so another competition looks just what's needed :D

Possibly a chance to send the under23's or younger players and give it the status and prestige it deserves.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Following the Liverpool game in midweek Bayern Munich have been charged by UEFA (aside from another charge for one player wearing his domestic kit for a CL game - the horror!) for allowing a banner to displayed which said ""Modern football kills emotion. F*** VAR. F*** UEFA."

So not everyone wants accurate offside calls and penalty decisions!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”