To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Amazon 2019

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Amazon 2019

Post by Zimmerman »

Do they negotiate or submit blind bids?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Zimmerman wrote:Do they negotiate or submit blind bids?
In effect YES sealed envelopes so blind bidding.

The company has to carefully consider the price paid per package in order to not have to hike prices beyond current demand.

There were five packages of games available, the more attractive packages will attract the highest price per game and BT can't aggressively bid for these as it's beyond their price range so they usually are more concerned with the lesser ones.

There is a restriction in that no single broadcaster can purchase more than 148 games of the 200 sold.

How the latest Premier League deal breaks down

200 games per season for three years in seven packages

Sky Sports has won four packages to screen 128 matches per season
It will pay a total of £3.5bn or £9.3m per game (1.7m less/game)

BT Sport has one package to screen 32 matches per season
It will pay a total £885m or £9.2m per game (1.6m more per game)

How does that compare with 2015?

Sky Sports paid £4.1bn to show 126 matches per season or £11m per game

BT Sport paid £960m to screen 42 games per season, or £7.6m a match

In addition two unsold less atttactive extra packages of 20 games each were up for auction and these are the ones that have now been sold to BT and Amazon

(it was heavily rumoured that Sky weren't at all interested in these and consequently perhaps they became a difficult sell)
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 08 Jun 2018, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

We stopped subscribing when prime started to include streaming and they put the price up. The free delivery option does us as we don't buy as much from them now as they seem to manipulate prices to hope you impulse buy stuff that's well overpriced. Most of their good offers are them lowering their prices to match a competitor anyway.

Not bothered about the footie, only so much you can watch anyway.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Not sure how anyone can complain about paying £6.50 per month for free next day delivery, music streaming, Kindle books/magazines and Prime TV.

As already said, the footy is just another bonus.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Amazon are getting their fingers in too many pies if you ask me. I just wonder where it will stop ? We could soon end up in a position where a couple of large multi national companies practically control everything and when they do, they'll be no more bargains to be had.

Just like The Simpsons foresaw the rise of Trump, will Amazon turn into N Large ?

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Authors get so little from Kindle Unlimited. A bit like music artists get next to nothing from Spotify and all the other streaming services.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Maldini wrote:Not sure how anyone can complain about paying £6.50 per month for free next day delivery, music streaming, Kindle books/magazines and Prime TV.

As already said, the footy is just another bonus.
I don't pay it because it is a bizarre, unconnected set of 'goods' and I don't want most of them.

I shop a fair amount at Amazon so next day delivery is good but not exactly essential or worth the total cost (on my budget) and I don't really want anything else. I tried the music streaming on a Prime free trial and was rather p!$$ed off that it didn't include much without paying even more. Prefer Sky and real books so nothing for me there.

The footie is, for me, 2 Liverpool games so hardly crucial. May go for another free trial if that works out.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”