To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2018 Summer Transfer Window

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Transfer Window creeping shut

Post by murf »

Ironfist wrote:
Stemania wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 10:02 Rondon has passed his medical and will sign for Newcastle today, adding to Muto (6m) from last week we've finally upgraded Joselu/Gayle (hopefully).
Sick tired of getting scraps!
I'd rather we sign an unknown from Liga Aguila in Bolivia or the Qatar's Stars League and not always French unwanted surplus or relegated teams under achievers...
:x
Rondon was high on the Newcastle shopping list apparently. Has been rumours of Danny Ings but he was said to be behind Rondon as Rafa's choice.

Due to the misaligned transfer windows, all the European clubs will still come sniffing for players (Hazard etc) but clubs won't be able to replace them - cue stupid price tags and unhappy/unsettled players (in your FF team).

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

murf wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 15:17
Ironfist wrote:
Stemania wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 10:02 Rondon has passed his medical and will sign for Newcastle today, adding to Muto (6m) from last week we've finally upgraded Joselu/Gayle (hopefully).
Sick tired of getting scraps!
I'd rather we sign an unknown from Liga Aguila in Bolivia or the Qatar's Stars League and not always French unwanted surplus or relegated teams under achievers...
:x
Rondon was high on the Newcastle shopping list apparently. Has been rumours of Danny Ings but he was said to be behind Rondon as Rafa's choice.
Isn't he some sort of a watered down version of Deeney?

Due to the misaligned transfer windows, all the European clubs will still come sniffing for players (Hazard etc) but clubs won't be able to replace them - cue stupid price tags and unhappy/unsettled players (in your FF team).

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ljdrox
Treebeard

Post by Ljdrox »

Im Still worried for Newcastle.
Haven't broken their Transfer Record since 2005.
That was 16M on Owen.

Ljdrox

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

things are starting to happen :)

Traore to Wolves
Courtios has gone walkabout at Chelsea! (trying to force Madrid move?)
Sky reporting United are preparing huge bid for Maguire
Chambers to Fulham

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

R5 reporting that Everton have signed Bernard.

I assume it is this bod: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_(footballer)

Bolasie still hasn't gone anywhere?

Beacon
Wideboy

Post by Beacon »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-13041591

United apparently making a £40m take it or leave it bid for Toby. If true will be interesting to see what they do. Always seems strange to me when teams are prepared to help strengthen their rivals.

Beacon
Wideboy

Post by Beacon »

blahblah wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 19:31 Courtois: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45091008
If this happens and Chelsea bring in Butland it seems quite a drop off. He had a complete howler on Saturday which doesn’t seem unusual.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Beacon wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 19:43
blahblah wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 19:31 Courtois: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45091008
If this happens and Chelsea bring in Butland it seems quite a drop off. He had a complete howler on Saturday which doesn’t seem unusual.
Yep, Butland was increasingly error prone last season?

Beacon
Wideboy

Post by Beacon »

blahblah wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 19:46
Beacon wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 19:43
Yep, Butland was increasingly error prone last season?
I seem to remember him scoring an own goal in the last game or certainly near to last. That was a bad error too so two in two(ish) doesn’t bode well.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Think Spurs have made a mistake with Toby, by all accounts he doesn't want to stay and will leave anyway, possibly for nothing or maybe 25m which is what his fee drops to in just 6 months.

I could understand the decision if they were awash with cash but that doesn't appear to be the case, they've should have sold Toby 4 weeks ago, took the 40m or whatever it is, and let Poch buy somebody.

The problem is that if they sell him now there is no time for a replacement to be bought, so they could be stuck with an unhappy player who is going to leave for potentially nothing, and they will receive no money either. Think Levy has been a bit too stubborn for his own good.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Gambit wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 19:57 Think Levy has been a bit too stubborn for his own good.
Not before time?

Beacon
Wideboy

Post by Beacon »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... a-13041973

Bernard (great name) to Everton. Another interesting one.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

As above 8-) :wink:

Arse Peres(z) to WHam, apparently - R5.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Beacon wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 20:12 https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... a-13041973

Bernard (great name) to Everton. Another interesting one.
Is he the one that turned out to be a robot on Westworld?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Judging by how slow FPL towers have been updating the squads some purchases this week may not join the game until after GW1

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I actually think United will get Toby at the last minute, as a record fee for the riskier and a lot younger Maguire doesn't seem to fit the 26 plus age group Jose normally targets, Alderweireld is proven over a long time and just makes more sense to me.

They apparently turned down a Barca proposed swap of Mina plus another plus 50m for Pogba according to various reports

On Mina they did try again even if not with with total conviction after a sale was agreed with Everton

This is from a Spanish paper (using google translate so a lot of rubbish but you get the gist of it.

This is a rough translation from Spanish of the Yerry Mina situation, Utd improved their offer after the deal was agreed with Everton but still half hearted.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/ ... ca-6978523

The departure of Yerry Mina has already become a mess 72 hours to close the English market. The footballer and his agents had reached a total agreement with Everton and the documents were already being written, but Manchester United has improved the economic offer to Barca, not the center, and we will have to see how this whole film ends. The Everton offers 32 million fixed without variables to the club blaugrana and United would have put on the table some million more.

Mina's idea was to close his transfer between today, or at the most, tomorrow. His agreement with Everton, which gives him a very high chip and gallons in his defence, was total, but Barça is forcing the machine to enter as much money as possible. For the moment, United has not wanted to talk about placing Yerry Mina as Pogba's currency because they are not interested in negotiating the sale of the French

The environment of Yerry Mina is waiting for events, although they are clear that they will force to go where it suits them and their contract with Everton is absolutely outlined . They can not take long to make a decision

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Bl00dy agents!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Crazy stuff on Auntie's Gossip page....

Can't link from phone, but Chelsea to match Oblak's Release Clause would be good.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

murf wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 20:17 Is he the one that turned out to be a robot on Westworld?

Spoiler alert.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 01:55
murf wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 20:17 Is he the one that turned out to be a robot on Westworld?

Spoiler alert.
Yea murf, know when to shut your pie hole. Geez.. nothing funny about it either. :roll:

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Re: 2018 Summer Transfer Window

Post by math! »

Chelsea should keep Courtois and make him sulk in the reserves. Not sensible financially but players pulling this nonsense shouldn't be facilitated by giving them what they want. Man Utd held onto De Gea in the past and he's still there today.

We sold Cech to keep this guy happy and stuck by him after his howlers against Barca.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

With Courtois failing to report for training for a second successive day amidst huge interest from Real Madrid, he's apparently determined to force through a transfer to Madrid.

Chelsea still want their first choice Butland but according to sky are now targeting Athletic Bilbao's keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga who would cost around 70m.

(Atletico Madrid have an 89m release fee on Oblak)

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

liquidfootball2 wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 18:13 With Courtois failing to report for training for a second successive day amidst huge interest from Real Madrid, he's apparently determined to force through a transfer to Madrid.

Chelsea still want their first choice Butland but according to sky are now targeting Athletic Bilbao's keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga who would cost around 70m.

(Atletico Madrid have an 89m release fee on Oblak)
I'd prefer Oblak but I'm not sure why he'd move tbh. Kepa is a very good keeper and young as well, be very happy with that.

Added bonus it looks like we might be shipping Bakayoko as well, probably as a result of Kovacic being offered.

Courtois can f*** off

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Kepa is 23 and second choice in the NT to De Gea. Real Madrid tried to buy him but ZZ didn't want to mess up the team by changing keepers mid-season. So now they get Goofy and we get Kovacic (who was meant to succeed Modric), plus Kepa.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

math! wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 22:52 Kepa is 23 and second choice in the NT to De Gea. Real Madrid tried to buy him but ZZ didn't want to mess up the team by changing keepers mid-season. So now they get Goofy and we get Kovacic (who was meant to succeed Modric), plus Kepa.
Martial for Willian would be handy too :wink:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Kepa looks done, all the nationals reporting it as done.

Chelsea agree world record £71m fee to sign Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... FNX0l478F1

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

So Kepa looks over the line, reports Kovacic is flying in for a medical and the rumour mill is talking about Fekir (could he be the Hamsik at Chelsea?).

We can delay for seemingly no reason a lot of the time but Marina really can get things done when needed.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

David Ornstein

BBC Sport

Fulham are set to complete the signing of Bristol City left-back Joe Bryan for £6m.

The 24-year-old was close to joining Aston Villa, but is now undergoing a medical with the Cottagers.

FF wise: this frees R Sess to play LW

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”