To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Scott Sinclair for England

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Scott Sinclair for England

Post by morganb »

His stats this season beat any other English striker in the Prem (Defoe on 6 goals) - on paper he is better than Aguero (8) and is matched only by Diego Costa:

Scott Sinclair - Celtic

844 mins played
9 Goals scored
94 mins per goal
2 Assists

He has been involved with the Under-21s before and for Team GB at the 2012 Olympics.

As we are playing Scotland (where he is now based) his knowledge of their players may have been useful.

I realise that before he moved to Celtic that his stats were mediocre but Vardy is included based on a single season's performance.

I've not seen anyone campaigning for his inclusion so I was wondering what FISO thought.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Scott Sinclair for England

Post by Zimmerman »

Not sure too much credit can be/is afforded to SPL performances.

That said, can he be any worse than bench warming one trick pony Townsend?

Or the likes of Wilshere getting a recall?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Zimmerman wrote: That said, can he be any worse than bench warming one trick pony Townsend?
Didn't he get to actually go on the pitch too? :shock: (

I would say play, but I consider that subjective :wink:

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Interview with the BBC + a showcase of his goals this season:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39342677

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

Scott Sinclair named SPFA player of the year - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39839913

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

He's the next Gary Hooper....

Celtic's transfer policy over the last few years has been quite effective. The lure of the Champions League and a Premier League shop window is attracting young and up and coming players along with promising players like Sinclair who Man City chewed up. Celtic can afford to take half a dozen punts in order to hit the jackpot with one per season to keep the cash ticking over.
Sinclair could easily fetch 10million this summer. Dembele could go for a whole lot more. Say they get 40 million in total, they can bank half and get another 6 players with the rest.

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

Scott Sinclair keeps on scoring

Scott Sinclair keeps being overlooked for England selection (Surely he deserves to be selected over Sturridge or Defoe)

Latest squad

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (West Ham, on loan from Manchester City), Fraser Forster (Southampton), Jack Butland (Stoke) Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Aaron Cresswell (West Ham), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Harry Maguire (Leicester), John Stones (Manchester City), Michael Keane (Everton), Chris Smailling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham)

Midfielders: Eric Dier (Tottenham), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Jake Livermore (West Brom), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Dele Alli (Tottenham)

Forwards: Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Bournemouth), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

The fact he can play consecutive full games should put him ahead of Sturridge, I agree.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

SPL goals are surely worth even less than Championship goals in terms of England selection. If you want to be considered for England you have to be playing in the Premier League (or other big five European league).

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

forestfan wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 17:34 SPL goals are surely worth even less than Championship goals in terms of England selection. If you want to be considered for England you have to be playing in the Premier League (or other big five European league).
What about Champions League goals (he scored Celtic's 3rd last night)...

I don't necessarily expect him to start but surely he deserves a place in the squad/on the bench? We're not exactly weighed down by striking options and with Vardy's internationalitis playing up now would be the perfect opportunity to give him a try.

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

England squad decimated by internationalitis, Scott Sinclair still not called up...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

morganb wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 00:17 England squad decimated by internationalitis, Scott Sinclair still not called up...
For the same reason as the top English scorer in League One (whoever that is) hasn’t been called up.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 09:07
morganb wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 00:17 England squad decimated by internationalitis, Scott Sinclair still not called up...
For the same reason as the top English scorer in League One (whoever that is) hasn’t been called up.

Yep

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”