To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

PokerPlayer Fantasy WSOP League 2007

A Forum for Fans of Other Fantasy Sports Games.
Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

Another Holdem Title was it?

Personally I think he is great and love his style.

djnuttie
Dumbledore

Post by djnuttie »

To be honest I didn't look at the details I just assumed it was another No Limit Holdem title! I've just been and checked the result and it was :D

Whatever anyone says about him, he is a great character, and every 'sport' needs characters.

I've just been reading his Blog (link below), it hasn't been updated for the win yet, but it does give a fascinating insight into the way he leads his life.

Going for a workout at 3.00am, betting $20,000 on a putting green, playing chinese poker for $50,000...... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Link to Phils Blog - http://www.philhellmuth.com/phil-hellmu ... ml?id=1914

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

djnuttie wrote:I can't find mine either :? , maybe they just haven't updated the league table?

I see Phil Hellmuth has won his 11th WSOP bracelet! Whatever you think about him as a person (whole new thread needed :D ), you can't argue with his Holdem No Limit performances. 11 bracelets all in no limit holdem, the Brat!

I wonder if 'Brat' gets through the profanity filter?
10th bracelet no :?:
LAS VEGAS -- Phil Hellmuth Jr. returned to an elite club early Wednesday, besting 1,690 players and tying poker legends Doyle Brunson and Johnny Chan by winning his 10th World Series of Poker bracelet.

"I'm on cloud nine," Hellmuth said after celebrating with Dom Perignon champagne at about 4 a.m. "To not win a bracelet would have been pretty tough. I still am stunned."

At the end of the $1,000 buy-in no-limit event, Hellmuth called an all-in bet by Finnish poker star Juha Helppi and revealed an ace and jack to Helppi's ace and nine.

A board of queen, eight, two, king and six helped neither player, and Hellmuth won with high cards.

Hellmuth spoke with Chan later and renewed a friendly rivalry, a relationship he said was on par with golf greats Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson.

"I said, 'Johnny, I hope you win number 11. Let's just race to 20.'"

"I'm sure he was 75 percent happy, 25 percent 'I'd like to have 10 with just Doyle,'" Hellmuth said. "Chan is a competitor."

Hellmuth's 10th bracelet brought him even with Brunson and Chan, who both won their 10th World Series events last year. In earlier events at the world's largest poker marathon, which began June 25, Hellmuth finished second, sixth and 13th.

Brunson, 72, said he'd congratulate Hellmuth when he saw him.

"I was pulling for him," said Brunson, widely regarded as the patriarch of modern day poker. "It creates more competition. And next year, it's going to be a shootout between him, me and Johnny."

Hellmuth did not appear to be willing to wait that long.

He said the win for $631,863 gave him confidence he could win the $10,000 buy-in main event, which begins Friday with an expected 8,000 players aiming for what many hope is a $10 million final prize.

"I'm not saying I will win the World Series, but I'm just saying that I know that I can. I feel like I can win it no matter how many players there are."

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

He won his 10th just a day or two after Chan did it I think.

This is definately number 11.

Year Tournament Prize (US$)
1989 $10,000 No Limit Hold'em World Championship $755,000
1992 $5,000 Limit Hold'em $188,000
1993 $1,500 Limit Hold'em $138,000
1993 $2,500 No Limit Hold'em $161,400
1993 $5,000 No Limit Hold'em $173,000
1997 $3,000 Pot Limit Hold'em $204,000
2001 $2,000 No Limit Hold'em $316,000
2003 $2,500 Limit Hold'em $171,400
2003 $3,000 No Limit Hold'em $410,860
2006 $1,000 No Limit Hold'em with rebuys $631,863
2007 $1,500 No Limit Hold'em $637,254

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by anon6 »

scrub my post ....it's from last year :oops:

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

I think this sums him up neatly (from his wiki page) he is deliberatly arsey on the table, but off it he is just a good lad who happens to possess (like it or not) extraordinary talent over and above even the best of his peer group.
While many professional players, amateurs, and fans alike consider his antics distasteful and abrasive at times, they respect his talent for the game and his personality when he is away from the table. It can be contended that Hellmuth engages in some bad etiquette purposely, since a large part of selling his image is as a "poker brat."

There are several instances where he does do helpful things for poker and its participants (fans and players alike). For example, during the WSOP 2005 main event final table, Card Player Magazine decided to have top pros like Hellmuth, Daniel Negreanu, Jennifer Harman, and Erick Lindgren comment on the action live on streaming audio hand by hand until a champion was declared. The event lasted a substantial time, starting at around mid evening and lasting until early morning the next day. Despite all the other scheduled commentators leaving to go out to play poker or sleep, Hellmuth stayed behind the mic for the duration of the tournament in order to comment for the listeners. During the broadcast, Hellmuth turned 41 years old.
How many top pros in poker or any other sport would do what is mentioned in that last paragraph.

Much much respect to the great man.

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by anon6 »

lol....i was reading his wiki at the same time..

my take on the last bit....he didn't have any friends to celebrate his b'day with ;-)

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Missed this at first

Ram Vaswani claims a bracelet! About time too. 8-)

And with the business end of the main event in full swing there are a few big names still going very well. Gus Hansen was leading at the end of day 3 and is still going well.

112 about to start day 5

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/tourn ... roupid=309

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Scotty Nguyen came within a gnats whisker of making the final table. Great effort.

No huge names left.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Other Fantasy Competitions”