To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sportdaq

A Forum for Fans of Other Fantasy Sports Games.
Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

uncsimes wrote:Welcome back Bloggie.

No icons, but the usual high percentages :lol:

How much did you finish on in capping week Karrde?
I didnt, I backtracked.

at the start of last week I had Taylor pencilled in for a win bonus. Then I noticed he was on the top movers list on Monday or Tuesday so I bought him in with the intention of leaving him for Win Bonus, Divi and Price rising.

Only he nosedived and so I back traded to start again, but this weekend didnt go well either with Martins not getting a bonus!

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

They've changed the way they calculate dividends from manual to automatic and from column inches to the number of times a name is mentioned.So this week a clear divi choice is Sepp Blatter who apparently will yield 200% for a full 48hrs.This made itself known with the Tuesday afternoon potential divi update so may post a divi prospect here if it makes itself known on a Monday or Tuesday as soon as it appears.The regular daq players are endeavouring to adjust to this change.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Up to 20th.
20 (54) (20) bloggie1 10245432 +1757.88%

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Nice work!

I still think you should hound the helpdesk about your old account.

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

As that was deleted after they didn't reply I don't think they can even if they wanted to.

uncsimes
Grumpy Old Uncle, smells faintly of wee?

Post by uncsimes »

Just got both weekend win bonuses (boni?)

Now why can't I ever do that when I'm on a capping run?? :evil:

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

It will happen one day champ.

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Have £2m so may see how high it goes before considering downtrading.Have Anelka for the WB.The potential dividends are not as high as the first week of the measuring method change.

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

1st place and TT.

VALUE OF SHARES £479436.32
CASH AVAILABLE £0.51
TOTAL WORTH £479436.83
7 DAY PROFIT/LOSS 454508.83
WEEKLY GAIN 1810.06%
TODAY'S CHART POSITION 1

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

bloggie wrote:1st place and TT.

VALUE OF SHARES £479436.32
CASH AVAILABLE £0.51
TOTAL WORTH £479436.83
7 DAY PROFIT/LOSS 454508.83
WEEKLY GAIN 1810.06%
TODAY'S CHART POSITION 1
Well done Blogie. :D

Can you post your top trade interview here when it comes out :?:

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Fantastic!!

When you get interviewed make sure you tell the story of how all your icons were robbed :evil:

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Sent it.Didn't think of mentioning the icons thing then they can edit if they want.I'm 1st again today.Didn't go for dividend so may drop away a tad.Nice to get the TT anyway.It does take a fair effort as I was updating the movers list quite a lot more than usual as with no WB's due to Easter it was daytrade plus Peter Crouch for divi.Avoided a few top movers that faded quickly and that is the key to gaining the extra percentage.So those who are near top overall every other week must put in a lot of refreshes.

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by anon6 »

Can you post your interview here too Bloggie.

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

This is what I replied to them:

1. How does it feel to be Top Trader this week?Quite delighted.I expected to get close after having that tall Liverpool striker for dividend and daytrading so well as I avoided the top movers that faded very quickly thus saving commission.

2. What was it that set you apart from the rest of the players this week and meant you got the silverware? As the Sportdaq Talk site advises but doesn't always follow its own advice a good pair of mittens is required to avoid trading into the wrong share and repenting at leisure.

3. Your most important buy or sell this week?There's a few of them but to start with there was the hattrick hero Peter Crouch then spotted Carl Llewellyn at 3rd on the leaderboard at a nice price and knew with Aintree on the way he was a worthy mover so he started the momentum.

4. Portsmouth put the cat amongst the title-chasing pigeons last weekend. Where’s the smart money going now?Chelsea are starting to gain some consistency so it's up for grabs but Man Utd have to be slight favourites especially after their demolition of Roma Tuesday night.They play each other at Stamford Bridge on 9th May so that has the potential of being a title decider.

5. England’s cricketers appear to have blown it again. Where did the World Cup go wrong?They look to be short of a true world class bowler and reliable opening batsmen but even with Vaughan off his game they are still in it but their chances are slim.

6. The US Masters was a bit of an anti-climax. What are your impressions?I do an adequate Frank Spencer but I'd say the course layout was normal apart from the greens which threw up some hard luck stories.

7. Any tips for the Grand National?Difficult race to tip up with any certainty so I'll do a Mystic Meg and say a low weight with blue and white silks.

8. Finally, take the chance to talk about any sporting issue close to your heart. Try and keep it brief.The demise of Leeds Utd.I support them but wondering why.It highlights the importance of financial planning in modern football.If they get relegated at least I can make it to Leyton Orient as I live near Brisbane Road.That's if I can muster the enthusiasm.

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by anon6 »

Great stuff bloggie :D

And well done once again :D

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

They are trialling an increase in the dividend so Heskey,Viduka and a few others are already over 100%.Using 'find' in IE with '<potentialDividend>1' and '<potentialDividend>2' shows up the potential dividends quickly on the 'all issues data' link in the FAQ>rss link.

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by anon6 »

bloggie wrote:They are trialling an increase in the dividend so Heskey,Viduka and a few others are already over 100%.Using 'find' in IE with '<potentialDividend>1' and '<potentialDividend>2' shows up the potential dividends quickly on the 'all issues data' link in the FAQ>rss link.
Thanks for the tip Bloggie :D

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

Great stuff :D

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

"<description>Petr Cech</description>
<value>1.83</value>
<ipo>1.68</ipo>
<potentialDividend>2.86</potentialDividend> "

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Worst week ever to be on a capping run, no win boni!

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Anyone who had 100% in top mover Basso,he's now been deleted so best emailing them to get a 1000 or so in your account as a few have already successfully done so.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

ooooooooooooooh ffs!!!!!!!!!!!

I quit, ive had it with this game.

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Don't blame ya.I only play it for the banter on the Sportdaq Talk forum otherwise I'd have considered it totally pointless.

From the statements page:
'Basso Delisting Response - 02 July 2007

Information for those with no funds at present

With many players having invested in Ivan Basso prior to his de-listing on Friday (which was highlighted from last Wednesday onwards) many accounts have been left with no trading funds.

We are dealing with the emails(sent via the 'contact us' link) we have already received and providing such funds to those providing us with usernames and ID numbers. However, due to the abundance of emails we request that players be patient as we work our way through them.

In addition, we feel it only right to remind players that de-listing is a regular feature of the game and one that players should be aware of(shown each week on the site's statements link decided Wednesdays,delisted Fridays at 13-00). We notify players well in advance of which listees will be removed and warn that appropriate action must be taken to avoid losing investments.

Many thanks,

The Board'

Bob_H
FISOhead
FS Record: The Liquidator

Post by Bob_H »

Long ago lost interest.

Keep meaning to have another go at a capping run, seeing as I'm sat at £1.98m, but really can't be arsed.

Might just pick a player about to be de-listed just to completely put an end to the misery :lol:

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Cant understand why they do it this way. De-list him if they want, but why not just leave you with the cash you had as if you sold your shares in the delisting process. Or at the very least give you an auto 10k. Im not emailing them begging for funds.

fck em.

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

This cricket management game is more popular than sportdaq on the sportdaq talk forum.
http://www.battrick.org

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Any Q's Matty you can put them here.I mainly play due to the banter on the Sportdaq Talk forum where we are keen on Battrick,a cricket simulation.I don't keep a constant check on my daq account but have been switching to top mover,win bonus or dividend prospect on average about once per day i.e.,the time that I may glance at it.

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

cheers bloggie ... so you don't buy mon night till thurs and stik with to get full divi??

also do you get a partial dividend for shares you own for some of that time??

Bob_H
FISOhead
FS Record: The Liquidator

Post by Bob_H »

Had forgotten all about this.

Might use my old mate uncsimes' account for a few weeks to see if I can get myself another tropical island :lol:

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Matty B wrote:cheers bloggie ... so you don't buy mon night till thurs and stik with to get full divi??

also do you get a partial dividend for shares you own for some of that time??
I generally buy for divi before Monday midnight to Wednesday midnight.For another strategy you can buy topmover or win bonus prospect and change for divi Tuesday.The divi for 48hrs is usually the worthwhile option.You only get paid the divi for shares that you have at midnight Wednesday so only get partial divi in terms of holding say something Tuesday midnight to Wednesday midnight where you'd get half.The market generally reopens 0030 Thursday where you can spend your divi.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Other Fantasy Competitions”