To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Fantasy Horse Racing Jumps Comp.

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Horse Racing games.

RER
Kevin and Perry

Re: New Fantasy Horse Racing Jumps Comp.

Post by RER »

By the way, I posted on here last night regarding Irish racing (yep, all irish racing is included for comp. purposes), but it seems to have disappeared?

RER
Kevin and Perry

Post by RER »

pa102aw wrote:
Ashers wrote:I know, but I still can not find the option of Top 500 Horses.

I have just chosen the fifteen cheapest horses and this has nearly used my budget up.
I managed a few big priced horses ok. The beauty of this is you don't have to start with the likes of Binocular in your stable if it's not scheduled to run until January or some other date in the future. You have 4 horse trades (transfers) every month so that horses which are under-performing or injured can be transferred out of your stable and replaced with alternatives. These can also be used where a horse is not running for some time in real life and substituted for one which is. Any horses traded must stay within your budget of £50 million and your stable cannot contain more or less than 15 horses at any time.

I would suggest that you only do a maximum of 2 stables otherwise it becomes high maintenance and you lose focus.

This is one of my two stables

Aiteen Thirtythree £3.1m
Al Ferof £4.1m
Aupcharlie £2.8m
Bobs Worth £4.3m
Bold Sir Brian £2.9m
Dandino £2.8m
Ghizao £3.2m
Quotica De Poyans £2.9m
Realt Dubh £3.2m
Restless Harry £2.8m
Rubi Light £3.2m
Silviano Conti £2.9m
Somersby £2.9m
Spirit Son £5.2m
Wymott £3.0m

Totals (horses): £49.3m
Just to advise. You know have four horse trades per WEEK - the text on the site will be amended to show this.

I didn't want people to be able to include the "big" three of Long Run, Big Bucks and Hurricane Fly, where would the fun be in that?

What you will find, if you look hard enough, is some absolute bargains in the lower price ranges. You will find low grade handicappers that will run often and as you now receive 2 points simply for a horse starting a race (you get those points even if it does not complete), you may well find a class 5 horse running nine or 10 times, winning once or twice at decent prices, that produces more points over a season than any of the "big three"

I certainly never intended for this to be easy. Players will have to work things out, check the declarations, make decisions, and be shrewd. You will no longer be able to see another players stable until racing begins and neither will you be able to trade once racing has started.

Do not treat this game like the TTTF. You will need to get out of the blocks fast and so, look at those horses running this weekend, check out their future intended races, make sure you read the Friday evening Newsletter because we will have plenty of runners and, a fair few bonus point races.

The sole reason I have created this game is to raise funding, one way or another, for horse racing related charities. I have set my self an ambitious target of £1M but, one day we'll get there.

The bonus point races will be handicaps only and that is simply because I am a private handicapper. I will offer my work to anyone wishing to receive it, in return for a donation and I am quite certain it will help in the decision making process....hence the packages on my website, which, on this occasion, is the only sponsor of the game. As the numbers playing grows, the more attractive it will become to bigger sponsors, bigger sponsors = bigger prizes = more players = more money raised for those four charities I support right now.

If a player wishes to donate, great, if not, I have no problems with that whatsoever. The game is free to play and always will be and most certainly not dependent on a player donating for anything.

I have many future development plans for the game, including spin off games for Cheltenham and Royal Ascot. I will be looking at the points scoring system closely, looking to tweak it slightly but I also want the prize money a horse wins to be added to your original £50M bank, thus enabling players to maybe get to a point where they can have at least two of the big three in their stables.

A new website to house the game has been discussed as the current one is a bit like Space Invaders compared to say, the Premier League Fantasy Football website but, it all costs money and everything I'm doing has to be a "self fulfilling prophecy".

I just want people to enjoy playing it and if you find anything that bothers you or, you see a way of improving what we currently have, please get in touch with me.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Thanks RER.
With so many horses it is easier to dump them into excel and do stable selections that way and is easier to select horses that are running in the next fortnight

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

RER wrote:By the way, I posted on here last night regarding Irish racing (yep, all irish racing is included for comp. purposes), but it seems to have disappeared?

There have been some forum issues lately where a post disappears if it was the first post on a new page

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

I actually quite like the difficulty in filling a stable. It will make individuals do a little homework, instead of just being able to pick the known names of the horse racing world. Mind if school is anything to go by, homework didn't do me much good then :lol:

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

I thought that there were unlimited transfers up until Saturday !! :evil:

RER
Kevin and Perry

Post by RER »

pa102aw wrote:I thought that there were unlimited transfers up until Saturday !! :evil:
you do have unlimited horse trades until 11-00am on Saturday morning?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

RER wrote:
pa102aw wrote:I thought that there were unlimited transfers up until Saturday !! :evil:
you do have unlimited horse trades until 11-00am on Saturday morning?
I have tried to make changes to my stables but after 4 it tells me that I have used up all of my trades ? I'll try it again :|

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

Seems ok now :D When I was working on it at lunchtime it was showing 4 Transfers left and this decreased by one everytime I made a transfer, now it is showing - Transfers left n/a :?

RER
Kevin and Perry

Post by RER »

It would appear I had a Gremlin in the works....the horse trade restriction facility had been turned off in the admin section but when I checked following your posting, it had been turned on?

Veeeeeery strange.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

The bonus races are obviously going to be important. You say info on these will be in the Friday evening newsletter .. will there also be notification on the game web site?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

7lb claimer wrote:The bonus races are obviously going to be important. You say info on these will be in the Friday evening newsletter .. will there also be notification on the game web site?
If you click on 'Scheduled Races' on the evening before, or on the morning of that days racing you will see which races are bonus races.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

Ron, When will I be able to view all those who entered the Fiso Mini League I created ?

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

pa102aw wrote:
7lb claimer wrote:The bonus races are obviously going to be important. You say info on these will be in the Friday evening newsletter .. will there also be notification on the game web site?
If you click on 'Scheduled Races' on the evening before, or on the morning of that days racing you will see which races are bonus races.
OK thanks. :) I'll tune in later.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

PS. The Bonus Races aren't always the so called 'Featured Races' with the big prize money as they are restricted to Handicap Races only.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

i assume the horse in the list called "Finians rainbow" should be "Finigans Rainbow"?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

Surprised wrote:i assume the horse in the list called "Finians rainbow" should be "Finigans Rainbow"?
You're thinking of "Finnigans Wake" :D

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

pa102aw wrote:
Surprised wrote:i assume the horse in the list called "Finians rainbow" should be "Finigans Rainbow"?
You're thinking of "Finnigans Wake" :D
Finnegans Rainbow runs tommorow at Fakenham

RER
Kevin and Perry

Post by RER »

pa102aw wrote:Ron, When will I be able to view all those who entered the Fiso Mini League I created ?
the brief I gave the coders was that all stables should be hidden until racing starts and it appears they have taken me at my word! I'm assuming that, once we get to five minutes before the off time of the first race, you will be able to see all stables and inspect them then....fingers crossed it works! :lol: they have told me it does!

nbbbee10
Treebeard

Post by nbbbee10 »

First of all thanks for designing a great game, I must say I like a fantasy horse racing game involving transfers as the other fantasy horse racing games are too much like the sun dream team where you make your selections and then hope for the best. Just a question regarding the transfers, what will the start of the week be and the end of the week for the purpose of making transfers?

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Set up my stables but then forgot to put horses on the track until just before the Paddy Power :evil:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

I heard Herc6 had 6 winners today. :D

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

I still can't view the Fiso Mini League :evil:

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Maybe the league will show up when all the points are calculated.

Herc6
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Telegraph December Monthly Winner, SDT WDT Winner x7, Rugby World Cup Predictions Winner. Euro 2012 SDT phase one prize winner x3. Tour De France Weekly Winner, Formula 1 overall winner (Holiday to New York)

Post by Herc6 »

The Cheltenham card tomorrow isn't showing on the scheduled races. Does that mean that they don't count towards the total points?

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Herc6 wrote:The Cheltenham card tomorrow isn't showing on the scheduled races. Does that mean that they don't count towards the total points?
They are there now

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

I'm getting a bit miffed with this game already. We had unlimited transfers up until yesterday meaning we should have 4 left for this week, but when I just tried to use one of them for today's bonus race I get this message.

You had about 4 months to trial this game during the flat season RER and it still has lots of gremlins.

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

PA does it show you having 4 transfers available on your Stable page (bottom left box)

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Just done 2 transfers and they went through OK.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

GM wrote:PA does it show you having 4 transfers available on your Stable page (bottom left box)
It's telling me that I have 0 transfers left. :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Horse Racing”