To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

COMPLAINT

A Fantasy Football forum for Player Manager.
bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

COMPLAINT

Post by bennyc »

FIVE Tevez in my six teams.

Not requested in any teams.

He's eff suspended :evil:

Sort this out before kick off please.

I'm not pissing away money on this game and getting dealt players who are knowingly suspended.
Last edited by bennyc on 11 Dec 2010, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Re: COMPLAINT

Post by ronny10 »

I have him in all but 1 of my teams, unfortunately he was on my list :oops: :oops:

I even logged in this morning to take off Agbonlahor after hearing he had a virus but forgot to omit Tevez :roll:

All in all though my new strategy seemed to pay off and this week its actually my own fault that I have Tevez.

I feel your frustration though Benny as it has happened to me every week upto now :x

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

ronny10 wrote:I have him in all but 1 of my teams, unfortunately he was on my list :oops: :oops:

I even logged in this morning to take off Agbonlahor after hearing he had a virus but forgot to omit Tevez :roll:

All in all though my new strategy seemed to pay off and this week its actually my own fault that I have Tevez.

I feel your frustration though Benny as it has happened to me every week upto now :x

How come you only got him once then if he's in your list? Did anyone else bid for him?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Oh yeah PM, if you take Tevez out of Benny's teams because he is suspended, you can take him out of mine also :!: :!:

Although he was on my list, I agree 100% with Benny on this.

Even the Dreamteam guys can manage to take suspended and injured players off of there WDT game so surely you can too.
You bang on about the tactical side of this game but then it all gets ruined by these things happening.

If you want more people to sign up you really have to avoid these things and give people reason to post negative things about your game.

We are trying to help here even if we are moaning :wink:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

bennyc wrote:
ronny10 wrote:I have him in all but 1 of my teams, unfortunately he was on my list :oops: :oops:

How come you only got him once then if he's in your list? Did anyone else bid for him?
I said he was in ALL but 1 :(

I doubt many did bid for him because I got him for the bargain of 1m :lol:

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

ronny10 wrote:
bennyc wrote:

I said he was in ALL but 1 :(

Sorry :oops:

I've got the red mist - makes things hard to see :lol:

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

No response to this thread from Jason - nor to the PM that was sent.

I have suggested that the following list is checked by the games organisers on Friday of each week and all suspended players removed.

http://www.thefa.com/thefa/disciplinary/suspensionlists" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still feel very aggrieved that I got Tevez 5 times in 6 teams.

Note that other weekly games took Tevez out so you couldn't CHOOSE him never mind be dealt him.

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

Hi @bennyc

By adding players to your list and considering your maximum bids, you are better able to influence the players you "buy" at auction. Auto-allocation is there to simply fill in any gaps so that you can make up a squad of 11. Whilst you can tell us which criteria to use in auto-allocating your players (eg form, average price), you have less influence over which specific players you get if your player list doesn't contain enough players.

Having said that, we like to hear new ideas and are open to any feedback. We think that excluding suspended players from auto-allocation, as well as those in teams with postponed fixtures, has its merits. We're looking at what it would take to introduce this improvement - you'll appreciate that, whilst Player Manager operates with little effort from the user's perspective, there is a lot of complexity under the hood. We'll let FISO know of any improvements we implement along the way.

I try to monitor and respond to as much feedback as possible about the game, wherever it occurs. However, if you want to be guaranteed of a response to a specific issue, you can use our helpdesk - http://playermanager.com/CleverTV/en/ec ... do#Support" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the suggestions.

Best
Jason

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Yes I do understand that by picking more players on your list you eliminate the chances of getting dealt players.

However I WANTED to be dealt a couple of players this week for a bit of variation. I don't mind who they are providing they are not suspended.

Tevez would have been top of the list of alternates in just about any criteria i would imagine?? Given his current stance on playing for City we may well be faced with the same situation this weekend.

I appreciate the technical mechanics of the game aren't that straight forward but other games have NO problems in eliminating injured or suspended players. Given the nature of your game I think this issue simply has to be ironed out.

You also need to bear in mind that while there are only currently 26 players playing each week if that number multiples going forward then a lot more people will miss out on player bids and be allocated players - getting knowingly suspended players is going to upset people.

Having said all that I'm really enjoying the game in general - totally refreshing change.

Ps. Any news on whether the leaderboard will have a break down of each players individual scores throughout the duration of the game?

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

Doesn't the game go live for the following week straight after the leagues are picked for the current week?

You could then have the situation where people like ronny :oops: pick Tevez for the following week before the 5th booking. Therefore the list would have to be altered after ronny had already picked him which may cause issues. Dream Team doesn't golive until Tuesday to avoid problems (unless there are midweek games).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Player Manager”