To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Taca's Euro 2012 Pairs Sidegame - TheTon & Isalla Win!

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by UEFA's or FIFA's official website e.g. Champions League and World Cup Fantasy Football
Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: Taca's Euro 2012 Pairs Sidegame - FINAL: Spain v Denmark

Post by Tacalabala »

Would decide it if goes down to points, although you might end up picking identical teams.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Taca's Euro 2012 Pairs Sidegame - FINAL: Spain v Denmark

Post by TheTon »

jeffersdn wrote:Could be a goodmatch up with both of us finally using our wildcards then.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I didn't think you'd got a WC to use! Advantage is yours then..!

Isalla
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Isalla »

jeffersdn wrote:Could be a goodmatch up with both of us finally using our wildcards then.

Ha! Psychology battle before the match, I like that!

It's a shame that you've already used one WC for Matchday 3. Where did this second WC (or third, if we count play-off) come from? Something is definitely rotten in the state of Denmark, maybe this rule breach is enough for some sort of penalty, points deduction Juventus style? Taca?

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

Have I? Oh my I didn't even realise.:twisted:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Spain v Denmark - The Preview

Post by Tacalabala »

Preview of the Final: Spain v Denmark - Part 1
tonvsp4.png
stvs.png
With only four eligible players coming out of the Semi Finals, TheTon will have some work to do to put a team together that can match SP4’s – he holds 6 survivors going into the Final, including Mario Balotelli.

SP4 has performed consistently well, only below the half century on MD2, and is currently the top FISOer and 102nd in the entire Game. TheTon is some way off his rival’s pace, but has still done well with a rank of 7,535th as we approach the final, and will be hoping he can replicate his fine showing in the Quarter Finals – 72pts, though it could have been more if he hadn’t stuck with captain Cristiano Ronaldo.

They appear not to faced each other in a FPL H2H match last season, but in 5AS they respectively captain the Predators (TheTon) and Bad Boys (SP4), and it was the Preds who took the 3pts with a 3-2 win. A mouth watering ‘Main Event’ in prospect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tacalabala on 30 Jun 2012, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Spain v Denmark - The Preview

Post by Tacalabala »

Preview of the Final: Spain v Denmark - Part 2
isvje.png
sivj.png
Sunday’s match-up between this pair represents a massive upturn in their H2H fortunes this season – Isalla finished bottom of Spring 16’s City division, whilst Jeffersdn fared little better, ending up in 13th in the Austerity division.

If TheTon’s challenge is steep, Jeffersdn’s is positively mountainous – Isalla has a wildcard, Jeffers doesn’t and only has 4 survivors, whilst Isalla is looking to complete a 100% record against an opponent desperate to avoid ending the competition with a negative one. And that is all without also pointing out that Isalla is only 3pts shy of his team mate, yet Jeffers is exactly 70pts off the pace of SP4.

Still, Jeffersdn can console himself with the fact that he has achieved the highest MD score (67pt, MD4) out of the pair. Shame, then, that he is also the only finalist to clock sub-40 scores, coming in the opening two group games.
tacv.png
Whilst Isalla has reported that he might be ‘domestically compromised’ in use of the wildcard tomorrow, I doubt that he’ll go so badly wrong as to give Jeffersdn enough of a chance of taking it, not least because Jeffers will undoubtedly need to take hits to field a decent contingent. Only a high scoring encounter in Kiev and a masterstroke of captaincy selection can put Jeffers in the mix here.

Therefore, and some would argue rightly so, the fight to win the championship will go to the match between the higher scorers, TheTon and Spencer4.

Clearly, SP4 has the upper hand here through weight of numbers, but what he does with his four freebies could well determine what happens. I just have a feeling that he might go for broke and fill up with Italians. If SP4 does win and the tie goes to Game points, what Isalla does with his WC becomes crucial – SP4 would in effect need to beat him, and I can’t see how that happens if they both go for Spanish XIs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

Good luck to Spain, you must be hot favourite to take this on penalties if not in 90 mins. It was great to make the final.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Spencer4 wrote:Good luck to Spain, you must be hot favourite to take this on penalties if not in 90 mins. It was great to make the final.
Good luck SP4, Jeffers and Isalla.

A good effort by all to get this far, may the best team win.

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

Good luck all. Trotters crossed.

rossn13
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 12th TFFE 09/10

Post by rossn13 »

Good luck to all!

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

TheTon

Casillas
------------
Arbeloa
Jordi Alba
Pique
Abate
------------
Iniesta
Fabregas (c)
Alonso
-------------
David Silva
Torres

9 starters, gambled on Spain (clearly) (Abate was already there from the 1/4's). Also gambled on Fabregas, despite the danger of him getting hooked after an hour.

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

Jeffersdn

Buffon
-----------
Alba
Pique
Ramos (captain)
Bonucci
Barzagli
-----------
Busquets
Pirlo
Montolivio
-----------
Negredo
Cassano

decided to take a hit and field a full squad. Only nonstarter was Negredo who I already had from the semi's.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Good start for the real Spain, and our Spain.

Both myself and Isalla have Fabregas and Silva!

Looks like neither Danes have either - long way to go yet, mind.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Half time in real life, Spain 2-0 Italy

Half time in Taca's Euro 2012 Pairs Sidegame, Spain 2-0 Denmark

As things stand...

TheTon 57-53 Spencer4
Isalla 49-46 Jeffersdn

....Long way to go though!!

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

Buffon
------------
Arbeloa
Jordi Alba (c)
Pique
Abate
Barzaghli
------------
Iniesta
Busquets
Pirlo
Montolivo
-------------
Balotelli

Work to be done, but I'm not sure how :?

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Isalla's team

Buffon
--------------
Alba
Pique
Abate
--------------
Fabregas
Alonso
Iniesta (c)
Pirlo
Montolivo
-------------
Balotelli
Silva

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

Well done to Spain, worthy winners !!

Ironically we thought the wildcard would defeat us, not Fabregas & Torres.

Cheers to Tacalabala, a really excellent competition beautifully run, thank you.

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

Well done Taca. Great comp (even though some of the big names went out at the group stage......).

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

golden bear wrote:Well done Taca. Great comp (even though some of the big names went out at the group stage......).
But at least the biggest name went all the way :wink:
Spencer4 wrote:Well done to Spain, worthy winners !!

Ironically we thought the wildcard would defeat us, not Fabregas & Torres.

Cheers to Tacalabala, a really excellent competition beautifully run, thank you.
Cheers SP4, well played, and well done Jeffers. A great game with 4 good scores for a final!!

Cheers for a brilliantly run game, Taca - looking forward to the summary :wink:

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

Congrats spain. A worthy win in the end. If only i could do this well in fpl!

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Well done TheTon and Isalla - after all the pre-tournament tapping up and banter it looks like it was you two that had the lucky escape as predicted!

Thanks for running this Taca; complemented well with some fancy graphics!

rossn13
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 12th TFFE 09/10

Post by rossn13 »

Congratulations to both the real Spain and those chancers that won 4-0.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Well done to the winner and thanks to Taca for a superbly run competition.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Will do the summary on Tuesday morning.. probably (very busy at work). Well done to Spain(s), cracking win over a tricky Danish double. Thanks guys for the good words, pleased that it improved the experience of what was a great FF game - I really hope recovered balls are in FPL 12/13.

Isalla
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Isalla »

Great competition, congrats to all who played against us for putting up a fight, especially SP4 and jefferdsn.

TheTon prooved to be a supreme ruler of the competition, with all the previews and results.

Thanks to Taca for excellent organization (rarely side game means more than overall score) and thanks to Evans who didn't find place in my team in the last FPL game, hence putting me into "B pool" seed :D

TheTon
FISO Knight

Taca's Euro 2012 Pairs Sidegame - FINAL: Spain v Denmark

Post by TheTon »

Tacalabala wrote:Will do the summary on Tuesday morning.. probably (very busy at work). Well done to Spain(s), cracking win over a tricky Danish double. Thanks guys for the good words, pleased that it improved the experience of what was a great FF game - I really hope recovered balls are in FPL 12/13.
You're about as reliable as a set of SDT ratings :wink:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: Taca's Euro 2012 Pairs Sidegame - TheTon & Isalla Win!

Post by Tacalabala »

FINAL.png
6 wins, 12 goals, 0 conceded. The Spanish pair of TheTon and Isalla are worth champions indeed.

As predicted, Isalla won his H2H against Jeffersdn, although not by quite the healthy margin we might have expected. 6 Spanairds and 5 Italians gave Isalla a even spread, but in such a one sided match as the final turned out to be, that wasn't the best approach. As it turned out, though, Jeffersdn did likewise and wouldn't have beaten him even without losing 9pts on hits.

So, as expected, it went down to the TheTon-Spencer4 encounter. Both made 3 transfers, which meant TheTon was actually a man short (Khedira), but it was Tonny's faith in the Reds - Abate was the only Italian his ranks - which gave him the edge over SP4 who, like the pair, went for a spread.

So, Viva Espana, and I hope that you'll join me again for another side game next summer for the UEFA Under 21s Euros, and depending on whether FIFA.com run it, it will be combined with a Confederations Cup game.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

PSFinal.png
Player of the Tournament (Golden Ball) - Spencer4

Despite losing out in the Final, SP4 has shown throughout the tournament that is a class act (as if there was any doubt!). Finished the Game in 367th overall, but I suspect he'll feel angry with himself that he couldn't have made the top 50.

Top Scorer (Golden Boot) - TheTon

TheTon and Isalla acheived the same number of wins (6), but it is TheTon's higher points total that takes it.
Complete Results.png

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Although I didn't participate (unfortunately, as I ended up on 310 pts overall, which might have put me up there somewhere), I have to say that I'm impressed by the way this game has panned out. Tacalabala, chapeau! 8-)

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

One word: :oops:

And thanks to Mal for preventing it from being quite as bad as it could have been.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “UEFA.com & FIFA.com Fantasy Football”