To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Bargains you've spotted

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by UEFA's or FIFA's official website e.g. Champions League and World Cup Fantasy Football
Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Bargains you've spotted

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Thought Id create a thread for potential bargains. I think Russia, being the home nation could do well and some of their defenders at 4.5m seem a good bench option.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Re: Bargains you've spotted

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Miranda nailed over Thiago Silva? If so he's definitely straight in. Doesn't get better than 5.5 for a defender on a top team and in an easy group where they have a shout at keeping three cleans?

Varela (URG) and Vestergaard (DEN) are both good shouts at 4.5m.

Sakai was starting for Japan in the qualifiers, he doesn't seem to have been in the starting lineup for the last couple of friendlies but if he plays against Switzerland tomorrow he could be an option.

Golovin for Russia. He seems to be their best option in midfield. It was between him and Dzagoev, but Golovin is .5 cheaper. Ideally I wanted a Russian Striker, but 8 seemed steep considering their record?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

From what Ive read its Marquinhos & Miranda in CB, both at 5.5m. Ive spied Dzagoev myself and will probably prefer him to Golovin. Will look a little closer at Varela and Vestergaard :-)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Germany

Been on a business trip in Germany this week and there was plenty of discussion about their team & chances so may be useful to report?

There was a mixture of views about the Sané omission. Some were disappointed and thought he should have gone; others felt that he is young and has never played that well for Germany, nothing like he has for City. Either way, the consensus was that Löw has gone for experience in the main. For Germans, anything short of a SF would be considered sub-par.

Neuer is expected to be 1st choice GK now he's been declared fit.

Kimmich, Hummels, Boateng, Hector should be the back-4. No surprises there and no bargains either really. Boateng is apparently playing the best football of his career but with no BPs in the FIFA game that may not help much; he's probably the least likely of them to nick a goal. Might be worth watching out for any problem with Hector, though; if he's out for any reason then Plattenhardt will probably play and he's a deadly free-kick taker.

In the midfield, Müller looks the stand-out, even at 9.5m. It is surprising that he is categorised as a MF when the likes of Hazard are classed as FWs. Obviously he has a great tournament record as well. His form under Ancelotti was pretty poor - the word is that they didn't get on at all - but apparently he has been improving steadily since Ancelotti left and was looking near to his best towards the end of the season.

Germany will probably line up 4-2-3-1 in most games. Kroos is nailed-on in CM and will likely play with Khedira or Gündoğan alongside. Kroos is a pretty essential player for Germany and gets more goals/assists than might be expected from CM. The 3 AMs will probably be Müller, Özil and Reus although Draxler and Goretzka could also be in contention. Reus is also an excellent free-kick taker and could be used as a kind of false 9, as could Müller; Reus is classed as a FW in the McD game but only for 8.0m and he could be a cute pick.

If a traditional 9 is used it will almost certainly be Werner. Gomez is there as an impact sub that gives them a kind of 'Plan B' should they need it.

That's what I have anyway. :)

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Looks good Ruth. The possibility for Reus/Muller to operate as a false 9 (as in Gotze) means Werner may be too risky for me; especially as Mueller is likely to feature in my team. I may need to reassess my views on the Russian defence, theyve been awful apparently!

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 19:05 Sakai was starting for Japan in the qualifiers, he doesn't seem to have been in the starting lineup for the last couple of friendlies but if he plays against Switzerland tomorrow he could be an option.
Japan changed their manager in April, so may be a risky pick.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Latic wrote:
TheBigLewandowski wrote: Sakai was starting for Japan in the qualifiers, he doesn't seem to have been in the starting lineup for the last couple of friendlies but if he plays against Switzerland tomorrow he could be an option.
Japan changed their manager in April, so may be a risky pick.

I think they are a good pick, they look to me to have as good a chance as anyone of getting out of their group. Nagamoto is the nailed defender and scores the odd goal but Honda looks like the bargain to me at 6.0 M; he has a good goals record and is probably on penalties (I think). Osako also seems well priced if someone needs a cheap FW.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'm sure some of you will have seen this but this is a good guide:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng ... goals-caps

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 20:10
Germany will probably line up 4-2-3-1 in most games. Kroos is nailed-on in CM and will likely play with Khedira or Gündoğan alongside. Kroos is a pretty essential player for Germany and gets more goals/assists than might be expected from CM.
Kroos has managed about 5 goals in around 40 starts this season. Not sure if his international stats exceed his club ones (different role and all that) but I’ve never thought of him as weighing in with goals.

He did manage 8 assists though.

4/46 season before (16 assists :shock: )

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Guedes, playing up top with ronaldo and score to great goals yesterday

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Zimmerman wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Germany will probably line up 4-2-3-1 in most games. Kroos is nailed-on in CM and will likely play with Khedira or Gündoğan alongside. Kroos is a pretty essential player for Germany and gets more goals/assists than might be expected from CM.
Kroos has managed about 5 goals in around 40 starts this season. Not sure if his international stats exceed his club ones (different role and all that) but I’ve never thought of him as weighing in with goals. He did manage 8 assists though. 4/46 season before (16 assists :shock: )

Yeah, I was considering attacking actions (goals/assists) in the round really. 5/8 from 40 games isn't at all bad from CM but his numbers for Germany are better. FIFA says he has 11 goals in 38 games in FIFA tournaments (that includes an U17 World Cup) and his World Cup record for Germany (including qualifying) is 6 goals & 8 assists from 25 games. His returns for Germany are short of what we might expect from KDB when he plays in the deeper CM role but better than most other CMs. He's a worthwhile option I think, especially as he is as nailed as you can get.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

What are de Bruynes stats like in that deeper role?
I havent even considered him to be honest (but havent started delving too deeply yet).

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Zimmerman wrote: What are de Bruynes stats like in that deeper role?
I havent even considered him to be honest (but havent started delving too deeply yet).

Pretty awesome for a CM, you only have to look at what he did at City last season. Problem is he's 10.0 in the FIFA game, same as Hazard and Lukaku. Not sure if that's great value.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

He’s a relative bargain in the Sun game.

He was pretty offensive for City last season (or for the most part). I think/thought he tends to play deeper for Belgium.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Initial thoughts

The super premiums are too much money IMO (Ronaldo Messi Neymar 12m, Kane 11m) when you can get Jesus for 9m for example who will play inside Neymar and Cavani for 9.5

De Bruyne is too much at 10m . Coutinho better value at 9.0. Thomas Muller is Mr World Cup and is in my team at 9.5 m

Pretty obvious pick but Marcelo at 6.5 seems value

Uruguay have an easy looking group and none of their defence is over 5.5. Godin the obvious one but Jimenez scored the other day and has 5 in 42.

Really hard to find value in the midfield under 8 m. Even the minnows seems to have their star players . Jedinak on pens and free kicks for AUS at 6.0m

Asensio only 6.0 m can only think he is not expected to be anywhere near the Spain team.

Augustinsson 4 assists in qualifying for Sweden 5.0 DEF

Serbia play with wingbacks but Kolarov migth be prices about right at 5.5. Unfortunately Milojevic doenst appear to be on pens (tadic) so is probably a dud at 6.0.

I thought Rashford could be value at 8.0 given his recent performance but could be a bit risky. TAA priced nicely at 5.0 if we get some inkling he might start same goes for Cahill/Maguire 5.0

Schmeichel racks up the saves for Denmark at 5.0 and you could get a playing 4.5 to go alongside, with manual subs I dont see the point in a premium GK

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

Inui looks a real bargain. Had a good season in laliga.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

chaser2k4 wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 10:23 Inui looks a real bargain. Had a good season in laliga.
Any idea on starting XI .

Honda seems to be the main man on recent fixtures . Kagawa and Inui as you say reasonably priced . Need to pick the right one . Or none seeing as they are not playing very well

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

carver wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 12:40
chaser2k4 wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 10:23 Inui looks a real bargain. Had a good season in laliga.

Honda seems to be the main man on recent fixtures . Kagawa and Inui as you say reasonably priced . Need to pick the right one . Or none seeing as they are not playing very well
Ignore me on that pick, just checked back over there latest games, he didn't play.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/fant ... 611_newsid

Quite a good write up on bargain defenders . A few of them okay early in the GW too

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

chaser2k4 wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 15:44
carver wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 12:40

Ignore me on that pick, just checked back over there latest games, he didn't play.
2 goals for Inui today might have played his way into the team

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Uribe from Colombia, what you guess think

TheJezster
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: mine

Post by TheJezster »

Nandez of Uruguay looks like he good be a great purchase at 5m

By all accounts he will be starting on the right wing in what is likely to be quite an attacking side. In not a strong group either. Feeding the likes of Suarez and Cavani, and maybe getting among the goals himself.

Their defenders look good value too.

I agree with plenty of others who say the premium players look a little over valued, the 10m down striker options look very good and allows you to have a better balanced side too.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “UEFA.com & FIFA.com Fantasy Football”