To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Initial Thoughts.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by UEFA's or FIFA's official website e.g. Champions League and World Cup Fantasy Football
CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Initial Thoughts.

Post by CptPugwash »

Having another go at this. I usually give up after 2 weeks by which time either i've bigger up the in-between match day transfer or the software has.

Goalkeeper - my policy is to pick 2 GKs who always plays away on Tuesday, and always at home on Wednesday, then hopefully forget about them for the rest of the group stage. The teams that fit that criteria this year are
Groups A/D CSKA, PSG, Qar & JUVE Groups E/H LPool, S Don, Porto, Spurs.
The Juve & PSG options are expensive and have at least 1 very tough opponent each, Qar is a punt too far - so that leaves Akinfeev (CSKA) 5.0 for me.
The second GK was a tougher choice, i'va taken a bit of a punt on Pyatov (S DON) 5.0m in order to save money for elsewhere.

Forward/(Captain Pick)
As far as i can see match day 2 captain pick is a no-brainer. Ronaldo (R MAD) 12.0m - Real Madrid are a best priced 1/20 to win their first game.
Match day 1 has a lot more options, and there is a case to not splash out here, instead to rely on Ronaldo if the match day 1 captain doesn't pay off. However Lewandowski (BAY M) 11.0m (best priced 1/9 at home to Anderlecht) is the sort of player who can well bang in 4 goals and i don't want to miss out in case he does.
After splashing 23M on first two forwards, i need a bargain for my 3rd pick. Aboubakar (POR) 6.5m, a player i've never heard of seems to fit the bill.

Defenders.
Similar to my GK policy my preference is for defenders to play away on Tuesdays, and home on Wednesdays, though it's not a fixed rule. I like to have 3 playing on Tuesday, and have 2 (semi-)solid options on the bench for Wednesday to give me options for playing 3,4 or 5 at the back.
Tuesday picks.
Meunier (PSG) 5.5m - celtic, B MUN, AND. Seems like a relatively cheap way into the PSG defence. I don't know how certain he is of his place, and his mid-week hat-trick is likely to make him a popular choice.
Lichsteiner (JUV) 5.0m - barc, OLYM, S LIS. His low price scares me a bit, as i would expect him to be priced at least 5.5m if he was a nailed on starter. Obviously a tough opening fixture, but the following 2 wednesday games more than makes up for the tough Tuesday opener.
Ignashevich (CSKA) 4.5m - benf MUN BASEL. No idea what to expect from CSKA this year, but no-one likes playing away in Moscow, and he does score the odd goal.
Wednesday picks.
Nacho (R MAD) 5.0m A NIC, b dort, SPURS. Very cheap way into the madrid defence if he plays. Need to keep an eye out to see if he's likely to start. Would love to upgrade him to Ramos 6.5, as along with Alonso (CHEL) 6.5, strike me as the best 2 premium defenders.
Marcano (POR) 5.0m BES, monaco, leipzig. My last pick was a choice between the porto defence and the leipzig defence. Gone for Marcano as Besiskas at home is a more appealing fixture than Monaco at home.

Midfielders.
Spent less time here than the other positions, as it was getting late, and i was getting tired. So these are the most subject to change.
Tuesday picks
Natcho (CSKA) 6.0m benf MUN BASEL. The 3rd egg in my CSKA basket. Scored 6 goals last season, and 2 so far this. Seems a reasonable price for an attacking midfielder in a (hopefully) half-decent team.
Moses (CHEL) 5.5m QAR, A mad, ROMA. Need to save money somewhere, cheapest way into Chelsea, i'm expecting at the very least a clean sheet bonus, and hopefully a assist or two in the first game.
wednesday
Firmino (LIV) 9.0m SEV, s mos, maribor. A lot of dosh for a midfielder! but given that Mane and Salah are forwards !! appears to be the obvious route into Liverpools attack.
Isco (R MAD) 8.0m A NIC, b dort, SPURS. The second of my 2 premium midfielders and the 3rd egg in my real madrid basket. Class at a decent price, with a dream opening fixture.
Kovlenko (S DON) 6.0m NAP, m cty, fey. Decent price for a No 10 who scored 7 goals last season.

1 million in the bank for upgrades when team news come through. Hopefully some insights from members to find some more bargains, especially in midfield.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Initial Thoughts.

Post by CptPugwash »

Last minute changes:-
Mad rush to reset my squad in the last 5 minutes last night.
Aboubakar suspended OUT.
Firminho was changed to a forward, and i was allocated Countinho. Firminho worth 9m as a midfielder, Countinho isn't OUT.
Meunier, Lichsteiner, Ignashevich all dropped, all OUT.
Natcho Moses both dropped, both OUT.

Not an auspicious start of my original 7 Tuesday selections only 2 started. If my Wednesday picks are anywhere near as bad i'm up s**t creek.

Having no time to mess about, i switched to one of the cheapest starting defenders from all 3 teams
Marquinhos, De Sciglia, V Berezuski.

In Midfield in came Dzagoev (CSKA) Hernani(PORTO) and the cheap as chips Young. Upfront in came Jesus, having saved on funds elsewhere.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Initial Thoughts.

Post by CptPugwash »

Day 1 review.
12 minutes into the Bayern game, i'm thinking i'll be disappointed if Lewandowski only scores 3. Bayern were s**t and i had to settle for 1, and that was the highlight of my team.
Despite a good away win for CSKA, my 3 selections managed to come away empty handed.
6 pts for Marquinhos, and 5pts for Young. The other 8 spots all playing tonight if they start, and that's a big if.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “UEFA.com & FIFA.com Fantasy Football”