To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

McDonalds Fantasy16 Wildcard Options

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by UEFA's or FIFA's official website e.g. Champions League and World Cup Fantasy Football

When do you plan to use your Wildcard?

at the end of MD1
11%
at the end of MD2
39%
In the Knock Out Stages
50%

Total votes: 18

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

McDonalds Fantasy16 Wildcard Options

Post by abuhaneefah »

So with end of MD1 looming what do we think about Wildcarding and when will we find out about prices?

I did better than expected but mainly because of a Payet (c) choice .
Some of the popular choices haven't looked in great form.

So are you guys going to give it another Match Day before the wildcard or are you going to pull the trigger tomorrow?
Alternatively will you use it in the group stages?

Vote and comment away!
Last edited by abuhaneefah on 14 Jun 2016, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Re: McDonalds Fantasy16 Wildcard Options

Post by Mo Bot »

You get unlimited transfers at the end of the group stage anyway I think so I guess it's MD1, MD2 or Semis/Final. I only have Denayer not playing so far and the rest have done alright. Nobody is pulling up any trees so far apart from maybe Giaccherini/Pique/Payet in terms of points scored so I can't see too much movement.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Mo Bot wrote:You get unlimited transfers at the end of the group stage anyway I think so I guess it's MD1, MD2 or Semis/Final. I only have Denayer not playing so far and the rest have done alright. Nobody is pulling up any trees so far apart from maybe Giaccherini/Pique/Payet in terms of points scored so I can't see too much movement.
Sorry I meant the last option to be 'Knock -out' and not group.
I have changed it.
Will have to vote again if you voted.

Everyone in my squad has started so far too, I'm thinking the same, get the best team out for MD3.
The only thing is, it's worth considering fixtures too.

My opponents in the next round are:

2* Pol
2* Alb
2 * Por
1 * Rou
1* Tur
1 * Irl
1* Cze
1*Ger

Generally pretty good fixtures.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I'm in a tricky position. I have a non starter in Denayer and dead weight in Hazard, so I need at least a 4pt hit. So do I take the hit, or WC and restructure my squad with the money I'll get from selling Hazard?

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Will Belgium (and Hazard) be that bad again? Do you have someone in mind who is more likely than not to get 6+ points? Otherwise it probably won't be worth it.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I thought Hazard played alright last night, and he won't be up against an Italian defence in the remaining two group games. While I won't be rushing to buy him, if I currently owned him I'd be happy to hold.

Personally I only built a team with the first matchday in mind so am probably going to wildcard now, although the players I've picked have done alright for the most part so might change my mind. Will see how Austria look first before deciding, since I picked three of them.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Mo Bot wrote:Will Belgium (and Hazard) be that bad again? Do you have someone in mind who is more likely than not to get 6+ points? Otherwise it probably won't be worth it.
Payet vs Albania? Yeah I know, hits aren't worth it in this game because of no bonus points. :(
thesilkworm wrote:I thought Hazard played alright last night, and he won't be up against an Italian defence in the remaining two group games. While I won't be rushing to buy him, if I currently owned him I'd be happy to hold.

Personally I only built a team with the first matchday in mind so am probably going to wildcard now, although the players I've picked have done alright for the most part so might change my mind. Will see how Austria look first before deciding, since I picked three of them.
I thought he was poor. He couldn't beat his man and ended up passing back or losing the ball most of the time.

I've never played fantasy in competition with a knockout stage, so I was wondering how valuble the transfers before the semis really are? There usually aren't many goals scored in the semis and final, so we just load up on defenders from one team and hope for the best?

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

You can see the path to the final from the knockout stage onwards. If there is a straightforward half of the draw and a tricky one (as is usually the case) then it's common to load up on the dominant team in the easy half early on then transfer in from the difficult half late on after hedging your bets. There is usually little movement in overall positions late on as most of the teams are the same as each other.

I think I'll keep my WC until later on just in case there are shocks in the 2nd round/QFs. 15 playing for the quarters/semis is vital but you only need 11 for the final.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

So we have a wildcard, and we also get unlimited transfers after the groups?!

I think I am for saving the wildcard for the knockouts, surely it could get extremely difficult to field players if teams we have a few from get knocked out. Imagine if you have a trio and they get knocked out in a fluke game.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:So we have a wildcard, and we also get unlimited transfers after the groups?!

I think I am for saving the wildcard for the knockouts, surely it could get extremely difficult to field players if teams we have a few from get knocked out. Imagine if you have a trio and they get knocked out in a fluke game.

If that happens you have 4 free transfers to replace them

Number of free transfers
Group stage: one per matchday
Round of 16: unlimited
Quarter-finals: 4
Semi-finals: 6
Final: 6

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Ignore me, when it comes to this Euro fantasy gamr I barely know the rules and rushed together a team. :lol:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I've heard the prices will change after the group stage. Does that mean it might be a good idea to wildcard now and load up on the bargains so that we have more money for the unlimited transfers before the knockout stage? Or will the prices change after the unlimited transfers period?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Haven't really thought too much about it, but my instinctive reaction is that prior to the quarters looks as good a time as any.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Already had a player sent off and a non starter, hadn't planned to wildcard so early but looks like a good chance to get some decent looking players in.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:So we have a wildcard, and we also get unlimited transfers after the groups?!

This is why it's very important to identify the teams who are more likely to win. And it helps not putting all eggs in one basket, so I'm not planning on have more than two players of any team unless it's in something like France x Wales.

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Do i pick Ronaldo and Nani for Matchday two

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Ronaldo isn't worth the money. He had 1 shot on target in the last game which is probably the easiest of the 3.

streety
FISOhead

Post by streety »

Has anyone been able to successfully use their wildcard? I tried to at the end of Matchday One and made several changes. It took points off me and after raising a support ticket with the website, I have heard nothing.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

I used mine fine, you have to click -Activate Wildcard - it wasn't available in all browsers.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “UEFA.com & FIFA.com Fantasy Football”