To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

McDonalds UEFA.com game - Euro 2016 (chit chat thread)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by UEFA's or FIFA's official website e.g. Champions League and World Cup Fantasy Football
yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Re: McDonalds UEFA.com game - Euro 2016 (chit chat thread)

Post by yeboah »

Looks like everyone has the same teams pretty much.....fortune favours the brave for those who captain Nani! hes the only one you could gamble on - looking past the 3 of Grieze,Ron & Giroud. ( i havnt) :p

Would love a top 10 finish but 20 points s a lot to make up...

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I decided to take my own advice and go 5 at the back:

It's not a very original team but if France keep a CS I'll have a decent score, and I have all the popular attackers as well.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

gallus wrote:I decided to take my own advice and go 5 at the back:

It's not a very original team but if France keep a CS I'll have a decent score, and I have all the popular attackers as well.
I came on here to post pretty much the exact same thing. I think 5-2-3 and block French (or even Portuguese) defence is the way to go. These finals are usually low-scoring, cagey affairs, and it's not like the tournament itself has been much different in that regard, (although France have been scoring plenty in the knockout stages). Also with 3 attackers we're pretty well covered in the event we've miscalculated and the game turns into a goalfest.

Planning to go with exactly the same team as you, gallus, except probably with Guerreiro instead of Fonte.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

I've also got pretty much the same team.
Guess it comes down to Captain choices.
So.. Lloris or Griezmann?
It's between these 2 for me.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Nobody fancy a Portugal upset then?

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Mo Bot wrote:Nobody fancy a Portugal upset then?
Not really, Portugal only looked good against Wales apart from that they have had an easy route to the final.
I fancy France to win this within 90 minutes, either that or another 1-1 draw if Ronaldo turns up and the Portuguese defence can hold on.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

abuhaneefah wrote:I've also got pretty much the same team.
Guess it comes down to Captain choices.
So.. Lloris or Griezmann?
It's between these 2 for me.
Everybody is going 5 at the back? And I thought I was at least a little bit original. :(

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Made one transfer too many and inadvertently given myself a benching dilemma.. bench one of Matuidi, Sanches, Koscielny, Cedric...

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

How's this for a benching dilemma?
Shame we don't have a bench boost chip.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Notned wrote:Made one transfer too many and inadvertently given myself a benching dilemma.. bench one of Matuidi, Sanches, Koscielny, Cedric...
Matuidi or Sanches. Throw a coin. :D

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm tempted to wait in case of a warmup injury since we have till the deadline, though at this point my squad will be of 15 players from the final anyway.

I'm not particularly excited by the fantasy stakes today, it seems like everyone except the odd gambler will have a fairly identical team. I think I'll put all my eggs in one place and have a bit of fun. :mrgreen:

Looks like France unchanged and Portugal unchanged except Pepe returning in case it's not been mentioned.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Confirmed line ups

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Thanks abuhaneefah.

I think this might be the first gameday of the tournament I'll not be fielding Joao Mario, so if he finally does something I may sulk until the FPL prices comes out. :D :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

It is especially rubbish that you can only have 8 from 1 team. The options basically seem to be either choose exactly the same team as everyone else or bet all out on Portugal as a result.

The only French punt I'd even vaguely consider is Sissoko over a 4th France defender, otherwise the only real differenciator will probably be whether or not anyone had Nani or Giroud last round. :(

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Have gone for the uber French defensive block of all of the back five along with the popular attacking threesome. Gone 5-2-3 so with no space for Pogba I've picked Joao Mario ahead of Sanches as my second midfielder and Raphael as the token Portuguese defender.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I've gone for Sissoko. :)

3-4-3 with Rui Patricio, Sanches and Ronaldo from Portugal.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Kinda helps me out as I'm 17 points ahead in the only cash league I entered.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I wanted the back 5 but then realised the 8 max rule. My previous plan was Ronaldo plus France minus Matuidi. You know what - I'm going to field Mario too - after all there's no other way I can fittingly crown my graceful plummet from group stages competence to Germany backing faildom. :lol:

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Gone for the French back 4 and Lloris(c), Payet, Sissoko, Matuidi, Guerrero, Sanches and Ronaldo

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I've egged on a high scoring game in the end.

343, Lloris in to save all the over-ambitios Ronaldo shots, Cedric/Guerreiro/Sagna to provide assists from full back, Sissoko, Mario, Pogba, Payet, Griezmann, Giroud, Ronaldo.

Ronaldo (c), scoring 2 in a 3-2 loss. :P

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

So close for Sissoko earlier should have had one by now. ;) :lol:

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Not sure who else bets regularly on football, but the Betvictor 1M pound goal is making this game extra fun to sweat. Have pooled tokens with friends so we've got 63 tokens spread around various goalscoers/minute of the first goal.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Wow - looks like Payet's done Ronaldo.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

He's back on for now but I'll be surprised if he makes it to half time. One more "meaty" challenge could finish him.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

And there it is.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Well, that's ruined the game. Turgid French win to nil now?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote:Turgid French win to nil now?
Hopefully. :wink:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I suppose we shouldn't discount the unstoppable, unflappable, incredible force of nature that is Joao Mario. Promoted to LW from LCM and not going to be subbed for Quaresma for once. I smell a hattrick...

If Sissoko put in even a tenth of this effort playing for his club it would have been nice. Hopefully his pricetag is rising by the second on this out of character tournament performance.

redcanuck
FISOhead
FS Record: Sky sports Fantasy league Winner 2008-09

Post by redcanuck »

Well there goes my Captain. Gutted to see Ronaldo off injured.

I think Payet knew what he was doing. Nothing wrong with the initial challenge, but the follow through was diliberate. You see it too much in today's game, the first challenge takes the ball, but the trailing leg is left in to take out the man.

Hope this does not will mean Portugal will set back, defend and hope for penalties, unless France get a quick goal. Ruins the final as a spectacle if it goes that way.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

The highlights of this tournament are probably England's cuddly toy lion, Lawro not commentating on the final, and the capital eth (Ð) on Sigurðsson's shirt.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “UEFA.com & FIFA.com Fantasy Football”