To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Plenty to play for...

A forum for Totel Football - the weekly tote-style fantasy football game
Totelfootball
Treebeard

Plenty to play for...

Post by Totelfootball »

It’s not long now to the final fixtures, and the only weekend of the year when all Premiership matches kick off at the same time. Unfortunately, the standings at the top of the table are all said and done, but the bottom couldn't be more exciting. With only West Ham relegated, one point separates 15th to 19th. I can remember plenty of thrilling relegation battles over the years but none more so than this!

For all the passion and excitement Mr. Holloway and Blackpool have brought us this season, they have the unenviable task of going to Old Trafford to try and spoil a Trophy lifting party in an attempt to avoid the drop. We all remember Carlos Tevez saving West Ham a few years ago at Old Trafford (and then joining United afterwards), but I don't see a Tevez in their ranks (although Charlie Adam is a seriously talented man who may yet end up in the red jersey). So, I see them losing and that brings me on to my first two selections for this week. Anderson and Rooney. Rooney will be keen to close out with a win in front of his home crowd. I've picked Anderson as he will be desperate to impress in order to claim the third midfield slot cometh the Champions League final.

A match of equal importance see Boozy Birmingham take on Europa League bound Spurs. With Birmingham only gaining one point in their last 5 matches, a squad drinking session has left McLeish fuming. Spurs are back on track after beating Liverpool last week and I expect them to send the Midlands outfit down. So, Michael Dawson comes in at the back and Luca Modric is chosen in midfield.

As I just mentioned I think Birmingham will go down, you can gather I think Wigan will survive. I really rate Martinez as a manager, and if you don't agree then please look at how he transformer a Swansea squad that are now 90 minutes from the top flight. He has a hero in the ranks, a player of sheer quality (he almost went to Arsenal but Wenger didn't fancy his tantrums) - Charles N'Zogbia. He's scored 4 goals including a 94th minute winner last week and I feel the man will be the difference against Stoke this Sunday.

Our final relegation match up sees 15th play 16th, Wolves v Blackburn. Many will fancy Wolves here but I think Blackburn have turned a corner recently and were impressive against Man United last week. Both Samba and Emerton have been key men in recent times and have been stalwarts at Ewood Park in the last few years so I'm picking both of them this weekend (Blackburn at 3/1 is a big price in the bookies too).

The only other games of real relevance this weekend are the matches involving teams fighting for European spots. I think Man City will get a win at Bolton on Sunday as Tevez is sure to score. He’s level on goals with Berbatov for the Golden Boot so he’ll be trying that little bit harder. The impressive Joe Hart should keep a clean sheet, ergo, I'm selecting both of them too! Finally, my last defender, is the Liverpool hard man, Martin Skrtel who has been very solid since Christmas. On the bench, James McCarthy, Glen Johnson and Robin Van Persie. Next week, I'll pick the team of the season in true TotelFootball fashion, with a maximum of 2 players from any team.

TotelFootball

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek
FS Record: Sun World Cup 2010 Mini-League Winner. Fantasy Stakes Prem Winner 08/09, World Cup 2010 Winner

Re: Plenty to play for...

Post by Zarch »

The "limited player list" comes to haunt us again with no Berbatov for Man Utd, even though Sir Alex says he'll play. :roll:

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Re: Plenty to play for...

Post by SUZYKINS »

Zarch wrote:The "limited player list" comes to haunt us again with no Berbatov for Man Utd, even though Sir Alex says he'll play. :roll:
Yep seems strange when they have a subs bench now :?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Totel Football”