To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

An old school approach...

A forum for Totel Football - the weekly tote-style fantasy football game
Totelfootball
Treebeard

An old school approach...

Post by Totelfootball »

Kenny Dalglish was handed a new 3 year deal at Anfield this week, and everyone in football would have to agree that it was a no brainer. Since he took over, he has transformed the club, without having Steven Gerrard at his disposal that often. This infact, may have been a blessing in disguise. Not because Gerrard is past it (which he is not) but because it made other player lead by example. This happened with Henry at Arsenal, it’s only natural to look to a global superstar to lift a team when you are playing alongside one.

Dalglish however, has taken players, who under previous managers didn’t preform and has allowed them to really develop. Lucas, Meireles and Rodriguez spring to mind. The youth development has also been excellent, Spearing, Flanagan, Wilson, Shelvey and Robinson are all down established as either squad or first team players. So, long story short, well done Kenny.

As for this week, and following the above theme, Kuyt is in again. He has been exceptional in the last two months and is impossible to drop. I’m also calling up another Kop star, Luis Suarez, who has really proven he is able to mix it in the big league. Spurs seem to be on a slippery slope, so hopefully both Kuyt and Suarez can rattle the net on Sunday.

A day before that, Man United have a chance to wrap up the title at Blackburn. A draw will do, and with no midweek match for the Red Devils this week I imagine Vidic will be one of the first on the team sheet – so he’s on mine too! I believe Nani will be a huge threat to Rovers on Saturday and he will be desperate to try and topple Valencia for a Champions League starting jersey so he’s selected in midfield.

Elsewhere, I’m of the view that Chelsea are a good thing to keep a clean sheet this weekend. In their last 4 Premiership clashes with Newcastle they have only conceded 1 goal. With that in mind, Petr Cech is back in the sticks and Ashley Cole is in defence. Regardless of what you think of Ashley, he is undoubtedly one of the best left backs in the world.

Filling in the remainder of the back line was trick this week, so I’m going for two virgin selections – Joleon Lescott is a tentative selection as City v Stoke is very much dependent on how the FA Cup final goes but City will want to push Arsenal all the way for third. The other defender is a consistent sort with 33 appearances for Sunderland – The evergreen Phil Bardsley – The ex-united man is seriously underrated in my opinion.

I’m quite fond of the speedy Peter Odemwingie and I think he is good value to bag one against Everton this weekend, and he takes the penalties too, so anythings possible! In midfield we place the English youngster who operates in North London, Jack Wilshere. He is very capable of a man of the match performance and is up against a tired Villa side this Sunday. Finally, I’ll have N’Zogbia who plays for Wigan at home to West Ham. He’s been in great form of late & is sure to be up for this clash as they try to get out of the drop zone.

As for the subs it’s David Silva, Peter Crouch and Nedum Onuoha. Enjoy the action, it’s gona be a long summer…

TotelFootball

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Totel Football”