To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Points Equal Prizes...

A forum for Totel Football - the weekly tote-style fantasy football game
Totelfootball
Treebeard

Points Equal Prizes...

Post by Totelfootball »

Last week my team yielded a frustrating 92 points. I call this frustrating as I was 5 points off a payout. The blame issued to three under-performers, of which, Balotelli takes most responsibility considering his pathetic efforts at Ewood Park.

I explained in my last blog, how vital it is to pick the right Keeper, and Cech certainly didn't disappoint! But something I didn't illustrate is the importance of all your "picks" having an optimum chance of achieving a minimum of 9 points. Therefore, I believe it's a cardinal sin to pick a player who ends up only being used as a sub. The difference of 5 points for a performance longer than 45 minutes versus a 2 points for a sloppy sub can mean a lot when adding up your tally at the end of the weekend.

Looking at this weekends fixtures, Man City look the banker. West Ham are playing poorly at the moment and without Scott Parker they have no real heartbeat. Whether he returns this weekend however, may not be too relevant as the Mancini march continues. So, this week I'm sticking Joe Hart in goal and Kompany in my defence.

Skrtel keeps his place in my side from last week after a solid 9-pointer against Birmingham. My next selection is a surprising one as the Birmingham back-line conceded 5 last week, but I have faith Roger Johnson can pick up 9 points this weekend. He's up against the worst attack in the league on Sunday. Wolves have only scored 12 goals on the road all season, the lowest away tally in the division. My final defender is chosen for his ability to score goals, as he's probably Blackburns best chance of a goal these days - Chris Samba.

Dirk Kuyt is a must in midfield this weekend as he bagged 13 points last week, he's becoming integral to the Dalglish revolution at Anfield. My next selection was a toss up, either Jordan Henderson of Sunderland or Tim Cahill of Everton? Preference goes to Henderson as he might be playing up front due to Sunderlands injury crisis and Cahill was unusually dropped last week by David Moyes.

The two BIG games this weekend are Chelsea v Spurs and Arsenal v Man United. I see Chelsea continuing their recent return to form, and thats why the prolific Lampard is on my team this week! In the other big tie, I've decided to call upon two players who have terrorised Arsenal in the past - Nani and Rooney. Fergie all but announced Nani would start this weekend in an interview after the Schalke match and Rooney is simply playing too well to leave out.

I'll name the subs before naming my final striker. Stephen Carr, Tim Cahill and Peter Odemwingie. My final forward, partnering Wayne Rooney is a certain Mr. Torres. The biggest reason Spurs struggle to mount a serious and sustained league challenge is their poor defence. All four team above them in the table have conceded less, and I believe a confident Fernando Torres will at least score once on Saturday evening. But of course you know that already if you follow me on Twitter!!

Why not try your hand at TotelFootball this week-end?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Totel Football”