To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 25 Open

A forum for Totel Football - the weekly tote-style fantasy football game
Totelfootball
Treebeard

Gameweek 25 Open

Post by Totelfootball »

A staggering £218,525,000 spent in the January transfer window.
- Torres to Chelsea for a British transfer record (£50m).
- Carroll to Liverpool (£35m).
- Suarez to Liverpool (£22.7m).
- Dzeko to Man City (£27m).
- Luiz to Chelsea (£21.3m).
etc... For all the transfer news check out here.

With the distraction of the transfer window now well and truly out of the picture, all teams can focus on the race to the title... Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd are all in action this evening and I fancy all 3 to take full points.

Arsenal are at home to Everton and this will be no easy assignment. They will miss the services of top scorer Nasri. Nasri could miss most of February with a hamstring strain; a serious blow to their title ambitions. Everton are in good form of late, having lost just one match since November. They were unlucky not to take all 3 points from the Emirates last year. Nonetheless with Fabregas, Walcott and Van Persie in good form I take them to have too much for Everton and would suggest that you add 2 of these players to your selections for the mid-week games.

Man Utd at home to Villa are another team that warrant 2 player picks. Utd remain unbeaten this Premiership season and a result this evening would stretch their unbeaten run to 29 Premier League fixtures, equalling the best ever run. Villa will pose problems. They were unlucky not to beat Utd earlier this season. Their season nose-dived afterwards losing 6 of the next 8 games but they have finally gotten back on track and come here in good form. Nonetheless the history books are against them. They've won one of their last 30 games against Utd, so I'd be banking on United players for this one. My suggestions would be a van der Sar / any defender combination if you fancy them shutting Villa out or your choice of Nani, Berbatov, Rooney if you think they'll rip Villa apart.

Chelsea too are probably worth 2 picks, but I am more tentative in this one. Sunderland have only conceded 4 goals in their last 5 games, while Chelsea have finally returned to form notching up 14 in their last five outings. Something has got to give!! I suspect that it will be the Sunderland defence will leak and that Drogba, Malouda, Anelka et al will continue their recent run of form.

I also think that Liverpool will have a little too much for Pulis's side tomorrow evening. Stoke brushed aside a poor Liverpool team at the Britannia earlier in the season. They were simply too committed for Liverpool on that occasion. Liverpool are beginning to find their feet under Dalglish and will be bouyed by the return of Carragher and the addition of Suarez to the attack. My opinion is that they are worth the 2 picks.

I am looking forward to seeing how Vela and Odemwengie combine up front for WBA. Odemwengie has averaged 8.0 pts/game to date this season, higher than Walcott, Anelka, Rooney, Torres, van Persie. It will be interesting to see how he combines with the Mexican striker. Maybe this is what they need to see a return to the form that saw WBA win away to Everton and Arsenal earlier in the season. However, given the horrendous form that West Brom and Wigan currently find themselves in, I'll be on the bench for this one.

Birmingham at home to City is a tough one to call. Tevez is a doubt (back strain, rather than homesick). Nonetheless I fancy City to win this one, just.

Tottenham will have too much up front for Blackburn who will be without Santa Cruz and Nelsen. The only problem is that Tottenham will have too little in defence for Tottenham. Dawson is suspended, Gallas is a doubt, Kaboul needs surgery on his knee. In short, pick midfielders/strikers here because there will be goals. Van der Vaart, Bale and Pedersen are worth consideration. I'd be a little more cautious with Hoilett or Defoe.

For entertainment, pick 1-2 players on the Fulham v Newcastle game tomorrow night. It's live on Sky Sports. Fulham with home advantage are a tentative selection...

Gameweek 25 kicks off this evening at 7:45. Pick your team now at TotelFootball to be in with a chance of scooping the pool!

Totelfootball
Treebeard

Re: Gameweek 25 Open

Post by Totelfootball »

If any FISOers would like to take a FREE trial of the service tonight, then click here to claim a £10 free bet...

Best of luck & enjoy the game!!!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Totel Football”