Post by Ave a banana »

Great Race!

Actually had overtaking on the track. :shock:

Not sure this will catch on.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Re: Chinese Grand Prix

Post by CanaryYellow »

Best GP since the late 80's imo. Sensational stuff.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Chinese Grand Prix

Post by TheTon »

Only caught the last 10 laps, but gutted I missed the previous 46!!!

Ave a banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ave a banana »

TheTon wrote:Only caught the last 10 laps, but gutted I missed the previous 46!!!
Re-run at 3.05pm on BBC1

TheTon
FISO Knight

Chinese Grand Prix

Post by TheTon »

Ave a banana wrote:
TheTon wrote:Only caught the last 10 laps, but gutted I missed the previous 46!!!
Re-run at 3.05pm on BBC1
Aye, but I'm working! Finish in time to watch the football though!

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

What a bostin race :shock:

Unbelievable.

So many drivers factored at so many times.

Lewis on fire. Webber even hotter. So much great overtaking. Sheez.

Unfortunate "taxi for" moment for Button however :oops:

gazwood
Dumbledore

Chinese Grand Prix

Post by gazwood »

Definitely worth getting up at 7.30am for. One of the best races I've ever seen.

Must admit, a was a wee bit emotional at the end, almost joined Lewis in shedding a tear :cry:

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

Been watching grand prix for 20 years now and I think that was the best dry race i've ever seen, even with no major crashes or safety car. Faaaaantastic!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I must be the only one then :(

Thought it was all a bit 'fake' with degrading tyres, compulsory pit stops & tyre types, KERS, adjustable wings etc that isn't what racing is about to me.

Can't believe a reputable tyre company spends so much money to say they provide the tyres and then agree to the demands that they make them in way that they turn crap and literally fall apart after a few laps. How can that be giving them a good repuation? They say 'all publicity is good publicity' but this seems Ratneresque to me........

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

But what about Turbo boosts, active suspension, traction control etc - always been driver aids Murf.

I really like the DRS. Unless aerodynamics are changed completely, overtaking is going to be practically impossible. At least with this and KERS we've got some overtakes.

Also, since when has racing been true ? I remember Keke Rosberg making a comment about 1985 saying his Missus could have driven faster because he spent the whole race watching the fuel gauge. Back in the day when the driver who saved the most fuel won.

This is Pirelli's first season for a while. It will take them a while to get the tyres up to scratch.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

bluenosey wrote:But what about Turbo boosts, active suspension, traction control etc - always been driver aids Murf.

I really like the DRS. Unless aerodynamics are changed completely, overtaking is going to be practically impossible. At least with this and KERS we've got some overtakes.

Also, since when has racing been true ? I remember Keke Rosberg making a comment about 1985 saying his Missus could have driven faster because he spent the whole race watching the fuel gauge. Back in the day when the driver who saved the most fuel won.

This is Pirelli's first season for a while. It will take them a while to get the tyres up to scratch.
His son did just that yesterday...... :wink:

Everyting you mention from the past was the same for everyone all lap. I agree something had to be done but it is a shame it has to be fake things rather than reducing downforce and stopping the 'dirty air' issue somehow. I sort of see the point of KERS but I just don't like it :lol: The rear wing seems wrong as only the chasing car gets it. My main issue though is with the tyres.

Pirelli have DELIBERATELY made their tyres degrade because taht is what they were instructed to do. How can that be what the sport representing the pinnacle of motor technology be about???????

F1 is becoming the motor sport equivalent of Crazy Golf!

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

So what about 1988 ?

Only Mclarens and Ferraris with turbos, the rest with normally aspirated engines. Granted Senna and Prost were two excellent drivers but they had a massive advantage. Only Berger could get near them and he usually had to back off because of fuel issues. It made the races farcical at times.

Not really a level playing field for everyone and would have been 16 out of 16 for Mclaren had it not been for one Jean Louis Schlesser at Monza.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Motor Racing (incl F1)”