To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Whats what on a f1 car

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Formula One and Fantasy Motor Racing Games
redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Whats what on a f1 car

Post by redmen82 »

i really want to get into f1 and would like to know what i am talking about and looking at.

i have searched on the internet and cant find the right thing. i am looking for a picture of some sort of a f1 car with description of what is what ie side pods, and all other parts.

thanks for any help

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Re: Whats what on a f1 car

Post by eagle224 »

Try these two sites:

Basic Diagram
BMW Sauber 2007 car pieces image

Both are a little out of date but would be a good place to start.

The official F1 site is a good one too - link

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Do you have a racetrack or kart circuit nearby you could go to? Any voluntary work you could find to do would enhance your knowledge and may help you on your way..

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Whats what on a f1 car

Post by Mystery »

CanaryYellow wrote:Do you have a racetrack or kart circuit nearby you could go to? Any voluntary work you could find to do would enhance your knowledge and may help you on your way..
Not just for racing knowledge either. The petrol heads there will definitely have an F1 geek amongst them. Wikipedia pages on past f1 cars might be good too.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

You need to buy Autosport then. Lots of articles showing various tweaks made by all the teams after each GP, from diffusers to side pods, radiators to rear wings.

For starters though, best if you can try and buy a book showing the evolution of the GP car from it's humble beginnings, to see how the pace of development has gathered pace and how the team's pit garages seem to resemble NASA more and more each year.

F1 cars just started like road cars at the turn of the century, until the 1930's when the awesome Mercedez Bends and frankly frightening Auto Unions reached speeds of about 200mph in the mid 30s. (This is a chapter in itself - Carriciola/Rosemeyer/German propagnda/Hitler/ - fascinating) Fast forward to the glorious Mercs of Fangio and Moss in the mid 50s, the first rear engined cars of the early 60's, the cigar shaped Lotuses and BRMs of the mid 60's, the dangerous high winged cars of the late 60s. The 70's saw a six wheeled car, a fan car (Gordon Murray's Brabham won first time out and was subsequently banned) and ground effect, courtesy of the genius of Colin Chapman, which changed things forever as the Lotus 78 blew away everything in 1978. The all domineering Mclarens and Williams of the 80s embracing turbos, then active suspension in the early 90s, traction control, automatic gearboxes, KERS and so on.....

Frankly, I find the drivers much more interesting. The human element. From Varzi and Behra to Depaillier and Villeneuve, I always like to know what makes the driver tick. Clever as the designers are, I'd love to see 26 drivers all in equal equipment, but then F1 is as much about the team as it is the driver.

Happy reading :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Motor Racing (incl F1)”