To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ferrari fined $100,000 but German GP result stands

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Formula One and Fantasy Motor Racing Games
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Ferrari fined $100,000 but German GP result stands

Post by admin »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 852918.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Re: Ferrari fined $100,000 but German GP result stands

Post by Spencer4 »

Gosh, that'll hurt them :roll:

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

100K :?: Is that it :?: What a farce :evil:

I wanted to see Massa and Alonso fight it out to the flag but yet again, Fernando threw his toys out of the pram. If you were that much faster pal, how come you couldn't pass your team mate :?: It's that simple. Poor old Rob Smedley - you could hear the sorrow in his voice. Would have been one year to the day since Felippe had his accident, which would've been nice.

I opted not to launch the remote at the telly when Alonso starting doing his "talking hands" celebration whilst still at the cockpit. Talk about a tainted victory. Ferrari are a one man team again. For Fernando see Michael, both very guilty of manipulation but no-one should be bigger than the team and the bigwigs at Modena need to get their house in order. Who is going to want to be the Ferrari number 2 now ?

We've seen this childish behaviour before from Alonso. Firstly, on the rare occassions that Fisichella was faster than him at Renault and then at Mclaren, where he forgot to leave his pit once in qualifying, which meant that his then team mate did not have enough time to complete his qualifying lap. No probs last year because he would get his team mate to crash for him to help him win a race but if a safety car works against him, then it's boo hoo time again.

I actually felt sorry for Alonso at Silverstone but not now. Also, how can Christian Horner criticise Ferrari ? Pot and kettle. You stick to giving your Austrian, er, I mean German driver superior equipment.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

as my Dad pointed out in any other sport that would constitute race fixing and cost a lot more to the people involved than $100,000.

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

I'm hoping the FIA overturn the result.

The Jean Todt-led FIA, then :roll:

One year to the day since a lucky escape from a nasty accident, Massa deserved that win.

He's been nobbled by Alonso in the pits (twice?) and now this. The Red Bull drivers have shown they'll challenge each other, as have the McLaren duo. But Alonso is incapable of trying to make a racing pass on Massa. What a whinger he is.

Alonso and Alberto Contador crown a weekend of triumph for Spanish sports cheats.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Ferrari International Assistance are back... a fine which is small change to them won't have any impact, they should have been excluded from the race or at least given time penalties that would have changed the result.

What they did was against the rules, unlike Contador's move which was unsporting but legal (unless you're referring to him as a "cheat" in the sense of doping allegations?)

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

All the money and brains in F1 and the best "code" they can come up with is "Alonso is faster than you, do you understand" followed by Massa shortshifting down a straight to complete the move?

Laughable.

Bit like the fine really. Precedence set, for $100k you can use team orders. Sorted then.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

What's the problem?

Schummel-Schumi did the same a thousand times and the only one who complained was me........ :? :? :shock: :shock:

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

Malrom wrote:What's the problem?

Schummel-Schumi did the same a thousand times and the only one who complained was me........ :? :? :shock: :shock:
The problem is that it is now expressly forbidden by the rules.

Bunners
Dumbledore

Post by Bunners »

this is race fixing what if and i do mean what if i had £100k on massa to win, i would not be happy!!

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

Having just seen a tribute to Senna on Top Gear, it makes it all the more poignant that it would have been a comeback victory for Massa after his lucky escape.

He should leave them. I've always ignored the stink to be a Ferrari fan, but today was the last straw. No more.

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

You could all try a sport that doesn't involve watching traffic :wink:

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

el_pappje wrote:Having just seen a tribute to Senna on Top Gear, it makes it all the more poignant that it would have been a comeback victory for Massa after his lucky escape.

He should leave them. I've always ignored the stink to be a Ferrari fan, but today was the last straw. No more.
I used to worship Ferrari. Villeneuve, Alboreto, Berger, Mansell, Alesi....a scarlet Ferrari adorning number 27 was a thing of great beauty......then Schumacher, Irvine and now Alonso. Ferrari seem to have a habit of picking the most unpopular drivers these days :roll:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Was it actually Alonso's fault? The team management made the decision to ask Massa to move over, as far as I'm aware there's no evidence he was the one that requested it.

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

forestfan wrote:Was it actually Alonso's fault? The team management made the decision to ask Massa to move over, as far as I'm aware there's no evidence he was the one that requested it.
It is widely reported that after he tried and failed to overtake Massa earlier in the race he radioed the pits to say "This is ridiculous".

He clearly has an issue with keeping his toys in the pram. He would have known exactly what was going on, not the cock and bull story he came up with thinking there was a mechanical fault.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

el_pappje wrote:
Malrom wrote:What's the problem?

The problem is that it is now expressly forbidden by the rules.

Stupid rule, then :wink:

paisleypark
Grumpy Old Man

Post by paisleypark »

You do begin to wonder if there is any sport that is completely "clean" anymore.

I would worry that if I had a bet on any result in horse raciing, snooker, football, cricket, darts, formula 1 or athletics and many other sports that I could be 100% certain that the result was not tainted by something other than a fair match.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

paisleypark wrote:You do begin to wonder if there is any sport that is completely "clean" anymore.

I would worry that if I had a bet on any result in horse raciing, snooker, football, cricket, darts, formula 1 or athletics and many other sports that I could be 100% certain that the result was not tainted by something other than a fair match.
Darts....

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Surprise, surprise, Schumacher has come out and defended Ferrari :roll: :roll:

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

bluenoseyparker wrote:Surprise, surprise, Schumacher has come out and defended Ferrari :roll: :roll:
And if he didn't he'd be called a hypocrite.

At least he's honest - it's the result that matters. Given the chat on the Top Gear thread - Senna is idolised, and the epitome of gamesmanship. Schumi is vilified, and the epitome of gamesmanship. Go figure.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

el_pappje wrote:
bluenoseyparker wrote:Surprise, surprise, Schumacher has come out and defended Ferrari :roll: :roll:
And if he didn't he'd be called a hypocrite.

At least he's honest - it's the result that matters. Given the chat on the Top Gear thread - Senna is idolised, and the epitome of gamesmanship. Schumi is vilified, and the epitome of gamesmanship. Go figure.

Was anyone actually not expecting it to happen?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

el_pappje wrote:
forestfan wrote:Was it actually Alonso's fault? The team management made the decision to ask Massa to move over, as far as I'm aware there's no evidence he was the one that requested it.
It is widely reported that after he tried and failed to overtake Massa earlier in the race he radioed the pits to say "This is ridiculous".

He clearly has an issue with keeping his toys in the pram. He would have known exactly what was going on, not the cock and bull story he came up with thinking there was a mechanical fault.
I'd also imagine it is in his somehow contract about him being number 1 after the toys exitted his McLaren pram because Hamiltion beat him fair and square when Alonso wanted to be number 1.

Ferrari are actually mad, this has cost them tons of PR and they should now be revelling in the wonderful achievement of a 1-2 but they are hiding in a corner muttering things they know are untrue and that they know the world knows are untrue. How to clutch a huge defeat from the jaws of a 1-2 victory.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Motor Racing (incl F1)”