To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Telegraph 'Hit and Hope' open for business!

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Telegraph 'Hit and Hope' open for business!

Post by Fantasist »

getfunky wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 10:19 I'm hovering around 100 aswell with 10 playing & one transfer (Banton's gonna have to stay put). I'm not really sure what to do with it so I may aswell have a punt & take out Ali & put in Christian as his ownership is pretty low & we know what he can do on his day. Nothing to lose really.
I understand your logic although Moeen would be the last person I would take out (he will be my captain). If I was going on a low ownership punt, I'd probably look at Hudson-Prentice or Westley but if Christian gets to bowl and bat he can definitely deliver big points.

I'm thinking Parnell, Rampaul and perhaps Westley for some Essex cover might be my three.

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

Fantasist wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 10:25
getfunky wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 10:19 I'm hovering around 100 aswell with 10 playing & one transfer (Banton's gonna have to stay put). I'm not really sure what to do with it so I may aswell have a punt & take out Ali & put in Christian as his ownership is pretty low & we know what he can do on his day. Nothing to lose really.
I understand your logic although Moeen would be the last person I would take out (he will be my captain). If I was going on a low ownership punt, I'd probably look at Hudson-Prentice or Westley but if Christian gets to bowl and bat he can definitely deliver big points.

I'm thinking Parnell, Rampaul and perhaps Westley for some Essex cover might be my three.
Yeah it's a complete punt. I certainly wouldn't be doing it if I was higher up, he's the only player I can swap him with tho & I already have 5 Notts players so I may aswell go all in on them.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

So, here goes... best team, Bleach Boys 8, in 3rd place, has 9 playing today:

Hales
Wessels
Godleman
Delport
Moeen (c)
Reece
Gurney
Parnell
Porter

Decided to hedge my bets, with at least 2 from each team, guaranteeing 4 finalists. Although a bit nervous about Worcs chances, particularly having lost the toss, so the team feels a bit light on Notts...

Anyway, good luck, all.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

I also have 9 playing with Ali as cpt as well. 7 picks the same . The two differences are I have Madsen where you have Godleman and have Rampaul where you have porter. Just worried someone near top may cpt hales who might just do the business.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Jezza3 wrote:I also have 9 playing with Ali as cpt as well. 7 picks the same . The two differences are I have Madsen where you have Godleman and have Rampaul where you have porter. Just worried someone near top may cpt hales who might just do the business.
Ha! Great minds think alike!

My 2 transfer debates this morning were Wessels vs Madsen and Porter vs Rampaul. Decided against Rampaul as one report I read said he was an injury doubt.

Let’s hope Godleman and Porter do the business! :-)

Ugh. Moeen has just gone...

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Yes Moeen not good. Probably brings into play those from further back who may have captained Delport Bopara etc to try to make up ground as well as Hales. Can’t see Worcester making final now

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

I was seriously considering Reece captain this morning, as a differential. Great form in the midweek championship matches and I fancy Derbys against Essex (Essex bowling looks thin without Amir & Zampa).

Ah well. Moeen could still do the business with the ball...

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Yes I also fancy derby. Already had Reece and Rampaul and brought Madsen in instead of Essex player so if an Essex notts final will only have 3 playing. Doubt many will have lots of Essex unless they were plentiful with transfers as most would have gone lancs heavy in quarters. Not looking good for Worcester now.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

That went rapidly 8-) downhill for Worcestershire :(

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Whiteley helping a bit but too little too late I think.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Think that’s you and me out of it Rob. Must be someone in top 10 captained Hales. It was a toss up between Hales and Ali for me but leading it felt Ali was the most obvious even though thought more likely Notts would win.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Just as I speak . Well done Moeen . Still some hope

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Unbelievable finish!!

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Phew unbelievable . What an amazing summer of cricket

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Well done Rapids, they pulled that back out of nowhere. I had more of them (and captain) than from any other team, so good from that point of view too.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Fantasist wrote:Well done Rapids, they pulled that back out of nowhere. I had more of them (and captain) than from any other team, so good from that point of view too.
Yep, 3 Worcs for me in the final now. Although Parnell looking more likely to be minus points! :)

In the other game, Rampaul is fit - damn!

Still can’t believe how Worcs managed to win that one. What a ridiculous game cricket is!

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

So nothing much for either Godleman or Madsen. Looks like I’m reliant on Essex winning and Porter picking up a few wickets along the way (unlikely, given the slowness of the wicket).

Jezza - not counting any chickens, but, at this stage, I’m liking us for 1st and 2nd, unless Bopara goes crazy...

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Not as optimistic as you. Someone further down could have captained Delport who could go crazy.Think I’d just favour your position to mine. With Rampaul wicket must be about 100 ahead of you but you just need an Essex win and about 3 porter wickets from his 6 remaining overs. Very likely to get some bowling at death

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Jezza3 wrote:Not as optimistic as you. Someone further down could have captained Delport who could go crazy.Think I’d just favour your position to mine. With Rampaul wicket must be about 100 ahead of you but you just need an Essex win and about 3 porter wickets from his 6 remaining overs. Very likely to get some bowling at death
Nah, Porter won’t get another bowl in the semi. I guess floodlights + dew in the final could make a difference...

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Nice one guys. I am also hovering around 100th with 10 playing today. No Banton replacement either. Captain Mo!Only got one Essex player, the freak that is Delport, seriously where was this form when at Leicester. Not sure how Notts managed to lose that game earlier.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Phew you were right Rob. Think you would need 3 for porter plus both bonuses to overtake me but could happen and who knows what the guy in second is doing. Be nervously waiting for update no matter what happens from hear.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Jezza3 wrote:Phew you were right Rob. Think you would need 3 for porter plus both bonuses to overtake me but could happen and who knows what the guy in second is doing. Be nervously waiting for update no matter what happens from hear.
B0ll0cks - Porter dropped for the final. Well played, Jezza - that’s me out of contention.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Hard luck Rob. All luck involved when you get to this stage. When I won it two years ago think it was all down to one Jake Ball wicket. Hope you hang on for a second or third place.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Jezza3 wrote:Hard luck Rob. All luck involved when you get to this stage. When I won it two years ago think it was all down to one Jake Ball wicket. Hope you hang on for a second or third place.
Btw, from what I could vaguely work out from the quarters, the team in 2nd was heavier on Gloucs than Derbys (probably Klinger captained in the last quarter)...although of course might have had extra transfers to play with this morning...

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Team that was 5th pipped us both. He must have had Harmer as thought I’d had a good enough day to hang on. Still 2nd not too disappointing and won a couple of leagues so should get back over 800. Congrats on the 3rd Rob.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Jezza3 wrote:Team that was 5th pipped us both. He must have had Harmer as thought I’d had a good enough day to hang on. Still 2nd not too disappointing and won a couple of leagues so should get back over 800. Congrats on the 3rd Rob.
Commiserations, Jezza - I also thought you had it. Cruel to be just 20-odd short. But I guess as the last 2 champions, we ought to give someone else a chance! :-)

If the winner did go Harmer, hats off to him. Harmer was nowhere near my list, despite his great form in the championship.

I’m pretty happy with 3rd plus a few league prizes, so about £380 up. Well done on your 2nd. And, naturally, Fiso cleaned up again in the league of leagues.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”