To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Telegraph Fantasy World Cup Game!

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Telegraph Fantasy World Cup Game!

Post by Jezza3 »

Plenty of options for massive gains or losses still. I had a team top 10 that almost dropped out of top 100 in 3 matches after 3 disastrous/unlucky capt changes. Nail the next 3 it could well be back in top 10.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

not too sure about KP nut criticism https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id ... n-weakness but must admit that when i saw morgan interviewed saying words to the effect of 'we will be resting players soon' i thought complacency and lack of respect for oppo.

not having hales in the squad as back up has really come home to roost, losing roy was a serious blow as even a 30/40/50 from him allows other players more of a bedding in time when chasing, due to the required run rate being reduced.

hopefully we are not left with just fantasy teams to follow come the semis but roy would add a certain steel to the dressing room as well as his on pitch skills.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Today’s game is huge for England.

A Pakistan win would likely mean England needing to win both remaining games.

Hopefully Roy back in will give them a boost.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

S-F QF odds

Aussies nailed it
India 1/200
NZ 1/20
Engerland 4/5
Pakistan 6/5
Bangladesh 8/1
SL 22/1
WI 66/1

we were about 8/15 last night, if he is going to rest anyone vince may be a good call ;)

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

Not sure about England’s chances now, but you’ve got a fair stack of sides lined up Andy, waiting to pounce 8-)

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

well the india game is a coin toss really so we look good again if winning but pretty sick if losing, roy of the sloggers makes a big difference.

yeah for now i have a decent presence but can change quite quick, first nick & nick in charlotte's clothing were dominating then you then steve then richard mcnamara, so been spread around a bit.

i probably have less teams than you guys (14) but tend to be extremely boring and keep them fairly similar, every time i do something slightly different with the ones just in behind they catch up, so i am obviously clueless in 1st picks!

we get a reshuffle anyways come the semis and extra trannies but hopefully england make it, if not i fear leaving out hales (who's face didn't seem to fit as well as stokes) may have cost us ultimately.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

I really can’t see anyone from the South African or Sri Lankan teams who I want to bring in today. May sit this one out.

(A quick check of the stats tables confirms my feelings - of the top scorers in the game so far, the best from either team is Chris Morris, who scrapes in in 20th place!)

In theory, it would be a Du Plessis day, but he’s been in pretty horrible form...

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

56 average in 2019 and 6th in the ODI rankings, his form isn't that bad. He has just not had much chance in the world cup with only 5 innings at an average of 38

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

Yes, I’ve thought Du Plessis has looked pretty good, just hasn’t had the big one. Today again, looks like best he can hope for is a 20 or 30 not out as things stand.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Edmondson wrote:Yes, I’ve thought Du Plessis has looked pretty good, just hasn’t had the big one. Today again, looks like best he can hope for is a 20 or 30 not out as things stand.
30 points just from catches already! Maybe I should’ve brought him in after all! :-). Although, given Sri Lanka’s uselessness, not many batting points on offer...

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

200 from Sri Lanka more that I thought they’d get.

Never know now, an early wicket and Du Plessis might come out swinging like a rusty gate wanting to get the job done without having to worry about the actual result too much.

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

Here is his opportunity, and with 170 left to get and Amla very pedestrian so far in this world cup he could get a decent score. Or he could be out for 5

Darkish
Treebeard
FS Record: Hit the top 50k this year in FPL

Post by Darkish »

I captained Du Plessis for today's game as well. I'm always pleased when my batsmen get a run do don't get a minus 20, anything else is a bonus :P

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Darkish wrote:I captained Du Plessis for today's game as well. I'm always pleased when my batsmen get a run do don't get a minus 20, anything else is a bonus :P
Looking good so far and starting to get painful for those of us who did nothing...

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

can't pick a cpn at the mo, suspect a few others may be suffering too!

i feel a bit like england must at the mo!

roll on and hopefully over india :lol:

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

It was indeed impossible today, but from the points, everyone suffered. Your were unlucky with Karunaratne yesterday , I was very close to doing the same.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

with the structure of the leading team i put karunaratne in it was a bit of a 'no brainer' with his form and du plessis seemingly down at 4 and batting second would have been my pick even without the extra fixture due to the following day being a captain switch.

you just have to 'suck it up' sometimes. might be frustrating but them's the breaks, easier to just accept it. odd dismissal all the same!

more frustrating was the downtime that never seemed to materialise! i made my changes the night before and it likely made no difference, won't be doing the same this time around so no bounds what access we may have tomorrow!

still a way to go in the fantasy game even if england don't last as long ;)

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

The final straight to the end of the pool matches appears to be very thick mud indeed.

My best team took a Fakhar Zaman 2nd ball duck having stuck him in by accident :o

Hoping England can get the batting going tomorrow, the bowling attack’s for India & Australia look the main factors in this tournament so far, if England can somehow bring their A game to score big against either of those two, I don’t see them being able to match England’s runs with their batting line ups. But I’m just not sure if that England batting is good enough to deal with Bumrah, Shami, Chahal...

Looking forward to 11 changes this time next week and some fresh transfers 8-)

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

Ouch. I do think the bonus/punishment is all wrong in the game. Getting 0 is bad in itself, compounding it with -20 is nasty. Similarly giving +20 for a century isn't needed. Same with 4 wickets, why should there be a bonus? It is its own reward isn't it?

A bonus should be for the things that dont get points that should, a low economy, absolutely, a fast scoring rate, yes again.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Gayle today? Last game, nothing to lose, records to break... FOMO! :-)

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

robgraham wrote:Gayle today? Last game, nothing to lose, records to break... FOMO! :-)
FFS! Spoke too soon. Out for 7 to the worst bowling attack in the tournament. What a shocker he’s had. Clearly one tournament too many and already mentally retired...

irtysh
Treebeard

Post by irtysh »

robgraham wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 10:52
robgraham wrote:Gayle today? Last game, nothing to lose, records to break... FOMO! :-)
FFS! Spoke too soon. Out for 7 to the worst bowling attack in the tournament. What a shocker he’s had. Clearly one tournament too many and already mentally retired...
I thought Afghanistan’s bowling attack was pretty decent over the course of the World Cup tbf. Spin attack of Mujeeb, Nabi and R. Khan is top class - Rashid didn’t bowl great but the other two were generally very good. Would take Mujeeb over most of the spinners in the other teams, but just my opinion. Agree about Gayle mind.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

12345678 wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 23:19
Edmondson wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 20:47 Just watched that Steve Smith lbw. His numbers have him up there with Kohli, Root and Williamson as the ‘big 4’, but he really is a village green hacker. That shot was an absolute disgrace. But fairly typical of his agricultural leg side game. Ugly player.
we will have to disagree about smith.

whilst he hasn't been a good pick in this for a few reasons - both openers firing and eating up the overs, khawaja mainly being used at 3, not used as a bit part bowler - i think going in at the end simply isn't his game. he is someone who gets high totals consistently like those you mention, the way things have turned out he has been asked to bat in a position that the likes of pandiya and maxwell would outshine the names above.

against better oppo when the openers dont have it all their own way you get to see him for what he is, that simply hasn't happened in this event to date.
Had a decent chance of a bat today, but played another trademark bullshit shot across the line and got done lbw. Don’t get me wrong he has an exceptional eye and his numbers back that up, but his technique stinks. Seems bizarre he can’t address such an obviously flaw. An ugly batter.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

well i pretty much avoided smith today, deciding at the last minute to bring in finch & captain him in my best team instead of my pencilled in warner, which hurt a bit ;)

it's now the 3rd placed team.

to be honest i thought it was almost a coin toss, warner marginally better for likely runs scored but finch with a chance of an over or two and more likely to hit sixes & achieve run rate +10 bonus.

think i got it right but so very badly wrong :lol:

i doubt this was more than 55/45 in either direction but the consequences were painful!

mind you the team now in 2nd with some fuzzy thinking (having warner & finch already) i had pencilled in smith or stoinis and came to my sense with SA batting first and no amla that du plessis was obvious.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

a boult from the blue suddenly making this look more interesting with NZ now odds on to make the final.

regardless of any fantasy interest was pleased to see this finished today rather than some stupid 20 over D/L, surely they should keep it to 50 over or make the semis and finals at grounds in the south.

hopefully the daftness of having a reserve day but forsaking it for a 20 over slog won't happen now anyways.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Telegraph Fantasy World Cup Game!

Post by Maldini »

Agreed. What’s the point in having a reserve day if you’re going to resort to a 15 over slog first. Barmy.

India looking Outdia.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

unless dhoni & jadeja perform some kind of minor miracle i can see a lot of transfer burning tomorrow :lol:

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

Loving this from England.

Hopefully see it home now in style 8-)

I’d gone all in on England in my fantasy teams, seemed only option when flipping out Indians.

Andy - how are your best sides looking?

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

well looks like a 4 way go in fantasy terms, would be a shocker if someone won it from outside of the top 4.

i have a chance like everyone in the top 4 including yourself but unsurprisingly i won't be saying what my chances are, although i am quite happy to post my line up shortly after the game starts on sunday,

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

Yep, agree. Well done on securing back top spot ahead of the final :)

5th has an outside chance, but would think 1 to 4 would have it covered. Also in a tense final, not expecting 350+, but if England bat first, you never know, so harder to make up the ground.

Certainly lots of options for Captain, could foresee a scenario where Top 4 all have different picks.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”