To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Telegraph Fantasy World Cup Game!

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Dumbledore

Re: Telegraph Fantasy World Cup Game!

Post by 12345678 »

Edmondson wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 20:47 Just watched that Steve Smith lbw. His numbers have him up there with Kohli, Root and Williamson as the ‘big 4’, but he really is a village green hacker. That shot was an absolute disgrace. But fairly typical of his agricultural leg side game. Ugly player.
we will have to disagree about smith.

whilst he hasn't been a good pick in this for a few reasons - both openers firing and eating up the overs, khawaja mainly being used at 3, not used as a bit part bowler - i think going in at the end simply isn't his game. he is someone who gets high totals consistently like those you mention, the way things have turned out he has been asked to bat in a position that the likes of pandiya and maxwell would outshine the names above.

against better oppo when the openers dont have it all their own way you get to see him for what he is, that simply hasn't happened in this event to date.

Darkish
Treebeard
FS Record: Hit the top 50k this year in FPL

Post by Darkish »

ronny10 wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 21:16 Yeah that's what I thought, I have 6 england players tomorrow so see how it looks after that
Good luck today. As well as making inspired captain choices, I think it is time you bring in some Indian players tomorrow. They will have two games more to play than several other teams and still to play some of the weaker sides.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Darkish wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 07:54
ronny10 wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 21:16 Yeah that's what I thought, I have 6 england players tomorrow so see how it looks after that
Good luck today. As well as making inspired captain choices, I think it is time you bring in some Indian players tomorrow. They will have two games more to play than several other teams and still to play some of the weaker sides.
It's already planned, 1000 pts would be helpful today or is that too much to ask :lol:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

This doesn't bode well for a big scoring day, needed England to bat first. Was torn between Archer and Root for captain, I've gone Root in the hope SL posted a half decent total.

Not looking good now

Maldini
Dumbledore

Telegraph Fantasy World Cup Game!

Post by Maldini »

England could be struggling to qualify for semi finals if, as it looks, they lose this one.

India, Australia and New Zealand to play. :shock:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, being exposed as flat-track bullies here.

One win out of three with good NRR might be enough (I think Stokes is playing for that right now), but it’s wide open now if someone else hits a streak of form.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

That said, Sri Lanka are doing their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Good stuff from Stokes.

02bburco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by 02bburco »

Interesting, if you took the best XI based on points so far, with top scorer captained, you would be on 5633 without using any transfers or changes, leaders only on 6721, says a lot of people are guessing wrong capt wise.

Any thoughts on games vulnerable to the weather? Im guessing the capt every day bit is running a little thin by now.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

02bburco wrote: 22 Jun 2019, 00:47 Interesting, if you took the best XI based on points so far, with top scorer captained, you would be on 5633 without using any transfers or changes, leaders only on 6721, says a lot of people are guessing wrong capt wise.

Any thoughts on games vulnerable to the weather? Im guessing the capt every day bit is running a little thin by now.
Can do two captains tomorrow :D

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

02bburco wrote:Interesting, if you took the best XI based on points so far, with top scorer captained, you would be on 5633 without using any transfers or changes, leaders only on 6721, says a lot of people are guessing wrong capt wise.
I know it’s stating the obvious, but there’s a large amount of pure luck in the game. Every match has at least 2-3 equally valid captain choices - eg. just considering batsmen (and it’s certainly not only a batsmen’s game), Bairstow vs Roy vs Root? Warner vs Finch vs Smith? Sharma vs Dhawan vs Kohli? You roll the dice! Most games will have only one of the above scoring big...

Then you factor in double-duck points (eg. Bairstow yesterday, Gayle), injuries (eg. Roy a couple of games ago), games where the openers go crazy so #3 doesn’t even get a bat, etc. And I’m surprised the leaders are doing so well!!

Again probably stating the obvious, but the real skill comes in deciding when to hold back transfers and skip a game...weighing up whether transferring for a 3-for-1 is a better idea than keeping that transfer for a 1-game captain...reacting to the weather forecasts and ground conditions. Oh, and being available between 10 and 10.30 every bleedin’ day to change tactics based on the toss! (Hard work for those of us in full time employment!)

Enjoy! :-)

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Agree with the above. Anyone around the top, presumably still has another 10-15 decisions to “get right” across remainder of group phase. If they don’t, they’ll run out of captains, either way a 500+ point swing can happen pretty quickly.

The flip side of being in full time work and struggling to react at 10-10:30am every day, is having India win the toss and bat against weakest team on a glorious day and a decent batting strip, on a weekend, where you’re sat in front of the tellly.

Indian block anyone? 8-)

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Edmondson wrote:India win the toss and bat against weakest team on a glorious day and a decent batting strip, on a weekend, where you’re sat in front of the tellly.

Indian block anyone? 8-)
Ha! Sharma fluffs it! There’s another 50-50 decision that many of us will have got wrong...

Darkish
Treebeard

Post by Darkish »

When I go to transfer a batsman (cpt) to an allrounder the captain box goes blank. If I fill in the captaincy box to the allrounder, do I lose a captaincy transfer in addition to the player transfer?

As a rule of thumb what is a transfer and captaincy transfer worth? I'd guess about 50 for a captaincy and 100 for a transfer. Any idea of a reasonable number left my four teams range from 8/5 to 4/5. Since we started with 25/10 and are 2/3s the way through then 8/4 is roughly a good marker. Do we think most players are around this mark (or higher/lower).

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

My best team 5548pts before today has 10 transfers and 4 captains left.

I found with the transfer of a batsmen to an all rounder that if I was doing other transfers at the same time then it brought up the issue you said, what I did was reset and just do that single transfer first then did others after.

It seemed to swap correctly that way!

Darkish
Treebeard

Post by Darkish »

Thanks. My best team is 5904 with 4/5 transfers. I mainly play for the mini tournaments as the field is only 10 so have a fighting chance.

The issue is with only one transfer. I take out my batsman change the formation so I can have two all rounders and select an all rounder but then have no captain selected. If I select my new allrounder as captain do I lose a captaincy change transfer?

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

If you replace your captain, whoever you replace him with then becomes your new captain, regardless of what their positions are.

Darkish
Treebeard

Post by Darkish »

get_on_my_cocker wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 20:58 If you replace your captain, whoever you replace him with then becomes your new captain, regardless of what their positions are.
Thanks and good to know.

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

And I meant to add, it doesn't cost you a captain change.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

Is every man and his dog on Shakib Captain today :?:

Tomorrow is a huge clash, Eng v Australia, the loser looking over their shoulder at Pakistan or Bangladesh making a surge for 4th spot. Also a nightmare game for captain selection :x

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

rashid khan showing 'improvement' with only -10 for his bowling today :lol:

not sure edmo re shakib x2 in every team, if you are running low on captain changes rather than transfers you may have given him a miss or looking to play catch up with the likes of naib, but yeah 90% of the leaderboard i guess.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I've had naib in my teams from the start, no captain change today though

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

91pts and climbing, not captaining may have been an error :roll:

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Edmondson wrote:Is every man and his dog on Shakib Captain today :?:
Oh yes! :-). What a star! 422 points, and counting, a decent return for one player...

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

I would be very surprised to see 90% of the leaderboard with Shakib as captain. I would fancy at least half to be running very short on transfers. A lot of sides will be dropping like stones over the rest of the matches.
(Written before leaderboard update)

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

the words 'crossed' and 'fingers' spring to mind, not necessarily in that order :lol:

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

It seems wrong that Warner scores more for his 166 than Shakib gets for a 5 fer + half century :( .

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

he didn't he got the same for them.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

idea wrote: 24 Jun 2019, 18:37 I would be very surprised to see 90% of the leaderboard with Shakib as captain. I would fancy at least half to be running very short on transfers. A lot of sides will be dropping like stones over the rest of the matches.
(Written before leaderboard update)
50th place went up 366, so seems the number was between 50-90, probably nearer 90 though. 75 maybe?

somewhere in between anyways.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

The top 2 teams didn’t play the Shakib captain card, so has closed up a bit.

There must be about a dozen options for tomorrow, including no captain, so could be some swings on the leaderboard if someone does nail a big one whilst several other decent options fail miserably.

Would dearly love to see England put the Aussies away convincingly. 8-)

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

Yep, but 5 out of the top 10 yesterday did not, which where it really counts. Your fingers being crossed works.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”