To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC 2019

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
oldandfat
Cheetah
FS Record: Poor

Re: TFC 2019

Post by oldandfat »

New to the board. Poor record in TFC (one top 100 finish) and interested to find what tactics people recommend?
Go for a cheap keeper?
Select a core and transfer in and out others as and when?
Try to get 11 players in every CC match? Does that not blast through transfers?
Etc.

Cheers

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Hi Gents

Looking to get involved in the TFC this year, is there an idiots guide to read somewhere or would anyone mind sharing a few pointers?

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Don’t have tooo much in the way of tactics myself although I never tend to have the same players in more than one team but that’s not necessarily a good tactic. Mainly try to get 11 players out there each week. Look out for players in form. Look for players with a good run of fixtures.

Disappointed the early bird offer is only for 3 teams or 10 teams. No way I can manage ten teams or more, but three isn’t enough over 3 separate games. Would have liked a 5/6 team option like in previous seasons.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

The one day aspect of TFC is a lottery - don't waste transfers chasing points in the London Cup!

redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Post by redmen82 »

Any advice on how to use transfers and captain picks

Bill Carr
Kevin and Perry

Post by Bill Carr »

Best advice I can give is to prepare - have a look at the fixtures at the start of the season and don't get caught out by players in the IPL or for example not having a fixture the first week. I've never really nailed a strategy for transfers with the One Day Cup so don't want to pass on bad advice!

I think planning is key though so you're not wasting transfers undoing players not playing.

Oh, and my advice is stay away from England internationals - they're expensive and you know you'll need to transfer them out after a game or two.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Make sure you always have a captain playing. Remember you can transfer your captain and the incoming player automatically takes over as head honcho - saves a captain change.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

I have 4 teams this year and will try to keep a core of 8 players and dabble with 3 hunches.

I don't take it too seriously though so this is probably rubbish advice and you'll end up below me.

Checking the weather is definately a good idea and go to cricinfo or the bbc sites. Hopefully by 10.30 ish they will have the teams up this year. I guess that twitter thingie is also handy if you sneak into the loo at work.

redmen82
FISOhead

Post by redmen82 »

Thanks for the advice

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

Jester wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 19:47 Make sure you always have a captain playing. Remember you can transfer your captain and the incoming player automatically takes over as head honcho - saves a captain change.
I've not played for a while so I might be mistaken but if you have the captaincy on an all rounder & you transfer in a batsmen, the batsmen wont inherit the captaincy, is that correct? It's something to be careful of if so. I'm pretty sure I've made that mistake in the past.

redmen82
FISOhead

Post by redmen82 »

First draft is this. Any advice

Cook
Kuhn
Duckett
Lee's

Brown
Podmore
Coughlin
Overton
Robinson

Raine
Van beek

I went for 2 all rounders as they seem good value.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Not bad.

Lees lost form last year, but may be rejuvenated with move to Durham and captaincy.

Which Coughlin? or Overton for that matter! Overtons subject to rotation and not sure they play in all the one dayers. Never heard of van Beek, so maybe a bit of a punt. You want to ensure you are picking people likely to play, so you won't burn transfers early.

Worth keeping an eye on who is playing in the warm-up fixtures, though note that some will be replaced as the more established or overseas players return to starting line-ups. I see a few big scores around already.

You'll find there's a lot less sharing of strategy & tactics on here than the football forums - fewer players, more serious players going for prizes (myself excluded)!

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Looks like a team plucked from the upper regions when you sort by ‘most picked’.

Take it from me, it’s not a good tactic. Used it myself.

Quite a lot of people playing do this and it skews what are actually good picks.
Don’t get me wrong, some of those are up there on merit but there are a few who shouldn’t be.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Good to see this back again, always enjoyable (ok, not when your captain ducks, rain affects play, team news isn't known, you're stuck at work etc).

Will need to look over some of these players and assemble a couple of teams.

P.S. What happened to ooozzzie, can I ask? I hope he's doing OK. Anyway, good luck to all.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Just a reminder that the early bird offer expires at 11am tomorrow...

- Early Bird Offer: 10 teams for £20 (£2 per team - 75% off) EXPIRES 11am Friday, March 29

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/fantasy-spo ... urnaments/

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

getfunky wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 22:32
Jester wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 19:47 Make sure you always have a captain playing. Remember you can transfer your captain and the incoming player automatically takes over as head honcho - saves a captain change.
I've not played for a while so I might be mistaken but if you have the captaincy on an all rounder & you transfer in a batsmen, the batsmen wont inherit the captaincy, is that correct? It's something to be careful of if so. I'm pretty sure I've made that mistake in the past.

I don't think so but could be wrong - hopefully others know for sure. I thought the replacement player always took on the captaincy in this scenario.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Jester wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 19:35
getfunky wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 22:32

I don't think so but could be wrong - hopefully others know for sure. I thought the replacement player always took on the captaincy in this scenario.
I had some issues last year.

When transferring an all rounder captain to a batter or vice versa, the player coming in did not automatically become captain. But when I made that player captain I didn't lose a captain change. Problem was when making many transfers including the captain, I'd and up losing a captain change as well. To get around this, I simply confirmed my captain transfer first, and once that was successful, made the other transfers.

The other issue was on mobile. I had a few teams, and it always showed the previous team when I viewed my team. To get around this, I'd click on the team I wanted to view from the summary screen (which showed the previous team), skip back to the summary menu, and click on that team again to actually show the team.

Also, this year, when viewing other peoples teams, I can only see 10 players, rather than 11.
Last edited by Waikikamukau on 29 Mar 2019, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Fatbellywobblebottom wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 10:07
Waikikamukau wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 16:23 Did any of the Century League winners from last year get their free credit :?:

Not yet but they usually add later from memory.
Looks like I have an extra credit which I'm assuming is from century league :D

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

redmen82 wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 22:34

The value is in the bowlers. There's only so many wickets they can take, which are shared around the whole team. They're limited to the number of points they score, yet will always take wickets, so score steady unspectacular points. Bowlers also get clobbered in the short format games which start early this year. Last year I picked value bowlers (Robinson and Fletcher were rated 3's, Brookes and Hammond 1's with the later opening the batting :D ) and saving budget for batsmen who can potentially score an unlimited number of runs. There's always loads of centuries, double tons and 300+ is not unheard of. Extra points too in the one day cup games for run scoring milestones. To counter this huge points scoring potential of batters, there's a minus twenty penalty for a duck....which brings me to all rounders...there's a few standouts...but on the whole they score less, as generally they are all bowlers subject to minus 20 for a duck :!:

The other thing is to pick players who bat at 1,2,3 or 4 and make one of them captain :idea: They see more balls, so have the potential to make huge scores. Especially in the limited overs games where the number of balls is ...well...limited. Your typical all rounder bats at 6,7 and 8 and have few and many cases no opportunity to make runs.

That being said, van Beek looks super value at 4 and hopefully this seasons Henry :D

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

Very interesting and useful - thanks wkamc!

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

To counter that, and not saying it's right given my spectacular lack of success over the years, 9 batsmen vs. 9 all-rounders vs. 13 bowlers passed 1,500 points last year. There's an argument for picking batsmen who play in all formats (agree, top order, though openers may be more likely to quack) and sticking with them, then switching bowlers around based on rotation, format (CC vs. ODI), pitch conditions, etc.

Having a hard time finding a lot of value picks at the moment, i.e. those <5 pts but who will play a lot of games. Seems like more value in the batsmen but some keen pricing from TFC this year.

See Hammond is still there as a bowler, though up in value.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Hi all great that tfc is back. Personally I think one needs to be very flexible with regard to selection and would look to rotate more according to fixtures/weather/form etc than over worry whether it is a bowler batter or allrounder. The championship game is different to the t20 where it has usually seemed sensible to try to keep fairly constant bowlers and just rotate the big hitters. Think it’s also quite useful if possible to not use the whole budget initially as if one can keep a touch in the bank there is greater flexibility with transfers when needed but we all can have different strategies and can’t be sure how things will pan out.

beedeeaitch
Treebeard

Post by beedeeaitch »

I know they're playing a University match but I reckon Duckett may make it in to a few more teams now..... :shock:

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

beedeeaitch wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 15:18 I know they're playing a University match but I reckon Duckett may make it in to a few more teams now..... :shock:
Really wish I'd gone today - looks like it was entertaining!
Worcester visiting on Friday - I'll be at that one all being well.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Waikikamukau wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 10:41
redmen82 wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 22:34

The value is in the bowlers. There's only so many wickets they can take, which are shared around the whole team. They're limited to the number of points they score, yet will always take wickets, so score steady unspectacular points. Bowlers also get clobbered in the short format games which start early this year. Last year I picked value bowlers (Robinson and Fletcher were rated 3's, Brookes and Hammond 1's with the later opening the batting :D ) and saving budget for batsmen who can potentially score an unlimited number of runs. There's always loads of centuries, double tons and 300+ is not unheard of. Extra points too in the one day cup games for run scoring milestones. To counter this huge points scoring potential of batters, there's a minus twenty penalty for a duck....which brings me to all rounders...there's a few standouts...but on the whole they score less, as generally they are all bowlers subject to minus 20 for a duck :!:

The other thing is to pick players who bat at 1,2,3 or 4 and make one of them captain :idea: They see more balls, so have the potential to make huge scores. Especially in the limited overs games where the number of balls is ...well...limited. Your typical all rounder bats at 6,7 and 8 and have few and many cases no opportunity to make runs.

That being said, van Beek looks super value at 4 and hopefully this seasons Henry :D
Cool work man - NZ is full of chilled out boys and girls. Might see you sometime - just got the 10 year passport through - time to leave.

oldandfat
Cheetah
FS Record: Poor

Post by oldandfat »

Really struggling for a keeper!
Help, please...

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

oldandfat wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 16:37 Really struggling for a keeper!
Help, please...
Tom Moores, Ben Brown, Adam Wheater all decent shouts. Alex Davies as well although he is a bit more expensive and doesn’t play this first week

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I’d have liked to have picked young Tattersall at Yorkshire but they’ve not got him as a keeper for some reason.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Bluearmy16 wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 21:20
oldandfat wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 16:37 Really struggling for a keeper!
Help, please...
Tom Moores, Ben Brown, Adam Wheater all decent shouts. Alex Davies as well although he is a bit more expensive and doesn’t play this first week
I'm in the same boat about what keeper to pick :!: Have narrowed it down to two or four :D

Last year I picked up on here...loads of people didn't t like spending money on wicket keepers :!: , and they don't waste *any* transfers on keepers :!: So last year I went with Ben Brown ...who was 4...and noticed how well Davies, Kuhn, and Vilas were doing. They all batted 1,2,3 or 4.Sussex had a gap in fixtures so ended up swapping most Browns to one of those three who, apart from Davies, all ended up with more points after :D

This year, my first choice(s) would be Kuhn :D . He's been rated an 8 batter. So, I'm thinking either Ollie Pope (8) :D , or Vilas(7) :D again, even though neither play the first week, they all bat up the order and excel at the short format games which start in a few weeks :D Vilas has been made captain this year, so I'm tending towards him, and he's 1 cheaper than Pope :!:

Cheaper options, I looked at were Harry Swindells (1 at Leicester, but Lewis Hill looks first choice and he's rated 3 batter); Tom Lace (2 on loan from Middlesex, who'll cover and get a few games as a batter) and Harvey Hosein (3 :D ) both at Derbyshire; and Lewis McManus (3) :?: at Hampshire.

Hosein ....I'm probably saying it wrong.... I say it like the Chinese Duck.... rather than someone....from...well...Derby ;-)...anyway,...this guy's a proper keeper...glove works amazing :D ... and plays proper shots when batting...so very few ducks...and fewer sixes too.....tonnes of fours though....big tons pre-season too....stumpings and catchers galore :D ..... Chinese...Derbynese.... or otherwise-shire....well worth a look at 3 :D

McManus on the other hand is risky. The guy is super good...sent Wheater back to Essex.... and Wheater had to play second fiddle to Foster .....all I'm going to say is Lewis had a schoker last year..and seems to be playing second fiddle to Tom Alsop...I hope Lewis gets back to his best.......He's possibly the best keeper in England.

So I guess my choices are: Vilas :D , Pope :D , Hosien :D and McManus :?: ... in that order :D

Hope that helps

Churrr Bros :D

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

I wouldn’t necessarily put anyone off Vilas but Davies has been keeping in the pre season matches for Lancashire (although Vilas hasn’t been available thus far). Davies is a much better keeper and will probably open in the 50 over competition.

The issue for Davies last season was the injury from the season before impacting on his ability to keep wicket on a regular basis. I have no idea whether he has fully recovered or not but there’s enough doubt over the position at OT to stop me going for either - I’m in the Hosein camp at Derbyshire I think.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”