To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Re: New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

Post by Black caviar »

Fatbellywobblebottom wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 09:48
Ducks Deluxe wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 08:26 Ahh...Lions chaos...cutting across two games....my worst team ,in terms of transfers,loses three players...gulp!

DD...
They havent selected a Lions squad - just 'cut & pasted' most of my teams :shock:
Never looked, another cock up! Coming and goings lions games. People called up who won’t play,so difficult this year! Dropped bollock cheers if only I knew! Cheers

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Like an idiot, I forgot to make Bess captain today. I have a feeling this is one that I will be regretting later as he has made a good start with the bat and still has to bowl today.

Gurney is here with the Notts squad to do some extra fitness work, and says the RLODC QF is probably about a week too early for him. However, they are trying to push him through a bit quicker to see if he can cope with the fixture. Sounds like he is going to be about 50/50 on that.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Not many points for me today I am afraid. Too many Notts ducks 🦆

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Think my weekly had a good day we will see later but should be up there I think. Better than Glos and England anyway

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Ooozzzie,you had a very fine day...fifth,I believe ?

Does anyone know if Griffiths has broken down? Only four overs,I think...

Best to all, DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Yes weekly doing ok so here we go again got a chance for sure, today has to be good though, as only bits and bobs left on 4th day,then the one day cup of course. Am in Worcester today for races and as long as I don't lose loads will get ticket for Sunday semi final tomorrow morning before going home.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Went to Wantage yesterday - took 2 months, but probably Northants' best CC day of the season.

Griffiths okay i think, Raine and Abbas bowled very well early doors so probably limited his overs.

Resolute effort from Wakely, as the bowling was tight, hopefully see out a session or so more today.

Newton could barely walk after a strain and it took ages for Duckett to come out as his runner - no doubt half way home to watch Love Island.

Also amused that Cotton wears Levi's shirt. Such a trim bunch.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

In other news, niggle for Crane, scan this week - http://www.espn.com/cricket/story/_/id/ ... -back-pain

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Yes Duckett does seem to tweet about Love Island more than most things. You just get the impression from his twitter feed he don't really care less, I am sure that's probably not true, but that's my impression.

Aztek
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Aztek »

Stupid question, but where is Stone for Warks this round? Was in teh squad after playing some 50 over stuff, now missing! I only just put him in to a few teams and he's costing me dear as i should have gone for the other cheapie from Warks!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Aztek wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 17:55 Stupid question, but where is Stone for Warks this round? Was in teh squad after playing some 50 over stuff, now missing! I only just put him in to a few teams and he's costing me dear as i should have gone for the other cheapie from Warks!
Think he just missed out on selection which yes unlucky as he got 4 wickets at the weekend. It was probably between him and Brookes and they went for Brookes. Poysden has done well, so be interesting to see who plays next game, but wouldn't bank on it being Stone. Unless anyone knows about an injury or any other news.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

I assumed that Brookes would be the one rotated so I took him out and think he was dropped for one game a while back

It's annoying but I'm not going to blow a transfer getting him back in - yet

Another foolish ditching was Potter 😞 his injury wasn't too serious. Really need to get him back though

Looking forward to the football world cup so I can spaz that up too ☺

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

I reckon Stone was rested/rotated or may got a knock given his appalling injury record. He would normally get in there best 11, better bowler than Chris Wright I would say.

Big win for Essex today, and for the mighty foxes!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Just looking at his record he played in all 9 London Cup games, so he has been rested almost certain.

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

ooozzzie wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 21:56 Just looking at his record he played in all 9 London Cup games, so he has been rested almost certain.
Rested, Stone, Barker and Wright are very fragile machines! They are all very unlucky, they do get a lot of injuries. I think, he was definitely rested, Warwickshire are top, Brookes looked top drawer the other day, I hope he plays the next two! Good rest between games now, if I was their coach, Stone, Barker, Wright, Brookes would play the next two games. If they win tomorrow, and the next two games they are in a great position to win the league! Good look men, hope you win the weekly this week! Cheers BC

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I had to have a revamp of my teams the other day.The usual dilemma of not going crazy but needing to kick life into dormant teams...With an eye on the fixtures I went fairly big on Brookes..

Thanks for the info on Griffiths..I see he got a couple today.

DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Well young Henry Brookes is an enabler and only time will tell how many games he gets it looks like a very complicated rotation at Warwickshire making it difficult for us. So perhaps bowlers from Warwickshire are not such a good option. But Brookes is cheap as chips, only 2 games left now until the T20 starts for 6 weeks. Interesting to see the line up for the next two games. He returned with 1 wicket 1st innings and 3 wickets 2nd innings so not bad, will he play in the other 2, well that is the question.

My weekly had a complete and utter nightmare yesterday (so did my horses) but as seen last week one day on London Cup can get over 1000 points so all down to the final day however far back. Looks like a good finish at all the games one way or another today, Glos trying to bat all day for a draw, and the other three games Somerset Warwickshire and Derby go for a win, but with 4 wickets down have to go careful could be a Durham win.

hazzab
Treebeard
FS Record: Overall Champion of Cricinfo County Championship comp in 2009: a long time ago now!

Post by hazzab »

Cricinfo report on Saturday night said that Stone had a side strain:

http://www.espn.com/cricket/series/8204 ... n-two-2018

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

hazzab wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 11:45 Cricinfo report on Saturday night said that Stone had a side strain:

http://www.espn.com/cricket/series/8204 ... n-two-2018
A bit more not so good news from BBC website this morning:
But one downside is some worrying injury news from BBC Coventry & Warwickshire commentator Clive Eakin about paceman Olly Stone.
The potential England candidate, who missed over a year with knee trouble after signing in 2016, is now out with a side strain.
Stone is expected to be missing for the next few weeks.

Aztek
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Aztek »

Thanks for the info chaps. So WHY do they include him in the squad for this round of matches?!!?! I picked him as he was in the squad! SO infuriating i've just wasted another transfer on something so flakey as their awful squad news. Although i should be used to it by now. These counties aren't exactly reliable for correct info, or any at all!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Aztek wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 13:07 Thanks for the info chaps. So WHY do they include him in the squad for this round of matches?!!?! I picked him as he was in the squad! SO infuriating i've just wasted another transfer on something so flakey as their awful squad news. Although i should be used to it by now. These counties aren't exactly reliable for correct info, or any at all!
Fair point, it is annoying, but surely you realise that they might be hoping he was going to be fit, so included him on that basis. Often injuries are slight and they wait until the morning of the game. If you pick from a squad you have an outside chance this might happen, they can't pick all 13/14/15 So its risky.

madterrier
Treebeard
FS Record: Runner-up (£1.5k) Metro FF
2nd, 3rd (£4k) Metro Champions League
3rd (£500) Mirror PL

Post by madterrier »

Here's the Olly Stone Rule for fantasy cricket:

Transfer him in - He's out injured
Transfer him out/Choose not to bring him in - He plays and gets a Five-fer

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

madterrier wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 18:53 Here's the Olly Stone Rule for fantasy cricket:

Yes must admit I have been stung by him in the past at Northants. Thats pretty spot on.

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

madterrier wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 18:53 Here's the Olly Stone Rule for fantasy cricket:

Side strains for bowlers are nightmares, they should rest him till July championship game at least. I will drop him, from the sides he is in now for Brooke’s. This lad has a great action, and looks stress free! Hopefully

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Tim Bresnan unhappy with new deal on the table and so he is "exploring his options" Trouble in Mill

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

ooozzzie wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 11:23 Tim Bresnan unhappy with new deal on the table and so he is "exploring his options" Trouble in Mill
Lancashire should grab him now. Can still bowl, holds a bat very well and would be a great replacement for onions!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Black caviar wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 12:59
ooozzzie wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 11:23 Tim Bresnan unhappy with new deal on the table and so he is "exploring his options" Trouble in Mill
Lancashire should grab him now. Can still bowl, holds a bat very well and would be a great replacement for onions!
He is obviously asking a price though. I would imagine most counties will be trying to find out how much.

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

ooozzzie wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 13:38
He is obviously asking a price though. I would imagine most counties will be trying to find out how much.
Jake Ball released to play tomorrow! Why did they take him up? ECB could run a brothel properly!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Black caviar wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 15:34
Jake Ball released to play tomorrow! Why did they take him up? ECB could run a brothel properly!
Not sure you mean that :shock:

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

ooozzzie wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 17:05
Black caviar wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 15:34
Not sure you mean that :shock:
Think he means:
Black caviar wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 12:59 ECB could run a brothel properly!
Can imagine...it's £10 a pint ole speckled hen and £20 a 5 minute chat with Vaughn's missus at the bar....everything else is free....e.g. fosters, blow and go :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”