To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Edgeways
Treebeard

Re: New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

Post by Edgeways »

ooozzzie wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 23:23
Edgeways wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 22:22 Century leagues have definitely started, you can view on non-mobile site. Don't know why they're not on the mobile site. Yet another frustration along with its inability to tell you how many transfers and captain changes you have left.
The mobile site does tell you how many transfers and captain changes. Just click on your team and its at the top, its huge, you cant miss it. If you haven't seen that, have you clicked
on the grid right at the TOP LEFT by Daily Telegraph there are 3 horizontal lines, click on that.
But for some the numbers it shows never seem to be right. For example, I set up a team a couple of weeks ago for the purpose of the Century Leagues. The headline on the mobile site tells me I have 15 transfers and 13 captaincy changes left. But a quick look further down the page tells me I have transferred 3 players out.
And I know I haven't made 7 changes of captain.

I know you can cross reference the number of transfers, it just irks me that the headline summary can't be right. It has mislead me before.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Yes there is a bit of a slight software error there when you look at the summary first time after logging in, they are incorrect, showing 30 transfers, But it easy to get the correct figures, click on one team, then obviously that teams figures are correctly shown at the bottom of the screen. But then if you tab back to the main summary the numbers should all be correct. Not brilliant but it only takes a second.

Note for anyone reading this, we are talking about the mobile version.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Yeah the transfer issue isn’t really a problem,ike ooozzzie says you just click out that team then back in. The not accessing century league from mobile version is annoying!!

Wow 18/30 is impressive in super 8s! I am playing the same manager I played in round 1 this round! obviously he has a different team though. He will want revenge!!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Remember Remember 20th June.......County Championship games are Day/Night Games start 1.30pm Amended Fixture Chart and colour coded them Pink ......of course,

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

ooozzzie wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 12:16 Remember Remember 20th June.......County Championship games are Day/Night Games start 1.30pm Amended Fixture Chart and colour coded them Pink ......of course,
Most still a 11am start, just a couple of games day/night ( according to BBC fixture list )

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

kingcurtley wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 16:46
ooozzzie wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 12:16 Remember Remember 20th June.......County Championship games are Day/Night Games start 1.30pm Amended Fixture Chart and colour coded them Pink ......of course,
Most still a 11am start, just a couple of games day/night ( according to BBC fixture list )
Yes you are right, I read very quickly the information on the Glos website and it said 9 matches, but didn't say they were spread over different dates, however if I had read it
more carefully they have this little fixture list of the D/N games at the bottom of the page. I just assumed it was the 9 games on the 20th, so thanks.
Day-Night Specsavers County Championship matches

June 20-23: Hampshire v Yorkshire, Northamptonshire v Gloucestershire

June 25-28: Derbyshire v Leicestershire, Durham v Warwickshire, Essex v Somerset, Kent v Middlesex, Nottinghamshire v Worcestershire.

July 22-25: Sussex v Glamorgan

August 19-22: Surrey v Lancashire

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I read that Ferguson is going to captain Worcs in the semi final.Does anyone know if he will be around for a potential cup final and if he would be available for the two first class games in between? I can't find anything on the club site.

Thanks,DD :)

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 18:10 I read that Ferguson is going to captain Worcs in the semi final.Does anyone know if he will be around for a potential cup final and if he would be available for the two first class games in between? I can't find anything on the club site.

Thanks,DD :)
Yep he is here for T20 blast (along with Guptill)

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks,Ooozzzie..If definitely playing the championship games he is possibly worth a look....

DD.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 02:24 Thanks,Ooozzzie..If definitely playing the championship games he is possibly worth a look....

DD.
He is only contracted to play one day cricket. It was a late on off decision to make him Captain for the big game tomorrow. He is an experienced one day captain. Obviously if they lose then this could be his last game (bar T20) I think they are looking at getting Magoffin back for the 4 day games. But no news on captain for those games. I wouldn't risk it myself.

Clearly Leach has to be replaced and a player who is in the semi final and going to play in the Championship a good call. I might be inclined to go for someone like Denly Vince as you know they will play in both formats. Toss up who is going to win these semi's could be any of them that get though. But those 2 are in the top 5 batsman this season that are still in the one day cup, Hildreth Mullaney (lions) and Livingstone (Lions) are the other 3 in the top 5 but they are out of the competition or in the Lions. Of the all rounders, you got Patel, Barnard and Stevens still in, all higher than Leach in TFC points.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks,Ooozzzie...that's why I wanted to check about the championship stuff...That would have been the dealmaker...

Leach and I parted ways when he first picked up the injury...and I had been phasing him out for a few weeks before then..

As always,many thanks for your help... :)

DD...

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Don't think that Magoffin counts as an overseas player. Isn't he qualified now? Will Worcs find someone else for their CC games, persuade Ferguson or go without? Or is Travis head available again?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Not sure on that, all I read was that Magoffin was a possible option to play. Think this is a bit of curved ball and they are working on it.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Worcs won the toss and batted, was thinking, hmmmmm not so sure that's a good move. Then Tresco says he thinks Worcs will win, and I thought not so sure about that either.

Just lost their 4th wicket this is getting to be one way traffic at the moment be all over by 3pm

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

Post by Fatbellywobblebottom »

My teams packed with Kent players. Then read Worc have won 8/9 at home - oh crap. Then 54/4 - on joy. Now have no idea what is a good score - oh crap. Might play in the garden for a bit. Or get a beer and hope. Beer it is then :D :D :D :D

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Caught a bit of Joe Leach on Sky comms, seemed to imply Ferguson captain for the foreseeable.

Great spell from Stevens.

In tomorrow's game, Pujara back in the Yorkshire squad. Benefit of bowling Afghanistan out twice in a day.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Well fair enough, there are just 3 CC games before the end of August, they have got an overseas slot, he is here anyway, so would seem the best option.

Worcs doing a lot better now, 167/4 a big improvement.

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

ooozzzie wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 13:17 Well fair enough, there are just 3 CC games before the end of August, they have got an overseas slot, he is here anyway, so would seem the best option.

Worcs doing a lot better now, 167/4 a big improvement.
Podders my new best friend!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Great innings from Cox with Barnard and Dolly 48/4 got up to 306/6 thats something to defend.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

ooozzzie wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 11:58 Worcs won the toss and batted, was thinking, hmmmmm not so sure that's a good move. Then Tresco says he thinks Worcs will win, and I thought not so sure about that either.

Just lost their 4th wicket this is getting to be one way traffic at the moment be all over by 3pm

Wish that were true. Got to love cricket!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Yes been a great game, and still going, I was kicking myself after Worcs innnings as at last minute in the weekly I changed Cox for Khun but that damage is already been negated even if Khun is out the moment I send this. :shock: Still possible 101 from 60. I remember in 1973 watching Worcs get 100 from 60 which is of course 10 an over never seen anything like it, and they got a six off the last ball to win it. One other thing (non cricket really) but the premier inn has a brilliant lounge overlooking the ground which you see now and again (not often) but it looks like they have had to put blinds down to stop patrons viewing. Didn't do that when I stayed, obviously this is more high profile. Most people staying didn't even know there was a cricket ground attached and were amazed with the view but not interested in watching it for more than 10 minutes. They loved the view though, it is cracking, shame they have blinds today. I suppose on a big game their bar would be be packed out, its not that big, and would without doubt cause a problem for those staying. 84 from 53 now, this is close.

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

ooozzzie wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 17:40 Yes been a great game, and still going, I was kicking myself after Worcs innnings as at last minute in the weekly I changed Cox for Khun but that damage is already been negated even if Khun is out the moment I send this. :shock: Still possible 101 from 60. I remember in 1973 watching Worcs get 100 from 60 which is of course 10 an over never seen anything like it, and they got a six off the last ball to win it. One other thing (non cricket really) but the premier inn has a brilliant lounge overlooking the ground which you see now and again (not often) but it looks like they have had to put blinds down to stop patrons viewing. Didn't do that when I stayed, obviously this is more high profile. Most people staying didn't even know there was a cricket ground attached and were amazed with the view but not interested in watching it for more than 10 minutes. They loved the view though, it is cracking, shame they have blinds today. I suppose on a big game their bar would be be packed out, its not that big, and would without doubt cause a problem for those staying. 84 from 53 now, this is close.
Seriously not enjoying watching this. Fantastic game though... I see Crane has done his back in an again.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Kent make it great game. Thats not good news about Crane.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

What an incredible game to listen to...I admire both teams a lot...but in terms of this game really needed Kent to go through...I went " big " on Denly last night...and we all know what happened to him!😅

DD..

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 18:33 What an incredible game to listen to...I admire both teams a lot...but in terms of this game really needed Kent to go through...I went " big " on Denly last night...and we all know what happened to him!😅

DD..
You and me both DD. Must remember that the final is in a week that doesn't count towards the Super 8's.... :roll:

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 18:33 What an incredible game to listen to...I admire both teams a lot...but in terms of this game really needed Kent to go through...I went " big " on Denly last night...and we all know what happened to him!😅

DD..

:shock: OMG Denly :shock: Why :!: :?: Thought everyone Captained Fantastic. 154 points...Well at least Kent went through and you can make amends next time out :D

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Fatbellywobblebottom wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 17:54
My teams packed with Kent players. Then read Worc have won 8/9 at home - oh crap. Then 54/4 - on joy. Now have no idea what is a good score - oh crap. Might play in the garden for a bit. Or get a beer and hope. Beer it is then :D :D :D :D
Just the one beer then :D :D :D
Fatbellywobblebottom wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 17:54 Seriously not enjoying watching this. Fantastic game though... I see Crane has done his back in an again.
Where did you see about Crane :?: Only read he was going for a scan last Monday and read nothing since. Not in tomorrows squad. Must be serious as he's even stopped tweeting about Love Island :D :D

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Already had him!...Needed a longish term replacement for Mullaney...not captained...thankfully...

Now...who will win tomorrow??

DD

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Already had him!...Needed a longish term replacement for Mullaney...not captained...thankfully...

Now...who will win tomorrow??

DD

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Sorry about that...tried to delete one but wasn't allowed!uh :o

DD

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”