Alsop
McManus
Roussow
Weatherley
Wheal
Edwards
Topley
Sole

Sussex squad unchanged, Van Zyl still injured.

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Re: London Cup Squads and Chit Chat

Post by Black caviar »

England batsman and Yorkshire captain Gary Ballance is taking a break from cricket because of "personal reasons".

Yorkshire say they have granted the 28-year-old "time away from the game" and he will miss "several" One-Day Cup matches, starting at Durham on Friday.

Ballance, who has 23 Test caps for England, did not play in the Tykes' most recent County Championship fixture - an innings defeat by Surrey.

"We ask that his privacy be respected during this time," said a statement.

Edgeways
Treebeard

Post by Edgeways »

Interested to see that the game says "updated 18/05/18" before today's games have finished. Might be worth seeing if yesterday's points have been amended in the light of the maiden overs shenanigans (Maidengate?).

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Doogal wrote: 17 May 2018, 15:23 And the crocks from Glocs: Dent (c), Hankins, Howell, Roderick, Cockbain, J.Taylor, Higgins, van Buuren, Smith, Worrall, Liddle, M.Taylor, Hammond.
I tell you what, that was a brilliant win today from the Crocks from Glocs (that is funny to be fair) Dent and Hankins where did that come from, Glamorgan have a fair attack, and so to get to 100/0 was amazing. What I have noticed from Glos is they do seem to have a good team spirit and do have some fight. They dug in well against Middlesex to get a draw. But hard to pick their players, I mean Higgins only bowled 3 overs. Just a mish mash that works now and again, but won't give up.

Other two games over too quickly, low score by Surrey easily made by Somerset and a high score by Yorks against Durham who never looked like getting close. Which isn't a good advert for this competition really. But that's sport I suppose isn't it, you pay your money and take your chances.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Edgeways wrote: 18 May 2018, 18:37 Interested to see that the game says "updated 18/05/18" before today's games have finished. Might be worth seeing if yesterday's points have been amended in the light of the maiden overs shenanigans (Maidengate?).
Sounds like it, bet they have had a difficult day in the towers trying to sort that out. Just as well it was noticed today rather than 4 or 5 days later :shock:

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

It was the 48th over Yorks had lost lost their 3rd wicket at 316 after a 60 partnership! The music to accompany the wicket was "Another One Bites The Dust" Hardly appropriate. Durham need sorting out on and off the field. I would start with off the field that will be the easier task!

Scores updated. Including todays minus points for Durham bowlers.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Worcestershire (from):

Mitchell, Clarke, Head, Fell, D’Oliveira, Whiteley, Cox, Barnard, Leach, Tongue, Morris, Brown

Ross Whiteley, Charlie Morris and Pat Brown come into the squad in place of Steve Magoffin and Ben Twohig
quote: Paceman Magoffin was always earmarked to concentrate on Championship cricket after his return to the County from Sussex for the 2018 campaign.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Derbyshire upbeat and have good reason. Strong team.
1. Billy Godleman
26. Ben Slater
10. Luis Reece
77. Wayne Madsen
18. Alex Hughes
19. Callum Brodrick
20. Matt Critchley
14. Gary Wilson
11. Daryn Smit
7. Hardus Viljoen
41. Ravi Rampaul
74. Duanne Olivier
50. Safyaan Sharif
8. Dan Wheeldon

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Bluearmy16 wrote:It’s the Paul Collingwood pavilion at Durham, Beefy Botham presented it to him before the game, congrats to him, great
He may now have a pavilion named after him, but Collingwood is having an absolute shocker of a season, TFC-wise! Had him in a couple of teams since the start of the season, waiting for that big all-rounder score (which he had lots of last season), but pretty much no runs or wickets means he’s departing soon...

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks for the squad news all!

Just a thought...I wonder that if after yesterday's result ,Batty might simply combust in rage ,thus meaning that I don't have to bother transferring Virdi out?...hmm

Oh,does anyone know when Morkle becomes available...ie fit to play?

I hope that everyone enjoys the day..😀

DD...

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

Edgeways wrote: 18 May 2018, 17:32 Hampshire 15 for tomorrow:
Adams
Wood
Taylor
Berg
Vince
Amla
Crane
Alsop
McManus
Roussow
Weatherley
Wheal
Edwards
Topley
Sole

Sussex squad unchanged, Van Zyl still injured.
No Kyle Abbott - doesn't he play white ball cricket or something???? :shock:

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Abbot was injured in the last round of CC games so I reckon they'll rest him for a few weeks

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

jimwinn wrote: 19 May 2018, 10:55 Abbot was injured in the last round of CC games so I reckon they'll rest him for a few weeks
Thanks for that.... I forgot last 2 days to get up intime (work lates and stay up nights) to check teams for ODC and now fallen in my own private league from 1st to 4th (over 600 points off the pace). :(

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

In haste - starter for ten - no time to do the others for a bit.
Somerset: Tom Abell (c), Tom Banton, George Bartlett, Josh Davey, Steve Davies (w), Ben Green, Tim Groenewald, James Hildreth, Johann Myburgh, Craig Overton, Jamie Overton, Peter Trego, Roelof van der Merwe, Max Waller.
Lancs: Liam Livingstone (C), Tom Bailey, Karl Brown, Jordan Clark, Steven Croft, Alex Davies, Keaton Jennings, Arron Lilley, Joe Mennie, Graham Onions, Matt Parkinson, Stephen Parry, Dane Vilas
Notts: Jake Libby, Chris Nash, Steven Mullaney (c), Riki Wessels, Harry Gurney, Matt Milnes, Luke Fletcher, Samit Patel, Tom Moores, Ross Taylor, Jake Ball, Will Fraine, Billy Root, Jack Blatherwick.
Essex: Ryan ten Doeschate (27) Captain
Aaron Beard (14)
Ravi Bopara (25)
Varun Chopra (6)
Sam Cook (16)
James Foster (7)
Simon Harmer (11)
Dan Lawrence (28)
Jamie Porter (44)
Neil Wagner (13)
Tom Westley (21)
Adam Wheater (31)
Ashar Zaidi (99)

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Of little interest in the short term but good to see Hameed back in the runs in the local leagues for Formby - 121 not out. Will Porterfield also played in the same team incidentally.

Could be just what he needs, a few weeks against league bowlers getting his confidence back.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Doogal wrote: 19 May 2018, 21:01 In haste - starter for ten - no time to do the others for a bit.
Somerset: Tom Abell (c), Tom Banton, George Bartlett, Josh Davey, Steve Davies (w), Ben Green, Tim Groenewald, James Hildreth, Johann Myburgh, Craig Overton, Jamie Overton, Peter Trego, Roelof van der Merwe, Max Waller.
Lancs: Liam Livingstone (C), Tom Bailey, Karl Brown, Jordan Clark, Steven Croft, Alex Davies, Keaton Jennings, Arron Lilley, Joe Mennie, Graham Onions, Matt Parkinson, Stephen Parry, Dane Vilas
Notts: Jake Libby, Chris Nash, Steven Mullaney (c), Riki Wessels, Harry Gurney, Matt Milnes, Luke Fletcher, Samit Patel, Tom Moores, Ross Taylor, Jake Ball, Will Fraine, Billy Root, Jack Blatherwick.
Essex: Ryan ten Doeschate (27) Captain
Aaron Beard (14)
Ravi Bopara (25)
Varun Chopra (6)
Sam Cook (16)
James Foster (7)
Simon Harmer (11)
Dan Lawrence (28)
Jamie Porter (44)
Neil Wagner (13)
Tom Westley (21)
Adam Wheater (31)
Ashar Zaidi (99)
No Lewis Gregory :shock:

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

I'm back (been watching Montalbano):
Middx: Steven Finn (c), Tom Barber, Hilton Cartwright, Stephen Eskinazi, James Franklin, Nick Gubbins, James Harris, Tom Helm, Max Holden, Eoin Morgan, Ravi Patel, John Simpson (wk), Nathan Sowter, Paul Stirling
Kent: 6 Joe Denly (c), 23 Daniel Bell-Drummond, 58 Sean Dickson, 4 Heino Kuhn, 16 Zak Crawley, 10 Alex Blake, 3 Darren Stevens, 25 Calum Haggett, 12 Adam Rouse (wk), 24 Matt Henry, 1 Harry Podmore, 5 Ivan Thomas, 8 Mitch Claydon, 11 Imran Qayyum

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

Glammy: Ingram ©, Lloyd, Carey, Selman, Cullen, Murphy, Hogan, Marsh, Wagg, Salter, de Lange, TVDG, Cooke, Smith
Durham unchanged: Tom Latham (c), Cameron Steel, Will Smith, Graham Clark, Michael Richardson, Paul Collingwood, Stuart Poynter (wk), Ryan Pringle, James Weighell, Matthew Potts, Nathan Rimmington, Matt Dixon, George Harding

Nothing I can see yet for Glocs, Northants, Warws, Yorks

At a quick glance, most squads unchanged or nearly so, Gregory the most annoying omission. Though good to see Jamie Overton back.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Many thanks for going to the trouble to post the squads,Doogal!

It is so tempting to burn a pile of transfers....and we aren't even in June!😅

DD...

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Got rid of Abbott yesterday for Viljoen, giving me minus points ! (Should have gone Olivier instead but would need to transfer him out when he leaves). At least I had Madsen captain in another team. Hoping for some luck today.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Bluearmy16, Olivier is available according to Derbyshire CCC website for the first 7 County Championship games and the entire One Day Campaign, so he has a good bit of cricket in him yet. I think I might be shipping him out long before then tho. I will see how he performs against Durham on Wednesday.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

primitive man wrote: 20 May 2018, 08:36 Bluearmy16, Olivier is available according to Derbyshire CCC website for the first 7 County Championship games and the entire One Day Campaign, so he has a good bit of cricket in him yet. I think I might be shipping him out long before then tho. I will see how he performs against Durham on Wednesday.
Thanks primitive man. I need to make a call on Harris today as well if he isn’t playing

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

Yorkshire: Tim Bresnan
Harry Brook
Ben Coad
Andrew Hodd (WK)
Tom Kohler-Cadmore
Jack Leaning
Adam Lyth
Steven Patterson ©
Cheteshwar Pujara
Azeem Rafiq
Adil Rashid
Josh Shaw
James Wainman

Warwickshire have a 15-man squad on twitter, not easy to copy - https://twitter.com/WarwickshireCCC/sta ... 56/photo/1 - can't be bothered to type it all out. Can't find Northants or Glocs.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Glos same bit late now I know.... can't see many changes happening Bracey for some reason not playing this format. Am at game today cracking in sunshine pretty even so far

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Delighted that you are at the cricket today,Ooozzzie! Lots of players on display who I would love to see...Higgins seems to be getting a bit of a thumping...groan...lots of minus points for me!

Does anyone know why TVDG not playing for the Glammies?

DD...

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Due to the fantastic BBC radio coverage I am now listening to the Glous game in Edinburgh via the interwebby...

I have set up a lunchtime pint for you at the member's bar,Ooozzzie....or maybe the " submit" button on the site was for something else!

DD.....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Lol cheers what is it double diamond?, Liddle bowled well that's his 2nd 4 fer in a row rest very average. But it's game on 288 to win. See Pujara got a few... too late! Good score for Northants against Notts.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Very good!...Double Diamond...do they still make that devil's brew?

Some big scores....Davies (L)...Stirling, opening for M'sex etc...

I still have a couple of Pujaras....Not a great first innings for most of my bowlers...hmm

DD...

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Doogal »

Surrey unchanged squad tomorrow: Rory Burns (captain)

Gareth Batty

Scott Borthwick

Rikki Clarke

Sam Curran

Jade Dernbach

Dean Elgar

Ben Foakes (wicket keeper)

Will Jacks

Stuart Meaker

Ryan Patel

Ollie Pope

Freddie van den Bergh

Anyone captain Alex Davies of Lancs today? He can seriously tee off sometimes.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I have him x five...but not as captain....See he didn't have the gloves today...

Thanks for squad info...still no room for Virdi!

DD....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”