To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

London Cup Squads and Chit Chat

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Re: London Cup Squads and Chit Chat

Post by jimwinn »

Notts Outlaws squad to face Leicestershire Foxes: Jake Libby, Chris Nash, Steven Mullaney (c), Riki Wessels, Harry Gurney, Matt Milnes, Luke Fletcher, Samit Patel, Tom Moores, Ross Taylor, Jake Ball, Will Fraine, Billy Root, Jack Blatherwick.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks for that,Jim..

Blue army,I am in the same dilemma re Porter...I speculated the other day as to whether he has misplaced his mojo...and I don't mean the excellent music magazine!😉

DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 22 May 2018, 20:39 Thanks for that,Jim..

Blue army,I am in the same dilemma re Porter...I speculated the other day as to whether he has misplaced his mojo...and I don't mean the excellent music magazine!😉

DD...
I just think some players are not as dangerous with white ball as they are with red ball, Porter seems to fit in that category. I sure he will have his day at some point, but it doesn't look like he is going to get 10 overs every game. Drop now, or keep that is the question. Rested today is a big clue that he is not high up in their plans for this comp though. Another game on Friday, last chance?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Worcs same 12 plus George Rhodes
Mitchell, Clarke, Head, Fell, D’Oliveira, Whiteley, Cox, Barnard, Leach, Tongue, Morris, Brown Rhodes

They are away to Yorkshire
Tim Bresnan Harry Brook Jack Brooks Ben Coad Matthew Fisher Andrew Hodd (Wicketkeeper) Jack Leaning
Adam Lyth Steve Patterson (Captain) Cheteshwar Pujara Adil Rashid Tom Kohler-Cadmore James Wainman

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Very sorry to hear that Andrew Strauss is having to step aside for a while due to the poor health of his wife...I wish them both well...

Interesting that six ex England players to be appointed to aid the selectors....So often they select a season ( or two) too late....as we who follow the county game so closely know....😉

DD....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Not good news for Andrew Strauss, wife and family, hopefully the outcome is positive and he is back to work soon.

6 new helpers for the selectors seems a lot, are they being paid I wonder, must be. Ok I suppose the more the merrier but don't really see how these guys can suggest players that are not on the radar anyway? Just seems a lot to me.

Got up at 6 to see if I could get the 7.30 train to Oval but clear my body said "no chance old boy" However after a couple of hours and a discussion with my bones and joints I am going to Warwick Races instead. 8-)

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Very nice Ooozie - really struggling with the flat this month ☺

Looking a bit soggy at the end of the week so maybe it's time for Porter to go now.

Today looks cloudy then fine - bowl first

Handy horse stopping video in case you stagger on to the course -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales- ... t-chepstow

Aztek
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Aztek »

Checking the teams for today it looks like Dan Worrall has been 'rested' for today's game. He's not got a great 1 day record anyway, so I imagine they are keeping him fresh.

Roy starts for Surrey and opens as expected.

Steel is back for Durham as is Rushworth

Fidel is rested by Hampshire as well, which is a frustration for those that own him. He's been replaced by Wheel. Likewise Reece Topley is missing again, I imagine he's getting his fitness back after a long break. On the same lines I really rate the Hants keeper, looks very organised and played brilliantly the other night with the pressure on. I can see him making a lot of progress this summer.

Big Rory Kleinfeldt is also missing today! Annoyingly i just put him in as well!

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

James Weighell has been sacrificed for Matt Dixon,whilst the hapless redundant spinner Pringle is named at 3 again.
I hope he is rested rather than dropped.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Aww heck! I have Edwards all over the show due to the fixtures...drat!

Shame that you didn't get a trip today Ooozzzie...Another time.....

DD....

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

No Tongue for Worcs! Most of the bowlers I have brought in for the R L are either rested or not selected....should have simply not bothered....😕

DD....

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

So many bowlers rested today and I have most of them. The one day cup is definitely where the batsmen are hitting back and getting the big points whereas early season in the championship it was all about the bowlers

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

To give you all a chuckle at the scale of my ineptitude..a check has shown that I have three teams with both Edwards and Tongue....really awful!😕...One also had Brooks...ha!

DD...

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Tongue is a strange ommission -still quite young I guess

For the worst post ever though I nominate myself -

"Today looks cloudy then fine - bowl first"

:shock: :D

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

2 very good wins for Northants in Notts and Lancs. Finally showing up, but time for Duckett to go to the 2nds i reckon. Get his head down before the T20.

Nice to see Pujara find some form for those that carried him through a dire start (100 runs @ 12.5 vs 256 runs @ 80 odd) - but something doesn't seem quite right at Yorkshire (hope Ballance is okay).

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

A foot injury has put an end to Dan Worrall's stint at Glocs.He was providing good value.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Shame for Worrall....I had been about to bring him in....

As expected ,I had a horrendous day on Thursday....Big decisions need to be made for Friday's games....

Anything definite about Morkel appearing for the first XI yet?

DD....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

El Tel of Ealing wrote: 23 May 2018, 22:47 A foot injury has put an end to Dan Worrall's stint at Glocs.He was providing good value.
Yes he could when fit obviously bowl all day long which is just what Glos needed, in trouble now.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Reports just started flying around that Kolhi has slipped a disc and his stint with Surrey has already been called off. Also his tour with India to England very unlikely. (unless this
is fake news from Twitter of course, but its all over the place right now)

Aztek
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Aztek »

Thanks for the update there Tel, makes sense now, shame he got injured as was providing a good return in a couple of my teams.

Yesterday was a better day for several teams of mine. I've been having a poor start to the season but a few Ingram skippers and sticking with Rousouw has paid dividends. My best team is around 300th, which is still way off the pace.

Looking forward to seeing how England fare today against a pretty strong Pakistan side.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

See below for squad news ☺
Last edited by jimwinn on 24 May 2018, 22:05, edited 3 times in total.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Some squad news for tomorrow. Getting close to the point where those who can't qualify start throwing newcomers into the mix.

Yorkshire: Tim Bresnan, Harry Brook, Jack Brooks, Ben Coad, , Matthew Fisher, Andrew Hodd (Wicketkeeper), Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Jack Leaning, Adam Lyth, Steve Patterson (Captain), Liam Plunkett, Cheteshwar Pujara, Adil Rashid, James Wainman. Liam Plunkett back from India.

Notts: Chris Nash, Steven Mullaney ©, Riki Wessels, Harry Gurney, Matt Milnes, Luke Fletcher, Matt Carter, Samit Patel, Tom Moores, Ross Taylor, Jake Ball, Will Fraine, Billy Root, Jack Blatherwick.

Sussex: 26. Ben Brown (capt./wk), 21. Danny Briggs, 5. Michael Burgess, 32. Laurie Evans, 6. Harry Finch, 15. George Garton, 9. Delray Rawlins, 25. Ollie Robinson, 11. Abi Sakande, 28. Phil Salt, 97. Ishant Sharma, 31. Luke Wells, 96. David Wiese, 10. Luke Wright

Middlesex (15 named!): Finn, Barber, Cartwright, Eskinazi, Franklin, Fuller, Gubbins, Harris, Helm, Holden, Morgan, Patel, Simpson, Sowter, Stirling

Lancashire drop Bailey & Lilley from the squad: Liam Livingstone (C), Josh Bohannon, Karl Brown, Jordan Clark, Steven Croft, Alex Davies, Keaton Jennings, Danny Lamb, Joe Mennie, Graham Onions, Matt Parkinson, Stephen Parry, Dane Vilas

Warwickshire: Patel, Ambrose, Barker, Bell, Brookes, Hain, Hose, Hannon-Dalby, Pollock, Poysden, Rhodes, Sibley, Stone, Thomason, Trott

Kent: 6 Joe Denly (c), 23 Daniel Bell-Drummond, 58 Sean Dickson, 4 Heino Kuhn, 16 Zak Crawley, 10 Alex Blake, 3 Darren Stevens, 25 Calum Haggett, 12 Adam Rouse (wk), 24 Matt Henry, 1 Harry Podmore, 5 Ivan Thomas, 8 Mitch Claydon, 11 Imran Qayyum, 33 Adam Riley.

Glamorgan: Ingram ©, Selman, Donald, Marsh, Lloyd, Cooke, Wagg, Salter, TVDG, Carey, Lawlor, Smith, Cullen

Derbyshire: Godleman, Slater, Reece, Madsen, Critchley, Hughes, Brodrick, Smit, Wilson, Hosein, Viljoen, Sharif, Olivier, Rampaul, Wheeldon, Qadri.

Leicestershire: Aaron, Ackermann, Carberry, Cosgrove, Dexter, Eckersley, Griffiths, Hill, Horton, Javid, Parkinson, Raine, Wells.

Durham: Graham Clark, Cameron Steel, Michael Richardson, Tom Latham (c), Will Smith, Stu Poynter (wk), Gareth Harte, Ryan Pringle, Nathan Rimmington, Matt Dixon, Chris Rushworth, George Harding, Ryan Davies, Josh Coughlin

Worcestershire: Mitchell, Clarke, Head, Fell, D'Oliveira, Cox, Whiteley, Barnard, Leach, Morris, Brown, Tongue, Rhodes

Somerset: Banton, Davies, Green, Groenewald, Hildreth, Myburgh, C Overton, J Overton, Renshaw, Trego, VD Merwe, V Meekeren, Waller

Essex: can't find anything yet

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Sorry for overlapping posts with Jim - good ideas at the same time!

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

No worries Rover - gold star if you find Essex squad ☺

Hampshire unchanged and hard to copy and paste

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Thanks for squad news. I see Abell is still out for Somerset. Renshaw was rested for the first couple of games as they gave him a week off, he was available for the 3rd (last) match anyway, but was fortunate that he could step in for Abell. I imagine he will retain his place for this one, but not sure what the plan is when Abell is back.

Hogan and de Lange are both injured. I also have Worrall to remove. Lots of my other bowlers being rotated/rested - Porter, Bailey, Edwards etc.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Many thanks to Jim and Rover....Tomorrow at 10.30 ish crucial for me...I have too many players who are 50/50 to play, or others who are totally out...This will be the last morning in which I can pay full attention for about ten days...and it will be too late then!😅

Wish I knew what the schedule for Morkel is...sigh.

DR.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Weather may interfere with some start times, which isn't ideal. Rain and covers on at Derby.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Finally an Essex squad, though 15 names which doesn't help much at this point! It does include 3 wicket keepers.

RTD, Bopara, Chopra, Coles, Cook, Foster, Harmer, Lawrence, Pepper, Snater, Taylor, Wagner, Westley, Wheater, Zaidi

Aztek
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Aztek »

Gloucester team news for today:

Dent (c), Hankins, Howell, Roderick, Cockbain, J.Taylor, Higgins, Smith, Miles, M.Taylor, Liddle, van Buuren, Hammond

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Leach rested by Worcestershire. Luke Wright has a slight injury and won't play today.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”