To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

London Cup Squads and Chit Chat

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Re: London Cup Squads and Chit Chat

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Oh dear..another mediocre performance by Captain Fantastic in a
game that seems to be heading towards defeat...hope not...a ton from Henry would be useful!

Another sad show from Durham.. I wonder why Steele didn't play?

Other random thoughts...Good to see Nathan Buck playing...and has Porter lost his mojo?

DD...

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Hampshire also unchanged squad:
Jimmy Adams (4)

Lewis McManus (18)

Chris Wood (25)

Rilee Rossouw (30)

Brad Taylor (93)

Joe Weatherley (5)

Gareth Berg (13)

Brad Wheal (58)

James Vince (14) Captain

Fidel Edwards (20)

Hashim Amla (99)

Reece Topley (6)

Mason Crane (32)

Chris Sole (71)

Tom Alsop (9)

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks Doogal, and well done to Gloucs...must have been the lecture from Ooozzzie at lunch that did it!

I had missed that Brookes wasn't playing for Yorks...Coad more prominent than expected...

DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Some right old results today, George Hankins has had two good innings for Glos and look very solid indeed. Hasn't played 4 day though, no idea why that is. Higgins again very solid and smashed Wagner for 19 in the 47th over, that killed the game. Wagner not happy at all. he bowled 8 overs for 36, but 9 overs for 55. he was gutted.
Lawrence got a LOT of stick for fielding a ball that looked very much like it went over the rope he dragged it back in the air, ALL the crowd shouted 4, and there was hell on when he said he saved it. I bet after he wish he hadn't though, he had a rough time to say the least. Zaidi batted well for Essex he didn't get any wickets today, but he will.

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Oh dear..another mediocre performance by Captain Fantastic in a
game that seems to be heading towards defeat...hope not...a ton from Henry would be useful!

Another sad show from Durham.. I wonder why Steele didn't play?

Other random thoughts...Good to see Nathan Buck playing...and has Porter lost his mojo?

DD...
No idea why Steele wasn’t playing but he wasn’t on the scorecard so presumably it wasn’t a last minute injury. The Durham fans we came across were not impressed by what’s going on - Pringle batting at 3 (ahead of Latham) was strange, Colingwood stumped by Vilas standing back to Bailey and some of their dismissals were awful shots.

Davies was imperious and I suspect if Stoneman doesn’t do it in the tests then Jennings will be in - he looks full of confidence.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks,wld...I feel really sorry for Durham..One way or another they still haven't recovered from the massive injustice doled out by the ECB several seasons ago...and then Jennings returning.....ouch! I have been trying to work him into a team or two but difficult ,especially when other expensive batsmen, who have been failing, start to get a few runs.....and even the odd wicket in the RL....

Ooozzzie,the Lawrence incident was certainly highlighted by the radio commentators,saying that if Gloucs were to lose by a couple of runs it could be a very big deal...The reaction of the crowd was audible in Edinburgh!😅

DD....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Well Lawrence got what I would call an OTT reception committee as he walked off the pitch, it was nasty, it was wrong, and a bad slant on Glos CC. There is no segregated members area in front of the Pavilion so the drunks get easy access to the players as they come off. Luckily the Essex players did not react. At the end of the day the player may well have genuinely thought he had saved it. However it didn't look like he did to me, and clearly it didn't look like it to 99% of the crowd, but thankfully it didn't matter. But, yes had it mattered I just cannot imagine what the scene would have been like. Its more what you might expect at Millwall. Not good, and if Essex complain I wouldn't blame them. Its most definitely not Cricket.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Ooozzzie....I agree...utterly not cricket...I enjoy a drink or three at the appropriate time and place...I am aware that this sort of garbage happens at T20 games ( one of the reasons why I don't like it) but I have never heard of this at a "standard" 50 over game...I would have been very annoyed indeed...Silence would have been the most dignified response...Imagine what will happen the next time Gloucs go to Chelmsford?

I would round the idiots up and you and I could give them " the big talk. " Letters of apology...as in real letters....would be expected.... " Not so much angry as very,very disappointed... "......And all of that stuff....😑

I genuinely don't understand why people get drunk/ misbehave at cricket...and I am no angel....

DD...

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

ooozzzie wrote: 20 May 2018, 20:54 Some right old results today, George Hankins has had two good innings for Glos and look very solid indeed. Hasn't played 4 day though, no idea why that is.
I put a small bet on Hankins to be Glos top scorer in the CC this season before the games started. Very surprised he hasn't played.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Not sure Rover is he playing for the 2nd XI?

Does anyone know why Porter only got 4 overs yesterday? I'm guessing it was because he was expensive early on.

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

Adding to the "where were they" questions, anyone have any idea why the recently re-arrived Rory Kleinveldt wasn't playing yesterday after an OK first game on Thursday?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

jimwinn wrote: 21 May 2018, 11:39 Not sure Rover is he playing for the 2nd XI?

Does anyone know why Porter only got 4 overs yesterday? I'm guessing it was because he was expensive early on.
Yes he was expensive in context of the game, Glos only needed 6 an over and they were getting that easy, but Porter was going for 8 an over, so he had to taken off. Hankin will play in 4 day I would think, can't see how they can't play him. Bit like Kohler Cadmore though isn't it.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Rick Spangle wrote: 21 May 2018, 12:08 Adding to the "where were they" questions, anyone have any idea why the recently re-arrived Rory Kleinveldt wasn't playing yesterday after an OK first game on Thursday?
Slight side strain

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

Thanks Ooozzzie, couldn't find info anywhere.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Somerset squad: Abell (c), Banton, Davey, Davies (wk), Groenewald, Hildreth, Myburgh, C Overton, J Overton, Renshaw, Trego, VD Merwe, Waller

Sussex: Ben Brown, Danny Briggs, Michael Burgess, Laurie Evans, Harry Finch, George Garton, Delray Rawlins, Ollie Robinson, Abi Sakande, Phil Salt, Ishant Sharma, Luke Wells, David Wiese, Luke Wright.

One Day
Wideboy

Post by One Day »

If I may briefly interrupt this rain affected Hants run-chase to provide a warning to all managers about having too many TFC windows open in your browser...

I have been told this is the most likely explanation for the system randomly transferring my entire team out overnight Friday night, thereby using up 11 transfers and leaving me with a duplicate of my other (much less good!) team - in their place. Plainly not my fault, but TFC washed their hands of it, saying they could not reverse any transfers that had been made. Even in the case as transparent as this one, where the 'transferer' was a system glitch rather than a Manager. To replace those players again effectively means 22 transfers for the return of the same team. As such, not a lot of future for the rest of the season out of that team....!

Not happy with the folks at TFC Towers to be honest who appear not to care little for the vulnerabilities in the website that have created this. Or the frustration it causes (That group of players scored 700+ yesterday...none of which came to me !)

Anyway, the point of this is to make everyone aware so you might avoid the same fate. Especially on the mobile app, be sure to logout of a TFC window when you are done so there is no possibility for the same kind of random player duplication.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

One Day wrote: 21 May 2018, 19:46 If I may briefly interrupt this rain affected Hants run-chase to provide a warning to all managers about having too many TFC windows open in your browser...

I have been told this is the most likely explanation for the system randomly transferring my entire team out overnight Friday night, thereby using up 11 transfers and leaving me with a duplicate of my other (much less good!) team - in their place. Plainly not my fault, but TFC washed their hands of it, saying they could not reverse any transfers that had been made. Even in the case as transparent as this one, where the 'transferer' was a system glitch rather than a Manager. To replace those players again effectively means 22 transfers for the return of the same team. As such, not a lot of future for the rest of the season out of that team....!

Not happy with the folks at TFC Towers to be honest who appear not to care little for the vulnerabilities in the website that have created this. Or the frustration it causes (That group of players scored 700+ yesterday...none of which came to me !)

Anyway, the point of this is to make everyone aware so you might avoid the same fate. Especially on the mobile app, be sure to logout of a TFC window when you are done so there is no possibility for the same kind of random player duplication.
Did this happen on the mobile app :?:

I've used the mobile app, and notice the following:
- when I load a team from the summary page, it shows the previous team's transfers and captain changes. However, if I go back to the summary screen, and re-load the same team, then it load correctly.
- twice I've made transfers, and those transfers did not go through. I now restart my phone and reload the team twice to check that the transfers have gone through.
- back to the future pick highest scoring team has given me two captain ducks :wink:

BTW: sounds like Rosouw is caning it... 58 at 161 SR :D :D :D

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

roverinexile wrote: 21 May 2018, 14:57 Somerset squad: Abell (c), Banton, Davey, Davies (wk), Groenewald, Hildreth, Myburgh, C Overton, J Overton, Renshaw, Trego, VD Merwe, Waller

Sussex: Ben Brown, Danny Briggs, Michael Burgess, Laurie Evans, Harry Finch, George Garton, Delray Rawlins, Ollie Robinson, Abi Sakande, Phil Salt, Ishant Sharma, Luke Wells, David Wiese, Luke Wright.
Still no Lewis Gregory :!: No mention on the Somerset website. Anyone know why he's not paying :?:

Matt Renshaw is recalled according to the Somerset website. No idea why he didn't play the last game. Glad I kept him. No idea how Sussex will get him out tomorrow :D

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

ooozzzie wrote: 21 May 2018, 12:17
jimwinn wrote: 21 May 2018, 11:39 Not sure Rover is he playing for the 2nd XI?

Yes he was expensive in context of the game, Glos only needed 6 an over and they were getting that easy, but Porter was going for 8 an over, so he had to taken off. Hankin will play in 4 day I would think, can't see how they can't play him. Bit like Kohler Cadmore though isn't it.
I saw that, but still don't get why, with 3 or 4 to go and 24 needed, Ten Doeschate bowled his first and only over for 9, whilst Cook who had the lowest economy rate or 4 didn't get a look in at the death. :roll:

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

That sounds like an utter nightmare,One Day!

Just my luck with Rossouw...I got fed up with him and took him out a while back....and ,due to the run of fixtures, brought Berg in today as captain!😅

Thanks for squads,Rover!

DD....

One Day
Wideboy

Post by One Day »

Waikikamukau wrote: 21 May 2018, 20:14
One Day wrote: 21 May 2018, 19:46 If I may briefly interrupt this rain affected Hants run-chase to provide a warning to all managers about having too many TFC windows open in your browser...

Did this happen on the mobile app :?:

I've used the mobile app, and notice the following:
- when I load a team from the summary page, it shows the previous team's transfers and captain changes. However, if I go back to the summary screen, and re-load the same team, then it load correctly.
- twice I've made transfers, and those transfers did not go through. I now restart my phone and reload the team twice to check that the transfers have gone through.
- back to the future pick highest scoring team has given me two captain ducks :wink:

BTW: sounds like Rosouw is caning it... 58 at 161 SR :D :D :D
Yes - in the mobile app. But having noticed the error, I quickly checked the desktop and the duplication had already taken place. The multiple windows thing may not be the cause..but that's what they said was most likely so wanted to at least pass that danger on.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

There are a few issues with the mobile version, have kind of got used to it now though. It’s a lot quicker to use when it’s all off my mobile.

Resisting the urge to get in any Somerset players today.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Squad news for tomorrow:

Rushworth back for Durham: Tom Latham (c), Cameron Steel, Will Smith, Graham Clark, Michael Richardson, Paul Collingwood, Stuart Poynter (wk), Ryan Pringle, James Weighell, Nathan Rimmington, Chris Rushworth, Matt Dixon, George Harding

Jason Roy back for Surrey and added to the squad that was named for the first 2 games. On performance so far, they need him!

Derbyshire are unchanged: 1. Billy Godleman,26. Ben Slater, 10. Luis Reece, 77. Wayne Madsen, 18. Alex Hughes, 19. Callum Brodrick, 20. Matt Critchley, 14. Gary Wilson, 11. Daryn Smit, 7. Hardus Viljoen, 41. Ravi Rampaul, 74. Duanne Olivier, 50. Safyaan Sharif, 8. Dan Wheeldon

Middlesex with a nice helpful 15-man squad: Steven Finn (captain), Tom Barber, Hilton Cartwright, Stephen Eskinazi, James Franklin, James Fuller, Nick Gubbins, James Harris, Tom Helm, Max Holden, Eoin Morgan, Ravi Patel, John Simpson (wicket-keeper), Nathan Sowter, Paul Stirling

Lancashire: Liam Livingstone (C), Tom Bailey, Karl Brown, Jordan Clark, Steven Croft, Alex Davies, Keaton Jennings, Danny Lamb, Arron Lilley, Joe Mennie, Graham Onions, Matt Parkinson, Stephen Parry, Dane Vilas

Glamorgan: Ingram (c), Lloyd, Carey, Selman, Wagg, Cullen, Hogan, Donald, Marsh, Salter, VDG, de Lange, Cooke, Smith

Northants: Cobb, Duckett, Levi, Wakely, Crook, Rossington, Procter, Buck, White, Hutton, Sanderson, Kleinveldt, Keogh, Newton

Gloucestershire: Dent (c), Hankins, Howell, Roderick, Cockbain, J.Taylor, Higgins, Smith, Worrall, M.Taylor, Liddle, van Buuren, Hammond, Miles

Will update as more news becomes available.
Last edited by roverinexile on 22 May 2018, 18:34, edited 3 times in total.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Surrey indeed have Roy back and with Morkel playing for 2nds today and Curran and Kolhi to play later they really need to win tomorrow against Glos as they are 0 from 2. Glos no pressure 2 wins from 2 it would be a nightmare to Surrey if they lost again.All these stars but can't qualify! Would love to go and going to get up early if I feel OK I am off to the Station for the 7.30 to London.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Good for you,Ooozzzie...hope it works out for you tomorrow...

I have listened to the second half of the Somerset game...shame about the collapse...

Does anyone know why Abell didn't play? Couldn't hear any mention of it on the radio..

Thanks for squads ,Rover..

DD....

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Good for you,Ooozzzie...hope it works out for you tomorrow...

I have listened to the second half of the Somerset game...shame about the collapse...

Does anyone know why Abell didn't play? Couldn't hear any mention of it on the radio..

Thanks for squads ,Rover..

DD....
Hand injury - only a slight one apparently.

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

They said Renshaw was a direct replacement for Abell at no. 6. Presumably happy with the batting lineup otherwise - though they may not be after today.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thank you both...I have him and will need to keep an eye on this...next game very soon...

DD...

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Doogal wrote: 22 May 2018, 17:54 They said Renshaw was a direct replacement for Abell at no. 6. Presumably happy with the batting lineup otherwise - though they may not be after today.
Seemed a bit odd that Renshaw went in at 6, and possibly a bit of a miscalculation.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Eagles squad:

Ryan ten Doeschate (27) Captain
Ravi Bopara (25)
Varun Chopra (6)
Sam Cook (16)
James Foster (7)
Simon Harmer (11)
Dan Lawrence (28)
Shane Snater (29)
Callum Taylor (67)
Neil Wagner (13)
Tom Westley (21)
Adam Wheater (31)
Ashar Zaidi (99)

Jamie Porter rested. Not been doing that much in th one day stuff, to keep or not too keep!?

Also noticed Middlesex are in the late game so no knowing Harris will play or not!!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”