To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

London Cup Squads and Chit Chat

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Re: London Cup Squads and Chit Chat

Post by Waikikamukau »

ooozzzie wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 19:01 All change here Worcs have tried the hit everything approach and it has not paid off. Ali been very lucky in between some great shots to be fair to him. Henry Brookes just 18 bowling very well..... But Cox playing out his skin looks like that approach is going to pay off.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Sounded like a great game to attend ooozzzie :D Really thought Warks might have got there at the end from the radio.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Waikikamukau wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 22:35
ooozzzie wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 19:01 All change here Worcs have tried the hit everything approach and it has not paid off. Ali been very lucky in between some great shots to be fair to him. Henry Brookes just 18 bowling very well..... But Cox playing out his skin looks like that approach is going to pay off.

Sounded like a great game to attend ooozzzie :D Really thought Warks might have got there at the end from the radio.
It was a good game, Warcs a bit slow to start and I think they paid for that with a total under 300, but Hain and Ambrose batted well and did get them a reasonable total which didn't look likely with 10 overs to go, Then Worcs came out and went crazy, going for everything, and that almost didn't pay off as they lost a couple of wickets, how Ali didn't lose his wicket earlier I will never know, very lucky, but in between that some brilliant shots. But you feel he could get a duck next innings. Stone was the best bowler, but backed up by Henry Brookes what a talent he is, and I would not hesitate to stick him in TFC at a 1, he is a real up and coming bowler, Highly thought of by the home fans. A word on them, they were very generous in their appreciation of Moheens ton, a lot standing up. Very fair. Down side on the ground, all the food outlets where closed, the members were going out and over the road to the fish and chip shop, loads of them. Madness. Good day though I will go again. Hopefully will get to Worcs semi final if I can.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Dam 3rd in the weekly, lost it yesterday.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Glad your day was good and that you saw a brilliant game..

Really sorry about the weekly....at least you can still win later in the season...just not when I have an entry!😉

DD....

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

Waikikamukau wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 22:24
Edgeways wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 17:39 Now Hampshire decide to tell us that Amla returned to South Africa for treatment on an injury sustained in May. Thanks a bunch.
Steyn, who I originally read was only here for about a week, is now available for all 3 of their upcoming CC fixtures.

Just had a proper Homer Simpson moment . I thought you were writing about Abbott :!: Even reading this BBC article I still thought Abbott. I'm reading that BBC article thinking, but yeah, but nah, cos Abbott's a bowler...cos Kolpak...and.. Edgeways...and...then it hit me .... *DOH*...FM..Chalrie Babbott here's not been reading the big bold red print properly :shock:

Anyway, does anyone know when Abbott, ...Abbott,... who the hell is Abbott.... back :?:
Don't be ridiculous Waikki, that would mean Hamps actually giving us some info when it would be useful.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 14:25 Wickets falling rapidly!

Change of subject but does anyone know what happened to Carberry? Health again or something else? Ditto ,has The Colonel surfaced anywhere yet?

Thanks,

DD...
Mustard is the professional at Felling CC (South Tyneside).

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Do you think Jake Ball will be released to play in Notts play off game in Thursday, can’t see him getting in England’s 11 for the one dayers?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

primitive man wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 08:00
Ducks Deluxe wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 14:25 Wickets falling rapidly!

Change of subject but does anyone know what happened to Carberry? Health again or something else? Ditto ,has The Colonel surfaced anywhere yet?

Thanks,

DD...
Mustard is the professional at Felling CC (South Tyneside).
Whow thats interesting. They can't be paying him much, but he is going to bring a lot of interest into the club. And he must be scoring some runs.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Bluearmy16 wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 09:26 Do you think Jake Ball will be released to play in Notts play off game in Thursday, can’t see him getting in England’s 11 for the one dayers?
Well he is out for 4 days that's for sure, but we are not really going to know the answer to your question until they 1230 on Wednesday the day before, but If you are right and he
doesn't play then I think he could be released, so I think there is a good chance. But we have another game first anyone could get injured and he could end up playing. So there is no
right answer to this yet. He is also in crack form he could play against Scotland and have a great match, hard to drop then.

I am only thinking out loud as I have got him in 5 teams as well, I think I am going to keep him in the teams I have less transfers in, but transfer him with those with a lot, :shock: :lol:

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Many thanks to pm for the info and the message!😉

DD.

madterrier
Treebeard
FS Record: Runner-up (£1.5k) Metro FF
2nd, 3rd (£4k) Metro Champions League
3rd (£500) Mirror PL

Post by madterrier »

Interesting to hear a first-hand report. I heard Brookes was very promising and have him in my best team (and Stone in my second best). I had expected him to be rested/rotated because of his age, but he keeps on making the starting XI and has actually outscored Stone so far.

I think I'm glad Worcs went through. My best team has 2x Worcs and 1x Warwicks - took a punt on Ferguson a while ago as I had only used 4 transfers in that team, although would have been nicer if they had the extra game for finishing 2nd/3rd (but the outcomes of other games didn't make that possible). Second best team has Hain+Stone and no Worcs.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

ooozzzie wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 09:37
Bluearmy16 wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 09:26 Do you think Jake Ball will be released to play in Notts play off game in Thursday, can’t see him getting in England’s 11 for the one dayers?
Well he is out for 4 days that's for sure, but we are not really going to know the answer to your question until they 1230 on Wednesday the day before, but If you are right and he
doesn't play then I think he could be released, so I think there is a good chance. But we have another game first anyone could get injured and he could end up playing. So there is no
right answer to this yet. He is also in crack form he could play against Scotland and have a great match, hard to drop then.

I am only thinking out loud as I have got him in 5 teams as well, I think I am going to keep him in the teams I have less transfers in, but transfer him with those with a lot, :shock: :lol:
Thanks ooozzzie, will get rid even though he is one of the most consistent bowlers.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

I would wait until squads later today at least and of course pick a bowler that will be playing in play offs. Could pick up 6 to 10 wickets more than.Ball over next week. So worth it. There will be loads that keep Ball. Which isn't a bad move either, just really depends on if you can afford the transfer on a critical player. 50/50

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

First squad news:

Glos vs. Kent

Glos: Dent (c), Howell, Roderick, Bracey, Hankins, J.Taylor, van Buuren, Noema-Barnett, Higgins, Miles, Liddle, Drissell, M.Taylor

Kent: 6 Joe Denly (c), 23 Daniel Bell-Drummond, 16 Zak Crawley, 58 Sean Dickson, 24 Matt Henry, 4 Heino Kuhn, 1 Harry Podmore, 33 Adam Riley, 21 Ollie Robinson, 12 Adam Rouse, 3 Darren Stevens, 9 Grant Stewart, 5 Ivan Thomas.

Lancs vs. Essex

Lancs: Liam Livingstone (C), Tom Bailey, Shiv Chanderpaul, Jordan Clark, Steven Croft, Alex Davies, Haseeb Hameed, Liam Hurt, Keaton Jennings, Joe Mennie, Graham Onions, Matt Parkinson, Stephen Parry, Dane Vilas,

Essex: RtD, Wheater, Bopara, Chopra, Coles, A. Cook, S. Cook, Harmer, Lawrence, Pepper, Porter, Wagner, Westley

Durham vs. Derbyshire

Durham: Cameron Steel (c), Tom Latham, Will Smith, Graham Clark, Gareth Harte, Michael Jones, Ryan Davies (wk), Liam Trevaskis, Nathan Rimmington, Josh Coughlin, Chris Rushworth, Matt Salisbury, Gavin Main

Derbys: Godleman, Slater, Madsen, Hughes, Brodrick, Critchley, Hosein, Smit, Viljoen, Palladino, Rampaul, Olivier, Qadri, Gleadall

Somerset vs. Notts

Somerset: Abell* (c) Bartlett, Bess, Byrom, Davey*, Davies (wk), Gregory, Groenewald*, Hildreth, C Overton, J Overton, Renshaw, VD Merwe, V Meekeren

*Tom Abell, Josh Davey and Tim Groenewald will face late fitness tests

Notts: Jake Libby, Chris Nash, Steven Mullaney (c), Mark Footitt, Riki Wessels, Harry Gurney, Luke Wood, Matt Milnes, Luke Fletcher, Matt Carter, Samit Patel, Tom Moores (wkt), Ross Taylor, Billy Root.

Hants vs. Surrey

Hants:

Surrey: Burns, Borthwick, Clarke, S. Curran, Dernbach, Dunn, Foakes, Harinath, Morkel, Patel, Pillans, Pope, Stoneman, Virdi

Warwicks vs. Glamorgan

Warwicks: Patel, Ambrose, Barker, Bell, Brookes, Hain, Lamb, Poysden, Rhodes, Sibley, Stone, Thomson, Trott, Wright, Hannon-Dalby

Glam: Cooke, Khawaja, Lloyd, Selman, Murphy, Brown, Salter, Smith, van der Gugten, Morgan, Carey, Lawlor

Northants vs. Leics

Northants:

Leics: Horton (capt), Abbas, Ackermann, Chappell, Cosgrove, Dearden, Dexter, Javid, Jones, Hill (wk), Parkinson, Raine, Griffiths.
Last edited by roverinexile on 08 Jun 2018, 17:05, edited 2 times in total.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Hants 14 man squad:
Jimmy Adams, Lewis McManus, Sean Ervine, Rilee Rossouw, Liam Dawson, Joe Weatherley, Gareth Berg , Ryan Stevenson , James Vince, Fidel Edwards, Dale Steyn, Kyle Abbott, Mason Crane, Ian Holland

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Hampshire Cricket

Verified account

@hantscricket
4m4 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: We are pleased to announce that our @OneDayCup semi-final to be held at @TheAgeasBowl on Monday 18th June has been brought forward and will now start at 11am.

Full story: https://goo.gl/iuQDEj

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”