TFC Team News Squads Chit Chat Early Season 2018

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Re: TFC Team News Squads Chit Chat Early Season 2018

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Is he crocked Jim?

Being stupid ,afraid I don't get the Highlander reference.... :oops:

What a remarkable turn around for Yorks!

In the horrible,huge attic....hate it...and can't follow the cricket properly!

DD..

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

Post by Fatbellywobblebottom »

Anyone know if Barnard at Worcester is unfit. I know he batted for a fair while but then didn't bowl a single over....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Mark Wood returns after sitting on the bench for CSK, he has 1 x CC game to get match practice before the 1st Test. Got a couple of London Cup games as well if he so chooses to play in those :roll: We have been through other bowler options, there are a few.

Can't see anything ref Barnard, guess will have more of a clue tomorrow when squad comes out. He might just have been rested as he had just bowled 25 overs and then scored 66. Good spot though.

OMG Dom Sibley just scored 278 off 308 balls for the 2nds!

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Not sure Wood has the right to walk back into the England team with only one game for Durham. Especially with his injury record. Can’t see him being match fit for first test. I actually don’t think Overton has done a lot wrong to not be included, and although Ball looked very poor v the Aussies he has started the season on 🔥

In other news presumably Murtagh will miss Middlesex game on Friday playing for Ireland.

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

Fatbellywobblebottom wrote: 08 May 2018, 17:10 Anyone know if Barnard at Worcester is unfit. I know he batted for a fair while but then didn't bowl a single over....
Barnard can’t find anything, I think the skipper new it was pointless bowling medium pace bowlers on a road. Leach only bowled four himself, long season no point wasting energy! I would think neither bowled many for those reasons. Abbott possibly the same, not his deck saved for another day. Why waste your best bowlers,it’s a bloody long hard season! I could be wrong, but we soon find out.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

I suppose we'll see on Thursday when the squad news trickles through BC.

More England selection speculation from the Guardian -
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... -test-team

and the BEEB
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44042088

The spinners sections caught my eye ☺

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

jimwinn wrote: 09 May 2018, 00:08 I suppose we'll see on Thursday when the squad news trickles through BC.

and the BEEB

Yes same questions really. Agree Wood shouldn't play totally unfair on Overton and Ball. Ali is getting on my nerves he needs a break, and would love to see Virdi get a game and drop him in the deep end. Instead of waiting until he is 26! Stokes is a problem, he has been terrible in the IPL and of course we don't know if he can bowl more than 3 or 4 overs, he can't bowl those very well at the moment. But I am sure he will play. Although no mention of him coming back early to get a round of CC in. Remember he only bowled a few overs against New Zealand and was playing because of his batting ability. But alternative Woakes hasn't done himself many favours either and seems to have been dropped by RCB and collecting dust. I would drop all 4 from the IPL (Stokes Woakes Ali and Wood) and send them off for some County Cricket. Its only 2 Test Matches, and they just come to close to the IPL, tough luck we will mange. Interesting to see what happens.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Agree about Ali - he's been very average for the last year or so. I wouldn't select Stokes until his case is resolved but the selectors seem to be more interested in sponsors / advertising. Virdi is interesting but may need to get in line behind Leach. The openers are the main problem. I would move on from Cook and Stoneman but the lack of in form alternatives might mean they get another go.

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

jimwinn wrote: 09 May 2018, 00:08 I suppose we'll see on Thursday when the squad news trickles through BC.

and the BEEB

Interesting reading.
Shane Warne was a wild card pick, but we need a spinner,a real spinner. Ali is a no for me, Amar Virdi, is a wild card. Mid May Lords, no need for a spinner. 4 medium pace bowlers + stokes. Anderson, Broad, I would like to see Sam Curran left Arm 82 mph, and can bat. Woakes deserves more time and can bat.

My Team if I was chairman and batting line up.
1 Cook
2 Stoneman
3 Root I would make him bat 3
4 Bairstow form of his life, great player
5 Vince This lad is so pleasing on the eye, but green tops could see him being called Nick again.
6 Malan This lad could become a rock, and is a good one day player.
7 Stokes I know this is low, but ipl form poor, believe Bairstow is a better bat. So they swap.
8 Woakes quickest bowler in the team and can bat
9 S Curren left arm swing,and might become quicker as he fills out. Something different. A change needed Bats as well
10 Broad A great
11 Anderson even greater

Later in the summer possibly rotate the medium pacers for rest. A must a real spinner has to be Leach! Not in the first two tests though not required. So Root & Malan spin options if required but I can’t see it!

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

ooozzzie wrote: 09 May 2018, 07:09

and the BEEB

Yes same questions really. Agree Wood shouldn't play totally unfair on Overton and Ball. Ali is getting on my nerves he needs a break, and would love to see Virdi get a game and drop him in the deep end. Instead of waiting until he is 26! Stokes is a problem, he has been terrible in the IPL and of course we don't know if he can bowl more than 3 or 4 overs, he can't bowl those very well at the moment. But I am sure he will play. Although no mention of him coming back early to get a round of CC in. Remember he only bowled a few overs against New Zealand and was playing because of his batting ability. But alternative Woakes hasn't done himself many favours either and seems to have been dropped by RCB and collecting dust. I would drop all 4 from the IPL (Stokes Woakes Ali and Wood) and send them off for some County Cricket. Its only 2 Test Matches, and they just come to close to the IPL, tough luck we will mange. Interesting to see what happens.
I agree changes are needed but to many all at once could be dangerous. I think they will just play it safe, I would love a summer of 76 where we need two spinners. Two actual spinners, not two batsmen spinners. Leach and Virdi, get them on some Bunsen burners. Edmunds & Emburey are probably the last two. Not sure how often Swann and Monty played together. In England, green tops 80 mph ball in right place that’s all that is required. That’s why we are terrible abroad! 2005 we had three real Quicks Freddie, Harmison & Jones. Plus 82 mph Hoggard who was a class bowler. Plus possibly one of the worst spinners ever Giles. He actually did bowl one of the best balls in test cricket history, to remove Damien Martyn who was class! I will find it for you lads. Good luck in the comp lads Macca!
https://youtu.be/2mESB4zb3Wg

This was great,but he in my opinion wasn’t!

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

What I came on the board for boys, was to let you know that Nicky Johns & Charlotte Johns are the same person. Could be Husband & Wife, but they are a team. 5136.6 there top 5 Johns teams equates to this score. Cheers lads, just so we know who we are playing against in the league of private leagues.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Black caviar wrote: 09 May 2018, 13:31 What I came on the board for boys, was to let you know that Nicky Johns & Charlotte Johns are the same person.

No! They aren't the same person and judging by past evidence they compete with each other. There are far too many cheats on fiso who also play in their wife's name in limited entry games, but DON'T assume that every couple's teams are controlled by just one person, especially in games where unlimited entries are allowed.

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

Striker wrote: 09 May 2018, 19:44
Black caviar wrote: 09 May 2018, 13:31 What I came on the board for boys, was to let you know that Nicky Johns & Charlotte Johns are the same person.

No! They aren't the same person and judging by past evidence they compete with each other. There are far too many cheats on fiso who also play in their wife's name in limited entry games, but DON'T assume that every couple's teams are controlled by just one person, especially in games where unlimited entries are allowed.
No what I meant was they are in a joint private league together like we are. I just added up their top five scores,and that’s the only way possible to get 5136.6 pts. There was no other way to get it, I just meant there in the same league of private leagues.i don’t believe they are cheating, or have done anything at all wrong! Just they are in the same private league, which is fine! They look a mighty fine team, as do the fiso lads. Sorry if i offended you, I didn’t mean too. Sorry again

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

And don't forget the League of Gentlemen (Cartwright-Element axis)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipsPgNEmAXI

That's if I've got any transfers left by the beginning of June.

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

leeloo wrote: 09 May 2018, 21:03 And don't forget the League of Gentlemen (Cartwright-Element axis)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipsPgNEmAXI

That's if I've got any transfers left by the beginning of June.
:lol: :lol: none left for Jason then?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Gloucestershire excited about playing at Lords and an unchanged side is pretty likely. Middlesex have no Murtagh or Stirling they are off to play for Ireland. However they do have Steve Finn back and he will play. It also looks possible that a certain Eoin Morgan might play as he has committed to red ball cricket again. Where has he been for the last month? I don't expect anyone is that bothered. :lol:

Hose A
Wideboy
FS Record: Could do better.

Post by Hose A »

Yorkshire squad v Surrey at The Oval.

Gary Ballance (Capt), Jonny Bairstow (Wk), Tim Bresnan, Harry Brook, Jack Brooks, Karl Carver, Jack Leaning, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson. Cheteshwar Pujara, Joe Root, Josh Shaw, James Wainman.

**Ben Coad is rested due to a slight ankle strain**

Surrey squad.

Rory Burns (Capt), Gareth Batty, Scott Borthwick, Rikki Clarke, Sam Curran, Jade Dernbach, Dean Elgar, Ben Foakes (Wk), Conor McKerr, Stuart Meaker, Ryan Patel, Ollie Pope, Mark Stoneman, Amar Virdi.
Last edited by Hose A on 10 May 2018, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Hmm checking back Coad played in just 4 London Cup games in 2017 obviously that doesn't mean to say it will be same this year, but with this news I think it's time to part company. I think he might play in a couple more this year but maybe 6? Certainly not all.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hose A
Wideboy

Post by Hose A »

Worcestershire squad v Essex at Worcester.

Daryl Mitchell, Brett D'Oliveira, Tom Fell, Joe Clarke, Travis Head, Ben Cox (Wk), Ed Barnard, Joe Leach (Capt), Ben Twohig, Charlie Morris, Josh Tongue, Steve Magoffin.

Essex squad.

Ryan ten Doeschate (Capt), James Foster (Wk), Aaron Beard, Ravi Bopara, Nick Browne, Varun Chopra, Alastair Cook, Sam Cook, Simon Harmer, Dan Lawrence, Jamie Porter, Peter Siddle, Tom Westley.

**Peter Siddle & Alastair Cook play their last games**
Last edited by Hose A on 10 May 2018, 16:41, edited 2 times in total.

Hose A
Wideboy

Post by Hose A »

Sussex squad v Kent at Canterbury.

Ben Brown (Capt./Wk), Danny Briggs, Michael Burgess, George Garton, Harry Finch, Ollie Robinson, Abi Sakande, Phil Salt, Ishant Sharma, Stiaan van Zyl, David Wiese, Luke Wells, Luke Wright.

Kent squad.

Joe Denly (Capt), Daniel Bell-Drummond, Sean Dickson, Heino Kuhn, Zak Crawley, Darren Stevens, Calum Haggett, Adam Rouse (Wk), Matt Henry, Harry Podmore, Ivan Thomas, Adam Riley, Alex Blake.

Hose A
Wideboy

Post by Hose A »

Gloucestershire squad v Middlesex at Lords.

Chris Dent (Capt), Benny Howell, James Bracey, Gareth Roderick (Wk), Jack Taylor, Graeme van Buuren, Ryan Higgins, Kieran Noema-Barnett, Craig Miles, Daniel Worrall, Matt Taylor, Chris Liddle, George Hankins.

Middlesex squad.

Dawid Malan (Capt), Tom Barber, Hilton Cartwright, Stephen Eskinazi, Steven Finn, Nick Gubbins, James Harris, Tom Helm, Max Holden, Eoin Morgan, Ollie Rayner, Sam Robson, John Simpson (Wk).

**Tim Murtagh & Paul Stirling unavailable (playing for Ireland)**
Last edited by Hose A on 10 May 2018, 16:40, edited 2 times in total.

Hose A
Wideboy

Post by Hose A »

Derbyshire squad v Durham at Derby.

Billy Godleman (Capt), Ben Slater, Luis Reece, Wayne Madsen, Alex Hughes, Matt Critchley, Daryn Smit (Wk), Harvey Hosein (Wk), Ravi Rampaul, Hardus Viljoen, Duanne Olivier, Tony Palladino, Will Davis.

**Mark Footitt injured** **Gary Wilson away with Ireland**

Durham squad.

Paul Collingwood (Capt), Aiden Markram, Cameron Steel, Will Smith, Graham Clark, Gareth Harte, Michael Richardson, Stuart Poynter (Wk), James Weighell, Mark Wood, Nathan Rimmington, Matt Dixon, George Harding.

**Mark Wood back from IPL** **Matt Dixon on month's loan from Essex**
Last edited by Hose A on 10 May 2018, 16:40, edited 3 times in total.

Hose A
Wideboy

Post by Hose A »

Warwickshire squad v Northants at Edgbaston.

Jeetan Patel (Capt), Tim Ambrose (Wk), Keith Barker, Ian Bell, Henry Brookes, Sam Hain, Adam Hose, Matt Lamb, Will Rhodes, Dom Sibley, Olly Stone, Alex Thomson, Jonathan Trott, Chris Wright, Oliver Hannon-Dalby.

** Ryan Sidebottom injured (side strain)**

Northants squad.

Alex Wakely (Capt), Rob Newton, Ben Duckett, Richard Levi, Rob Keogh, Luke Procter, Adam Rossington (Wk), Josh Cobb, Steven Crook, Doug Bracewell, Brett Hutton, Ben Sanderson.
Last edited by Hose A on 10 May 2018, 16:39, edited 2 times in total.

Hose A
Wideboy

Post by Hose A »

Somerset squad v Hampshire at Taunton.

Tom Abell (Capt), George Bartlett, Eddie Byrom, Josh Davey, Steve Davies (Wk), Lewis Gregory, Tim Groenewald, James Hildreth, Jack Leach, Craig Overton, Matt Renshaw, Paul van Meekeren.

**Marcus Trescothick injured (broken foot)** **Josh Davey fitness test tomorrow**

Hampshire squad.

Jimmy Adams, Joe Weatherley, Mason Crane, Brad Taylor, Rilee Rossouw, James Vince (Capt), Hashim Amla, Kyle Abbott, Gareth Berg, Ryan Stevenson, Fidel Edwards, Lewis McManus (Wk), Tom Alsop, Brad Wheal.
Last edited by Hose A on 10 May 2018, 16:39, edited 2 times in total.

Hose A
Wideboy

Post by Hose A »

Glamorgan squad v Leicestershire at Grace Rd.

Michael Hogan (Capt), Nick Selman, Jack Murphy, Shaun Marsh, Kiran Carlson, Aneurin Donald, Chris Cooke (Wk), David Lloyd, Andrew Salter, Lukas Carey, Marchant De Lange, Timm van der Gugten, Ruaidhri Smith.

Leicestershire squad.

Michael Carberry (Capt), Varun Aaron, Colin Ackermann, Mark Cosgrove, Neil Dexter, Gavin Griffiths, Lewis Hill (Wk), Paul Horton, Ateeq Javid, Dieter Klein, Callum Parkinson, Ben Raine.

**Ned Eckersley injured (finger)**
Last edited by Hose A on 10 May 2018, 16:38, edited 2 times in total.

Hose A
Wideboy

Post by Hose A »

Nottinghamshire squad v Lancashire at Trent Bridge.

Jake Libby, Chris Nash, Steven Mullaney (Capt), Stuart Broad, Riki Wessels, Harry Gurney, Matt Milnes, Luke Fletcher, Samit Patel, Tom Moores (Wk), Ross Taylor, Jake Ball, Billy Root.

Lancashire squad.

Liam Livingstone (Capt), James Anderson, Tom Bailey, Shiv Chanderpaul, Jordan Clark, Steven Croft, Alex Davies (Wk), Haseeb Hameed, Keaton Jennings, Graham Onions, Stephen Parry, Matt Parkinson, Dane Vilas (Wk).

**Joe Mennie injured (thigh strain)**

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

This is all incredibly helpful...thank you,Hose:) !

I see that Batty is fit...hope this doesn't mean that Virdi is dropped.Talking of whom,this bloke certainly doesn't look 19!!..When I first saw his photo I thought it was a mistake!

The injuries to various bowlers presents a real headache.Ooozzzie has summarised the Coad dilemma and there are others whose participation in the RL I am unsure of....I can see me wasting transfers due to my inability to sit on my hands!

This feels like a really significant round of games,from our perspective..

DD.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Hose A wrote: 10 May 2018, 14:44
Northants squad.

Alex Wakely (Capt), Rob Newton, Ben Duckett, Richard Levi, Rob Keogh, Luke Procter, Adam Rossington (Wk), Josh Cobb, Steven Crook, Doug Bracewell, Brett Hutton, Ben Sanderson.
Gleeson, who according to TFC is still the most picked bowler in the comp in just over 1 in 3 teams and who has not played since week 2...is out for a while by the looks:
Northants have suffered a big injury blow with key bowler Richard Gleeson likely to miss a key part of the forthcoming Royal London One-Day Cup campaign.
The County start their 50-over bid at home to Leicestershire on May 17, but pace ace Gleeson will not be available.

The 30-year-old is set to have a second scan on an elbow injury, and head coach David Ripley fears he could miss a big chunk of the competition.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Great job Hose A, thanks. I usually like a couple of Northants players, but haven't had any this year and they just look weak. Obviously when they are bottom its a pretty easy thing to say, but players like Ben Duckett I fear his career is going down the pan and he had so much to offer. Always cheerful and clowning around on Twitter though. How on earth Gleeson can be that high in the rankings of picked players is a complete mystery, shame he is injured though, don't like to see that. London Cup picks aren't going to be easy first week that's for sure. The Cricinfo site has a great list of how many games each player played last season, very helpful.

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

Striker wrote: 09 May 2018, 19:44

W
Last edited by Black caviar on 10 May 2018, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”