To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC Team News Squads Chit Chat Early Season 2018

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

TFC Team News Squads Chit Chat Early Season 2018

Post by ooozzzie »

Thought it might be an idea to start a fresh thread with the start just 3 days away.

David Willey has been called as a late injury replacement for CSK, Yorkshire not happy but didn't stand in his way. They are calling for a cut off date in future but bit late now. They came up with the decision that an unhappy player in the dressing room is bad news. Seems they bend over backwards to keep everyone happy. Rashid a prime example.

just for info/interest Worcestershire's ground is amazingly clear of all water.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Re: TFC Team News Squads Chit Chat Early Season 2018

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Great idea to start this off Ooozzie! Remarkable news re
Worcs....I saw the recent photos!

Any indication yet about an early bird deal? I bought a bundle of ten yesterday and hoping that it miraculously doubles ....probably too late now,I suspect....

I have been out of commission for a while....I'll be in touch... :)

DD...

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

The only early "offer" was a free team for each early entry made into an elite league, an offer which (I think) finished at the weekend, no other signs of deals this term as yet, and time is running out.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Whow weather forecast's improving all the time, and could be really nice temperature and sunshine next week, if they are correct. Massive difference!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2643743

superlancs
Kevin and Perry

Post by superlancs »

when Mornie Morkel is fit he'll eat division one batsmen for fun. However, given his injury record is he worth the risk? I only ask as I play a game where once picked, your starting eleven stays your eleven throughout the season

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Looking gloomy in Leeds
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2644688

Handy for the bowlers in Manchester
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643123

Same in Southampton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643123

So so at Edgebaston
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2650236

Sunshine in Kent?!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2653877

Overcast in London
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2643743

So a bit chilly really but handy for seamers

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks Quizking...I saw that offer but wasn't tempted!

Do we know when Morkel will play from?

Thanks for the info,Jim!

DD....

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

Morkel arrives at Surrey tomorrow but has a slight side strain. Not expected to be fit for their opener a week on Friday.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thank you,Edgeways!

DD....

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Another Kolpak. I wonder which English qualified seam bowler will lose their place to him. :roll:

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Maldini wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 18:06 Another Kolpak. I wonder which English qualified seam bowler will lose their place to him. :roll:
Would say Tom Curran but he's too busy taking the IPL money.

12 English at IPL now? - can't rule out more going yet.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Yes,and more breaking down whilst there...replacing broken down Aussie bowlers....

Simply too much cricket available world wide for the best players to be sustainable..

DD.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Yes 12 IPL Players It was 10 but now 12 with Willey and Plunkett called up this week. Problem is, we have a lot of rich England players that are not bothered about County Championship. They get treated like superstars for 2 months, live in luxury, or its either that or sit around waiting for rain to stop, or fielding all day in a chilly 10 degrees. Not a lot of fun. Its a no brainer. But can't see many more than 12 going per season. Is that 12 too many, don't think we can do much about it. You let one go and you have to let the others.

DD Roy Plunkett
KKR Curran
RR Buttler Stokes
RCB Ali Woakes
SRH Hales Jordan
CSK Billings Wood Willey

Also you have Rashid and Hales that won't play Red Ball but still available for England Test Team, yes fat chance :roll: And Morgan who will now play Red ball ! After not getting an IPL Pick.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Well said Oooooz

I was listening to an Aussie journo last night outlining the root causes for the Aussie problems - traditionally cricket was their moral compass (play hard and fair etc). The IPL has removed any morality and replaced this with money grabbing where ball trashing 'entertainment' and hype are the only considerations. Their top players don't play shield cricket either so its non just us.

BTW if anyone can find the scoreboard for yesterday's Surrey vs Sussex friendly I would be grateful. Both counties have a short report but it would be nice to see who played

This wiki has a list of all ipl players - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... am_rosters

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I heard that excellent interview as well...Radio 5 Up All Night with Rhod Sharp,I think...

I have been looking at the excellent Cricketer Fixture Wallchart...Pretty daft the way the two Test series are incredibly compressed at the start and end of the summer...almost nothing in June and July...but lots of pretty tedious one day stuff...The way in which the Indian series is compressed will lead to even more pressure on the seamers...whoever they are by then...

Dear only knows what next season will be like ,with two T20 series to fit in.....As we know,the loser will be first class cricket....horrible..

DD...

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

That's it Ducks - welcome to insomnia city

Wow - got a pdf from Abby at Sussex with the scorecard :D

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Nice to know that the counties check in here,Jim!

Well done,Abby and greetings from a rather damp Edinburgh! :)

DD....

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

It was nice of her ☺

A reply in < 5 minutes from the marketing exec is cool - hope she's playing TFC

Dry in Leeds today :shock:

Ishant played for Sussex BTW

He's not my mystery Sussex pick though

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks for info,Jim...I can see another late night ahead ,trying to make sense of my teams whilst following the Commonwealth Games!

DD...

Aztek
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Aztek »

Good morning ladies and gentlemen! I am starting to get quite excited for the start of the season. There were times 20 years ago i would have spent a ridiculous amount of time pouring over the player lists to pick out any gems and potentials. Time these days is drastically limited so I will no doubt check my customary 5 teams in last minute tomorrow evening and then frantically making changes Friday morning!

I had a really up and down season last year, was flirting with top 100 in most areas and then just ran out of steam and time from about half way through the season. That Mr Ingram was a brilliant accidental skipper for the one day stuff last May!

With the weather as it is it really doesn't feel like cricket is about to awaken my fantasy slumber!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

And back to the T20 issue again is a piece from the Guardian which is exactly what we have been talking about. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... -australia

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 10:58
Dear only knows what next season will be like ,with two T20 series to fit in.....As we know,the loser will be first class cricket....horrible..

DD.. .
Its 2020 when it starts DD, and they are going to run the new competition over the same weeks as our current T20 Blast competition. That will be the loser. as the best players be drafted into the new competition. There will be no CC on at that time. So it wont effect that. They will have different start times. So there won't be old T20 and new playing at the same time. There will only be one new T20 comp game on per day, as they are all live on TV, that's the whole point of it. and some are free on Terrestrial TV. So I expect the new games to start at about 7pm to max UK audience potential. That will be on every night I suppose. Maybe a night off so the Blast can all play a game, Friday? Then rest will be at weekends with a 2pm start.

I heard the other day that the ICC have a pot of 18 million set aside as expected losses in the 1st year. I think the elected 8 grounds will all get extra money to cover losses, but if they manage to get closer to breaking even or even a profit they get to keep it, so its up to them to push sales. So they are going to be keen. They will have two competitions going on at the same time. The others will just get 1.3 Million.
Last edited by ooozzzie on 11 Apr 2018, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks for the info,Ooozzzie..As you know,I have been rather behind the beat for the last year or so.

It sounds like a dog's dinner ,I have to say,in terms of trying to pour three half pints into a pint pot! Somebody has to lose out and I guess it will be the 'unfashionable ' counties,whatever financial guarantees they are given...Car crash central! :P

Let's hope that we are all in good health to follow the drama...even if from behind the metaphorical sofa!

Best to all,DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 12:16 Thanks for the info,Ooozzzie..As you know,I have been rather behind the beat for the last year or so.

It sounds like a dog's dinner ,I have to say,in terms of trying to pour three half pints into a pint pot! Somebody has to lose out and I guess it will be the 'unfashionable ' counties,whatever financial guarantees they are given...Car crash central! :P

Let's hope that we are all in good health to follow the drama...even if from behind the metaphorical sofa!

Best to all,DD...
Well as I just added to last post, no-one will lose, as ICC have 18 Million to cover it. 1.3 million to all sides, then extra for losses to the 8 grounds which are
Lords, Oval, Southampton, Edgbaston, Headingly, Old Trafford, Trent Bridge and Cardiff. They are the biggest set up's so you might expect them to be able to sell more tickets (not saying they will just thats the plan) and make less of a loss first year. Remember they will be selling this for big money to TV and get the 18 Million back easily world wide. But yes the loser will be the Blast, but it will encourage younger players to get a run out for a 4 weeks, its only 4 weeks. lol

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Aztek wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 11:38 Good morning ladies and gentlemen! I am starting to get quite excited for the start of the season. There were times 20 years ago i would have spent a ridiculous amount of time pouring over the player lists to pick out any gems and potentials. Time these days is drastically limited so I will no doubt check my customary 5 teams in last minute tomorrow evening and then frantically making changes Friday morning!

I had a really up and down season last year, was flirting with top 100 in most areas and then just ran out of steam and time from about half way through the season. That Mr Ingram was a brilliant accidental skipper for the one day stuff last May!

With the weather as it is it really doesn't feel like cricket is about to awaken my fantasy slumber!
Hi Aztek, You won't be alone Thursday evening Friday Morning, need those squads really.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks for the update,Ooozzie....Time will tell.....! :D

DD...

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Hi all,
Glad it's back and looking forward to summer, not that it feels very summery right now.
Seems to be getting more and more complicated to pick a team that will play week in / week out. Availability of overseas players also seems confusing. Durham have Markram, Latham and now Patel all for one part of summer or other, as well as Nathan Rimmington, latter presumably on some sort of passport deal.
Only 12 teams playing this week, but who knows how much cricket they will get given the forecast. Lack of pre-season games due to rain doesn't help with working out who may actually be in the starting XIs for each team, as well as issues with availability of contracted players and quite a few injuries knocking about. I see Coughlin (Notts version) is now up to 15% ownership despite being out for most of the season.
Roll on another season of TFC mediocrity :)
Cheers!

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Talking of England player availability, here's the latest:

https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/655868/engla ... ampionship

though this doesn't take into account Willey heading off to the IPL.

Slightly surprising that Cook isn't available earlier given need for some form. Only Vince and Livingstone available for week 1.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

roverinexile wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 20:15 Talking of England player availability, here's the latest:

https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/655868/engla ... ampionship

though this doesn't take into account Willey heading off to the IPL.

Slightly surprising that Cook isn't available earlier given need for some form. Only Vince and Livingstone available for week 1.
Good list thanks for that. I like the fact they do issue a list, so at least we don't have to guess that bit, most of it makes sense. But agree Cook' only playing 3 out
of 5 is surprising. Having said that, he is getting older, and is struggling, so the rest might be better for him so it might actually be a good decision. 3% have picked Cook. What it all boils down to is IPL and England players except Vince and Livingstone are unpickable.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”